Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankydan100

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Birmingham UK
So the real price is more like £649?

Hard to see the deal in this.

Sure the upfront cost is low.

Well it works out better than paying full price from the apple store for a 3G Ipad and then paying a company such as t-mobile a monthly charge for data use say £25? As the fact you buying a 3G enabled Ipad probably means your going to require a data plan.

Last edited:

BurningJah

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
Belgium
that's the problem with those kind of deals! the same for example. you buy a smartphone (like those samsung waves and sony-ericsson xperia whatnot ) for 1€ but in small print the say! with a 2yr-contract for 40 a month! but people think hey cheap as hell!
but it's not. the don't count the total cost of the thing!

Frankydan100

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Birmingham UK
that's the problem with those kind of deals! the same for example. you buy a smartphone (like those samsung waves and sony-ericsson xperia whatnot ) for 1€ but in small print the say! with a 2yr-contract for 40 a month! but people think hey cheap as hell!

Yeah I agree thats a good point. Its only really worth while unless your going to definitely need a data plan for 2 years and would be planning on signing up for one anyway if you bought an ipad.

iJays

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009

for heavy/business users, that's a steal.

iJays

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Yeah, in Denmark it is required by law to advertise the real cost of ownership (including the 6 months you are bound to a contract).

Otherwise it is considered as misleading the general public.

Hopefully more countries will get behind this.

iJays

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
Yeah, in Denmark it is required by law to advertise the real cost of ownership (including the 6 months you are bound to a contract).

Otherwise it is considered as misleading the general public.

Hopefully more countries will get behind this.

and put a small note on the advertisement: 'based on Denmark because they are perfect'. ;)

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
How can people not see this as a good deal if you require a 3g data plan all the time? Yes the cost over 2 years is £649, but the data plan would be at least £15 a month which over 2 years is £360 so you are effectively getting a 32 GB ipad 3g for £289. That seems pretty good value to me!

Of course its only good if you will use 3g regularly and are happy to hold onto it for 2 years. Its not something I'd go for but I do see the value in the offer

iJays

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, they sent me an email yesterday about 09:00, I checked at 11:30 all were sold. They obviously need to get rid of them. So if you want an iPad 1 - you know where to look.

it is about the same price as on the apple store then minus the free case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.