Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
Sure, any military base with a px. Of course, you have to qualify to shop in one . . .

vandrv

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2008
B&H in New York shouldn't charge CA sales tax and they are great to deal with.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
BH Photo Video is on the web, largest photog store on the planet. I'm sure you can figure out the URL.

But maybe the roads they'll fix with the tax will help you out?

Gaelic2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Mountains of N. California
BH Photo Video is on the web, largest photog store on the planet. I'm sure you can figure out the URL.

But maybe the roads they'll fix with the tax will help you out?

Not in this state! It will go to one of their Pie In THe Sky programs like the high speed railroad from Stockton to Bakersfield which is nowhere to nowhere.

----------

THANKS! BH Camera it is.:D

Thomas H

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
sales tax

If you want to by apple products tax free go to an apple store in a sales tax free state like Oregon. But note that if you buy/use your Apple product for business that California still wants to collect "use" tax (same rate as sales tax) on the product.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Is there any place left where one can purchase a new iMac and not pay California tax?:confused:

Just a note... only if you buy from Amazon is there tax... if you buy from the market or any of the 3rd party sellers outside of CA it's still tax free. I got my Diztronic case for my iPhone 5 tax free but with Prime shipping still.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.