The Next Great LEGO Collection: Indiana Jones™!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dejo, Jan 9, 2008.

1. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

1. That is awesome. I love all the Star Wars stuff, and I'm stoked to see Indiana Jones sets.
    2. I did some design work with Lego once. Those guys are on the ball and fun to work with.

3. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

4. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

6. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

7. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

My GF buys me LEGO every time she goes to Tesco. It's like the greatest thing ever. Yes, I am 19. :D

8. adrake86 macrumors regular

9. dejo thread starter Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Oh, and do we recognize anything from a different Lucas universe in the graphic hanging above the ark? :D

[​IMG]

10. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Now that's just too cool. My son is another year or two away from being old enough for this kind of LEGO. Can't wait...

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Same. Too many things to do. I would feel the same way while assembling LEGOs, or wasting all my time posting on the internet.

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

13. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

14. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Question. What to do with them after they are constructed. My son has so many lego star wars items that it is beginning to clutter. The simple ones you can break down - others like a star destroyer become very complicated without the little numbered bags. Thoughts on what to do afterwards? My problem is that they are too fragile for a kid to play with without falling apart - perhaps some krazy glue...hmmm;)

15. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

not possible!

16. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

You would be surprised about how relaxing assembling LEGO is. I spent a great evening with the Millennium Falcon, and I am 27 now. :p

17. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

It's the game of it I'm looking forward to... (Yes, there is going to be a LEGO Indiana Jones video game)

18. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Wow, these are awesome. I have a Lego X-Wing standing around I just had to buy. I often build my own Lego Star Wars stuff when I was 6-10 years old, and when I saw it I thought "damn why didn't they have this when I was a kid". :)

Btw, I once made a set of Lego icons for OS X, here is a link if anyone is interested: http://www.nbfactory.cc/illustration/
    Just scroll down a little. I have made them very reduced so they work in small sizes, and each of my hard drives is a different colored Lego brick.

19. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

All hail R2-D2 and C-3PO!

~Crawn

20. pdjudd macrumors 601

Looks nice. Too bad they probably won't make a Game Cube version since I don't own and cannot afford a new system.

21. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

Isn't the point behind LEGOs is to build the thing once and then tear it all apart and use your imagination to make something new?

22. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I agree with the lego that I used when I was a kid - do that with a large set and mix in the general population and you will never be able to rebuild it again...the sets (larger ones) do require the directions and all the parts that sometimes you are like why am I adding all these tiny parts until the step is complete and it all makes sense...mixing the ones and the twos and other parts in general lego population is a kiss goodbye to that death star or star destroyer...

23. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Ah, the great Lego Paradox... When I was a kid it didn't matter. As an adult, the collector's nerd impulse kicked in and I keep the parts for the sets I have in their original boxes.

As for what to do with all the Lego sets once assembled: I think the only rational answer is to dedicate a room in your house completely to the building, storage, and display of Lego sets. I'll get there some day... :p