Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As of today, Twitter is introducing a new option that will allow iOS users to easily view their tweets in a chronological order, a feature Twitter users have wanted for quite some time.

The chronological feed option can be accessed by tapping on a sparkle-shaped icon at the top right of the Twitter app, which changes the view between latest tweets and the current top tweets option.

twittertoptweets.jpg

Twitter originally used a reverse chronological feed, showing the newest tweets at the top of the app before switching to a timeline that places a selection of top tweets first.

It's been years since Twitter switched to the top tweets timeline style, and many Twitter users have missed being able to view content chronologically.

New on iOS! Starting today, you can tap ✨ to switch between the latest and top Tweets in your timeline. Coming soon to Android. pic.twitter.com/6B9OQG391S - Twitter (@Twitter) December 18, 2018

Twitter in September introduced an option to turn off the "Show the best Tweets first" feature, but today's new toggle goes further and makes it easier to get a chronological timeline view.

Twitter says the chronological feed toggle is available on iOS today and will roll out to the web and Android devices soon.

Article Link: Twitter Adds Option for Viewing Your Timeline Chronologically

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Yep... just like every other app... Every complaint I hear about Twitter, what I say is: 'Wut? Why are you using the native app?!'

Promoted this, no chrono that, good grief.

Tweetbot still tons better.

Bampf

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2018
I'm not sure this new button is any different from:
1. Tap on your profile icon
2. Choose: Settings and privacy
3. Choose: Content preferences
4. Disable "Show the best Tweets first"
I think this new feature is just a shortcut they added because the other option was hard to find.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Gods...no wonder I keep using Tweetbot.

TweetBot is so awesome. Been using it since it launched. I kinda miss some of the sounds/gestures of the original versions though.
[doublepost=1545155886][/doublepost]
1. Create killer product.
2. Kill off feature.
3. Add feature back.
4. Profit

Isn’t it crazy how companies do this? It’s smart, but kinda shameful Lol.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

Gsmaniac

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2014
I’ve had this feature for about a week. Annoyingly you have to turn it on every day as it resets back to default of top tweets first.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm not sure this new button is any different from:
1. Tap on your profile icon
2. Choose: Settings and privacy
3. Choose: Content preferences
4. Disable "Show the best Tweets first"
I think this new feature is just a shortcut they added because the other option was hard to find.

That. I've had a chronological timeline for a while now. However the above option was broken for a looooong time and didn't show a chronological timeline either on or off for years.

I'm glad they finally fixed it.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
Twitter is introducing a new option that will allow iOS users to easily view their tweets in a chronological order, a feature Twitter users have wanted for quite some time.

"new option" this is Twitter as I've always known it but I stopped using twitter in 2013.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Now if only they didn’t effectively kill Tweetbot.
The day they kill off one too many Tweetbot features is the day I quit using Twitter. I've tweeted them multiple times. "You aren't pushing me to using your apps, you're pushing me away from your service all together."

I. Will. Not. Use. Their. App.

I wish they'd just accept that and quit trying to cripple the apps people actually want to use.

chainmailr

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2018
California, USA
The year is 2018. We have "chronological timeline" and "play YouTube music in the background" as the groundbreaking features in tech. :p
[doublepost=1545207821][/doublepost]
Your turn Instagram.

I don’t care about posts from 2 days ago
I also don't care about comments on my photos from people who aren't my friends.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.