Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Grood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
With aluminium 2G nanos little more than a (sweet) rehash of the mini and the white plastic iMac look a little long in the tooth (IMHO), what's the next big design WOW we can expect from Mr Ive and his team?

Wood? Glass? Kevlar? Plutonium?

Or have we reached the end of the line design wise?

JDN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Lund Sweden {London England}
Keep the aluminium look, or titanium, and then offer free lazer engraving for them. Not just writting but patterns, shapes, all sorts. Fully customize the exterior of your Mac. That would be sweet.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Quilted.

Ive teams up with the Amish folk to come up with a good looking but soft and downy exterior to the new iMac.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Abstract said:
A limited edition leopard skinned MacBook Pro for the release of OSX Leopard. Made of real leopard. "LEPPERD."

To go with the one from 10.3 - The Apple "Sex Panther" PowerMac. It's made from bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

The Grood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
iMeowbot said:

Ooooh! I like ALON. Is it expensive?

Teak might be good. It floats. Needs a little oiling evey now and then, but is otherwise hard wearing and low maintenance.

Not very portable though.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The Grood said:
All I have found for pricing is ~US$10/square inch, but that's for military applications. A notebook case could do without the optical polish and wouldn't need to be so thick, but it should still be exorbitant enough to keep Apple interested.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
iMeowbot said:

Aluminium Oxynitride...

Transparent Aluminium. I'll be buggered... :eek:

Hello computer?
Scotty-talks-to-the-PC.jpg

MisterEd

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2006
The Grood said:

Teak might be good. It floats. Needs a little oiling evey now and then, but is otherwise hard wearing and low maintenance.

Not very portable though.

Hehe I just had an image of oiling my iMac every now and then :D very practical!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.