Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jane.nicole24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I had my macbook air 11.6 inch sitting on my bed and my phone was on the keyboard. well, it fell onto the floor and the phone hit the bottom of the border around the screen and now it is dented. the screen most definitely isn't cracked but exactly half of the screen is discolored and a eighth is whited out. i think that it is the dent causing this because if you lightly press on the border around the screen it becomes discolored. is there a way to just replace the border?

ericDylan

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
There is no way the just replacing the border will fix it? or just a lcd screen?

the LCD screen in pretty much the whole thing. Also, the border is not the problem, the screen is. The only way to replace the screen is to replace the whole top part of the laptop. I think that is around 600, but i might be wrong. It sounds a little high to me, but that is what comes to mind.

anirudh

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2008
India
Unfortunately, in the case of the Airs, the lcd is 'bonded' to the top casing. There is no way of changing JUST the bezel. The whole top needs to be replaced which turns out to be quite expensive. I take it you havent opted for any insurance due to accidental damage? If not, then theres no other option than ponying up the ridiculous amount of money to get the whole top replaced. Of course, theres a slight chance that the Apple store genius is in a generous mood and offers to do it grátis :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.