Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mukeshjaipur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
How do i know that my iphone 5 is factory unlocked and hence will not have issues while updating the software to ios-8?

mukeshjaipur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Surprise to know that no one knows to check the genuineness of the ios. I do not want to upgrade to ios8 unless i know this.

mukeshjaipur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Should be fine go for it

I tried once for my 3GS and it never boot up again. I had to connect to itunes to resume to earlier version however thereafter it started creating issues and i have to pay to upgrade from ios 5 to 6.

I dont know if this was a regular occurrence or once in a while or there was another issue..

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I tried once for my 3GS and it never boot up again. I had to connect to itunes to resume to earlier version however thereafter it started creating issues and i have to pay to upgrade from ios 5 to 6.

I dont know if this was a regular occurrence or once in a while or there was another issue..

That's not normal. Just backup to iCloud make sure your on wifi and the update should work with no problems.

XT550

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
If you did the update through Wi-Fi you should now use the iTunes to do a clean restore of your phone. Your battery should return to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.