Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mihike

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2016
I'm baffled by the antagonism towards a simple, cheap app by some of the folks here, and the insistence that this isn't usable for anyone. So in case anyone was interested in how it actually works, just gave it a try, here's what I found spot checking a few sites on a 45mm S7. For reference, I'm old enough that I ideally would use mild reading glasses, but can generally get away without them for reading on my phone.
- Many news sites show up surprisingly well. CNN, ABC are quite usable for checking the headlines or reading articles. Macrumors was quite readable.
- Some news sites are mixed. BBC and New York Times have smaller print for some headlines and weren't worth trying to navigate.
- Wikipedia doesn't work right, all the text uses only ~60% of the screen width, as a result it's too small to read.
- Makes an annoying ding every time you go to a site, and I couldn't see a setting to turn that off.
- After about 10 minutes of browsing with a fully charged battery, my watch still showed it was fully charged.

For 99 cents, this is great. Would love to have a back button, and no dinging noise. And seems like obvious content Apple should have included. Maybe on a smaller screen it would be less readable, but I'm quite happy with it for the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.