Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

On this week's episode of The MacRumors Show, we take a look at some of the major rumors about Apple's upcoming products that have emerged since the start of the new year.

Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos

Moving into 2023, the rumor cycle is already ramping up in anticipation of all of the new devices Apple is expected to launch this year. Over just the past two weeks, we have heard reports of the next-generation MacBook Pro models being delayed, the Apple silicon Mac Pro having non-user-upgradable memory and the same design as the 2019 model, and Apple working on Macs with touchscreens and OLED displays.

There have also been rumors about the iPhone 15 Pro having a titanium frame and solid state buttons and the second-generation AirPods Max being delayed until late 2024, as well as a highly detailed report about what to expect from Apple's mixed-reality headset later this year. In addition, we reflect on this year's CES and some of the standout devices revealed there.

Listen to The MacRumors Show using apps like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Castro, Google Podcasts, or subscribe by copying our RSS feed directly into your podcast player. You can also watch a video version of the podcast on the MacRumors YouTube channel.

If you haven't already listened to the previous episode of The MacRumors Show, be sure to catch up for a discussion about Apple's best and worst moments of 2022 with Jon Prosser and Sam Kohl.

Subscribe to The MacRumors Show for more episodes, where we discuss some of the topical news breaking here on MacRumors, often joined by exciting guests like Quinn Nelson, John Gruber, Federico Viticci, Sara Dietschy, Luke Miani, Thomas Frank, Jonathan Morrison, iJustine, Ross Young, Ian Zelbo, Jon Rettinger, Rene Ritchie, Andru Edwards, and Mark Gurman. Remember to rate and review the show, and let us know what subjects you would like the podcast to cover in the future.

Article Link: The MacRumors Show: New Year, New Apple Rumors

Last edited:

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
This headset has to be the most confounding Apple device rumored to date.
Super interested to see the capabilities this device/experience offers and how Apple will position the whole deal. While their bread and butter has never been gaming, I would have thought some form of gaming/entertainment would be an almost no-brainer at launch. This discussion seems to suggest otherwise. Regardless, having tried a neighbor's Oculus a coupe of times, the category seems to offers some pretty interesting potential. Not saying Apple's offering will realize said potential, nor am I saying this will be a device I/others will want, but I can't help but think there must surely be some aspect to it, that no one has been talking about, that will make this one of those "I had no idea I needed this" type of devices. They're placing a LOT of resources into this category and one would think they would be doing so if they had a solid road map they feel really good about. Time will tell.

filmantopia

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2010
I think the headset will be a much bigger deal than people are expecting. While I agree this particular model will be targeted to developers, Apple’s aim with its introduction will be to captivate the world, and launch a major new platform that the company believes, as Tim Cook has said, will be “bigger than the iPhone”, and will soon cause us to wonder how we ever lived without it. So I don’t actually see this being a slow year for Apple. I think the AR/VR headset is going to create some major hype.

• Disagree
Reactions: twiebnoyagad

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
Apple's upcoming AR device (I'm betting on glasses) will have a ton of potential, for both personal and commercial applications/uses. No doubt VR will come along for the ride, as there is overlap in the tech.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
the apple headset i actually think will be groundbreaking in terms of what it can do and what the future it holds. I also think the ecosystem and services will be massive in making this so good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.