Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I've just finished work on a update to WatchTo5K that includes the option for a warm-up and cool down walk within the app.

The warmup and cooldown walks are 5 minutes long and will each be stored as individual walking activities in your Apple Fitness workout app.

This update is currently in beta testing and will be due to go live into the store fairly soon. If anyone wants to help beta test this feature let me know.

Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 6 - 44mm - 2020-11-23 at 22.49.45.png

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Only a couple of days ago I was trying to find an app which worked with Apple Watch and I couldn't find one. Really glad I found this thread, bought the app and going to try it tonight.

Reactions: bencallis

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
You should be able to install test flight again on your phone and see the updated app there. When you install the new TestFlight build "over" the existing store version your progress should be kept so you won't loose any trophies!

If anyone else wants an invite to the beta let me know (new people are also welcome)!

Reactions: WhoDatWayne

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
You should be able to install test flight again on your phone and see the updated app there. When you install the new TestFlight build "over" the existing store version your progress should be kept so you won't loose any trophies!

If anyone else wants an invite to the beta let me know (new people are also welcome)!
Thanks Ben! I will give it a try!

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Sorry the beta program is currently not accepting anymore applications. However, the update is in the store and is available for the price of takeaway coffee 2.99

Good luck with the running.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I have just put up an update 2.1 for beta testing. This update includes GPS route recording so you can see the route you took during the run on the health app on your phone.

Existing beta testers please check it out and let me know your thoughts.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Great let me know how you get on.

I have a couple more free slots on the beta program is everyone would like to try the app over the weekend?

klh411

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2021
Just discovered this app which sounds right up my street. Can you confirm if it would work for indoor runs ie on treadmill? And also does it record the run/walk as one workout or would it record the running as one workout and walking as another? Just checking as some of the trophy badges on apple watch only register your workout if its at least 15mins so if its picking up 2 separate workouts, and individually they add up to less then 15mins, it wouldn't count. Not going to stop me using it but my other half was pondering whether to get it.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Just discovered this app which sounds right up my street. Can you confirm if it would work for indoor runs ie on treadmill? And also does it record the run/walk as one workout or would it record the running as one workout and walking as another? Just checking as some of the trophy badges on apple watch only register your workout if its at least 15mins so if its picking up 2 separate workouts, and individually they add up to less then 15mins, it wouldn't count. Not going to stop me using it but my other half was pondering whether to get it.
Yeah the application will work indoor on a treadmill :)

Warmup and cooldown activities are recorded as separate entries as they are unlikely to change as your progress through the program. The actual main program is recorded as one single run workout entry which includes all the run and walk segments.

I hope this helps.

paulcoog

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2021
Great let me know how you get on.

I have a couple more free slots on the beta program is everyone would like to try the app over the weekend?
Hi My wife is just starting her couch to 5k journey - are there any available slots for her to get on the Beta program
She is a complete novice on watch apps and iOS in general so her feedback may be useful to you
To be honest her feedback could also be complete garbage as well !!
She did ask me if their was an app for her watch to help her train - so at least she has a interest in monitoring and maintaining her progress - so hopefully you would get good novice feedback
Thanks

Update/Edit- Checked with the wife - She did not want to report back her thoughts
She liked the app idea as she was doing the NHS one anyway
So I bought it and setting it up for her now
I had not really paid any attention to the price and @ £2.99 it was a no brainer to purchase :)

Cheers

Last edited:

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I've just shipped an update which inlcudes several complications to add to your watch faces. The complications act as a quick link into the app as will as giving you an overview of your progress through the program.

As always let me know if you have any questions.

iamsantino

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2021
@bencallis I purchased and installed your app last week and I am loving it. I know I've just started on the program and have a long way to go but is there any chance you will release another app for the Bridge to 10k program?

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.