Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thinkadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Canada
Heres a little annoying thing I found on twitter for iPhone since the 7.1 update.

Usually, when I open twitter the timeline is where I last left it. ex) tweet from 5hrs ago. then I refresh and it jumps to the top or newest.

Now...when I refresh, it goes up to tweets from 3 hrs ago, then refresh again 2 hrs ago...so on.
It takes a few refresh/updates to get to current.

Anyone notice this? Its annoying as I check twitter early in the am, and then again after work on my phone and have basically go through the whole days timeline.

thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps something Twitter changed? Have you tried exiting the app, perhaps signing out and back in, if not uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if that makes any difference?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Heres a little annoying thing I found on twitter for iPhone since the 7.1 update.

Usually, when I open twitter the timeline is where I last left it. ex) tweet from 5hrs ago. then I refresh and it jumps to the top or newest.

Now...when I refresh, it goes up to tweets from 3 hrs ago, then refresh again 2 hrs ago...so on.
It takes a few refresh/updates to get to current.

Anyone notice this? Its annoying as I check twitter early in the am, and then again after work on my phone and have basically go through the whole days timeline.

thanks

It does that to me.

It must be a twitter issue.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
that sucks, but as the post above me states, you're really missing out by not having tweetbot. one of the strongest reasons to stay with iOS IMO.

chirop

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2013
Twitter is even refusing to update here pretty weird if you ask me.
Must be something on twitters end,

7.0.6 btw

skynettse

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2014
yep, got the same. pretty annoying really. never use to do which makes it even more annoying.

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
that sucks, but as the post above me states, you're really missing out by not having tweetbot. one of the strongest reasons to stay with iOS IMO.

Does Tweetbot (3) give the option to see how many (and who) retweeted one of your own tweets? And do you get notifications when getting new followers? I used the old version way back, and it didn't have these functions which is why I've hold on to my money and not buy the new version of it.

thinkadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Canada
Once on the subject. I'll tell you the worse part of twitter for iPhone.
If you browse your timeline quickly you can find yourself suddenly reading old tweets from hours ago because you skip right over the "load more tweets" button.
That button should really be darker so you can see it. Or at least make it configurable to load last 300 tweets. Etc.

ajay96

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
New York, NY
Tweetbot working briliant.

Only main reason I don't use tweetbot much is it's much easier to find someone you follow in the twitter for iPhone app. The search in tweetbot shows all people with the name while the original app shows the ones you follow first

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.