Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

N2bnfunn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
I have a 27 Retina I love everyone about it except for Yosemite text font size, you can not hardly see the words at the top of the page running in 4k resolution.

Does anyone know a work around beside down size the resolution ?

GatorGhost

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2014
I have a 27 Retina I love everyone about it except for Yosemite text font size, you can not hardly see the words at the top of the page running in 4k resolution.

Does anyone know a work around beside down size the resolution ?

I for one wish they would raise the system fonts a point or two...I do not see how it could hurt. I went and bought a pair of cheap reader glasses at the power of just +1.00 and can see all perfectly while sitting at comfortable and normal distance from the Mac. Not the technical answer you want, but for the $5 I spent at Walmart, I am real good to go and actually see better at lower resolutions where my prescription progressive lens are not quite as good.:)

hoejo

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2015
Austria
I understand you concerns - I am pretty careful too in using some 3rd party software, particularly when this are some "performance boosting" tools.
I am using some settings Tinkertool provides in a more handy way than osx (defaults write ...).
I've no problems with it, although I don't use the font options.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
Have you used this program and if so how is it. Just inquiring, because I hesitate in using third party software...it always seems I get malware of some sort. In as much, I am looking to give it a whirl and see. For now playing it safe.
Thanks

Tinkertool has been around for years. Never had any issues with it.

2014cbchoices

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2014
Port Hood, Cape Breton
small Yosemite text fonts

hi folks-i ran into this problem too!!!
I tried TinkerTool to tweak my app fonts;
the i went into System Preferences-Displays and discovered that my Yosemite had moved to a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 from my
Snow Leopard Dual boot settings of 1024 x 820.!!!! so this resulted in
me squinting to see my way around Yosemite. Once i changed my Yosemite resolution back to 1024 x 820, wow what a difference.!!

good luck

N2bnfunn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
hi folks-i ran into this problem too!!!
I tried TinkerTool to tweak my app fonts;
the i went into System Preferences-Displays and discovered that my Yosemite had moved to a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 from my
Snow Leopard Dual boot settings of 1024 x 820.!!!! so this resulted in
me squinting to see my way around Yosemite. Once i changed my Yosemite resolution back to 1024 x 820, wow what a difference.!!

good luck

We know you can change the resolution but that is defeating the purpose of having a 5K .. I paid for 5 k and I want to see it in 5k.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.