Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Lex404

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US)
Didn't Apple run out of the 15PM due to demand ?

I heard on the radio that the 15PM are backordered and that only certain base storage colors were still available ?
Blue ones were available everywhere all day. I even got a natural one but had to cancel 2 mins later cos I used the wrong card.

When I tried to order again, it was already down. Everything in less than 5 mins.
So I ordered the normal pro in the end😂

It’s clear that people ordered duplicates, and some websites and scripts tried to scrap the inventory status for 15 PM thousands of time per second (I had distill for 20 stores at every 30 seconds to alert me where and when 512 Natural appears in stock 😂). So they lock it down.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I got the very first iPhone - I think I still have it somewhere but it's not worth anything because it's beat to hell but I stopped upgrading every year after the 11. But that was my first smart phone and I have never used any other brand.
So I found my first iPhone. It is funny to hold now - it was so small. What a game changer that phone was

Attachments

• IMG_5528.jpeg
    IMG_5528.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 80

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
are all track-by-reference coming up on UPS? Or anyone (USA) seeing FedEx?
This is the first time I've made it to Monday (China time) without track-by-reference showing movement.

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
Yes, I have it. Using it right now on my iPad Air 4th gen (and plan to add in the iPhone 15). If you plug in both your devices together with this Anker 67 watt charger, you'll get very slow charging on your Macbook (which I believe can handle at least 45 watts), as 65 watts on the Anker (it is 65 with 2 devices plugged in) will be divided amongst the 2 ports -- and you'll have no headroom. You are better off getting this 100 watt Anker, if you want to charge both your MacBook and phone at the same time:

It will be safe either way. But with a Macbook and another device, I think you want, at minimum, a 100 watt charger, like the one I linked.
Also make sure you have a high speed cable. Always surprised when people are using older cables which are usually slower. I think most on this board however would know this.

Another nice thing about the 65W is that it works well on airplanes which are usually limited to 75W per row. As long as no one else plug in on your row. If they do, it trips the circuit and you will stop charging.

Big fan of this one... I also have the 100W

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Also wanted to add that the $23.20 above is charged on my Apple card now before I sent the trade-in back and I looked last year and I was charged sales tax of $24.54 on 9/8 when I preordered the 14PM with trading the 13PM.
Same here. I was only charged sales tax for the amount after the trade in was applied. Obviously, there won’t be a sales tax refund on the trade in, as it was already applied in advance. NYC sales tax on the 256GB Pro Max is around $106. I was charged $55.82, since trading in a 14 Pro lowered the price by $570.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
are all track-by-reference coming up on UPS? Or anyone (USA) seeing FedEx?
This is the first time I've made it to Monday (China time) without track-by-reference showing movement.
Most will originate from China via UPS but there might some that are in country.

Last year, my 14+ was already in country and delivery updated day ahead of launch via FEDEX.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I just traded in my car last May. I’ll have to take a look and see if there was a sales tax refund on the dealership paperwork. As far as Apple goes, below is a screen cap from my 11 Pro trade in invoice back in 2021. The sales tax balance was definitely refunded. View attachment 2266568
I'm not doubting your experience - I'm just saying it's different state to state. I can see your tax rate is 8.88% which is not California (I'm at 9.5% Here)...I think you're in NY, and if so, your state just may have different rules on that.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I just traded in my car last May. I’ll have to take a look and see if there was a sales tax refund on the dealership paperwork. As far as Apple goes, below is a screen cap from my 11 Pro trade in invoice back in 2021. The sales tax balance was definitely refunded. View attachment 2266568
A quick clarification - I initially purchased the 13 Pro outright, paying full sales tax. The reason for the sales tax refund on the trade in is because the purchase price was lowered by the amount of the trade in value ($450), which means I was only on the hook for the tax on the final purchase price.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I'm not doubting your experience - I'm just saying it's different state to state. I can see your tax rate is 8.88% which is not California (I'm at 9.5% Here)...I think you're in NY, and if so, your state just may have different rules on that.
Correct, I’m in NYC. See the post above for the reason for the tax refund.

Reactions: julit0

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Yes some states outside CA will refund sales tax - especially on vehicles if you buy another.

CA does not have that benefit - sales tax you more than once is allowed - especially for cars that are resold.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
It had a hard drive and it was only good in Wi-Fi.
the iPhone has never had a hard drive. it has always been solid state.

The Edge network was painfully slow.

I remember trying to show off to my brother and his friends that I could order a pizza online from my iPhone. He didn’t have WiFi at the time and so I had to rely on the Edge network for it. It took at least 15 mins just to complete the order online. Would have been faster to have just called it in 😆

Shortly after then was when Apple dropped the price and us early adopters got a $100 credit on our accounts. I ended up using that to purchase my son an iPod.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Was your 14+ via a Cellular Carrier and NOT through Apple? Most Apple iPhone Orders do go via UPS. The watches sometimes come via FedEx. I try to stay away from absolutes myself.
Yes, the 14+ order was a T Mobile carrier purchase.

Tracking updated the day before launch day and was sent via FedEx ground from Fontana, CA near me and showed up the next day on launch day....

And this year I am not getting an iPhone 15.

Apple Watch 9 yes - this the year to upgrade my S7 and it's coming via FedEx.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Also make sure you have a high speed cable. Always surprised when people are using older cables which are usually slower. I think most on this board however would know this.

Another nice thing about the 65W is that it works well on airplanes which are usually limited to 75W per row. As long as no one else plug in on your row. If they do, it trips the circuit and you will stop charging.

Big fan of this one... I also have the 100W

Nice. What high speed cables would you recommend that you have?

white_horse

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
Maryland
Ugh. Husbands order was sitting waiting for updated payment information because Apple rejected their own branded card. Luckily I went to check when I didn’t see the charge on the card for his, only mine. (Obviously he’s not keeping an eye on the status of his order.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.