Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Thought this would be handy for those of you who don't know which one to go for.

Last edited:

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Is that Craig Ferguson doing the video? If so, I wanna see Geoff!

fel10

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
Where is that info?

a49c3d2a.jpg

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
That boot up was really long. Have you tried it again and gotten the same results?

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Every thread I read about the ipad 3 I feel better about buying an iPad 2 last week... For $100 less... Yessss!!!!. Its so smooth!!!

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Every thread I read about the ipad 3 I feel better about buying an iPad 2 last week... For $100 less... Yessss!!!!. Its so smooth!!!

Just don't ever look at an iPad 3 screen and you will be happy.

SoonerFan303

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Hahahahahahahahaha... Yeah!!!... And the dead pixels too?

What are you talking about. If you were around when the iPad2 was released the same whining occurred. The iPad 3 screen is vastly superior to the iPad2. If you don't mind than enjoy the iPad2, but like the other poster said stay clear of the iPad3. It is like HDTV, once you go high resolution you never go back.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
If you ever do a side by side like I did you won't feel nearly as good about that iPad 2 even with the extra $100 in your pocket. Glad I upgraded with all the reading I do.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Just don't ever look at an iPad 3 screen and you will be happy.

I went to the Apple store and there she was... The new iPad. The screen is very sharp.. Yes. The smaller text in a webpage looks better to read. Even that I didn't had that wow effect. I'll stay with my iPad 2 until the iPad 4 comes out.

Yggbert

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011

Silly to cite that as evidence of the iPad 2 being faster because you can make Geekbench scores fluctuate slightly just by running the tests over and over again. Happens on Macs, happens on tablets.

All it confirms is that yes, it's the same CPU.

Hahahahahahahahaha... Yeah!!!... And the dead pixels too?

I don't have any, I don't even have any backlight bleeding nor is my screen yellow.

You don't have to justify and make up reasons as to why you don't want the new iPad. It's just annoying, stop it. That goes for all of you.

If you are happy with your 2nd gen, that's fine, but you don't need to stoop to that level, bro.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Silly to cite that as evidence of the iPad 2 being faster because you can make Geekbench scores fluctuate slightly just by running the tests over and over again. Happens on Macs, happens on tablets.

All it confirms is that yes, it's the same CPU.

I don't have any, I don't even have any backlight bleeding nor is my screen yellow.

You don't have to justify and make up reasons as to why you don't want the new iPad. It's just annoying, stop it. That goes for all of you.

If you are happy with your 2nd gen, that's fine, but you don't need to stoop to that level, bro.

Hahahaahhaa... Yeah!

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
I would like to see the boot up test perform again with both iPads restored to new. I haven't noticed that the new iPad boots any longer than my iPad 2 did.

Anytime I switch iOS hardware I always set it up as new, because the backup file from the previous device may have some bits left that will degrade performance on the newer version hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.