Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Watch-focused site WatchAware has seen some major improvements since its launch earlier this year, and its Apple Watch apps section now houses screenshots and details from all 2,143 Apple Watch apps that have been approved by Apple to date.

It's the most comprehensive resource for Apple Watch app discovery, displaying all Apple Watch apps in a grid-like view. App screenshots and videos are positioned on top of Apple Watch casings to give a clear picture of what each app will look like on when it's actually being run on your wrist.

watchawaregrid-800x516.jpg
Apps on the site have varying levels of interactivity. Some apps just cycle through available App Store screenshots, but others include videos or more interactive elements that let you switch between the app itself, Glances, and Notifications, the three types of experiences developers can create on the watch.

WatchAware now organizes available apps into categories to make it easier to find the type of app you want to see, and deeper category lists are going to be implemented later today. A search tool will be added to the site this afternoon, and there are also curated lists that highlight some of the best available apps for the Apple Watch.

Each of WatchAware's Apple Watch listings have detail pages accessible with a click, offering more information on the app and tools for sharing on social networks. In this detail page for the new Apple Watch game Letterpad, for example, it includes screenshots, an app description, a download link, and sharing tools.

detailpagewatchaware-800x388.jpg
It's also possible to embed apps into blog posts with fully customizable options for choosing bands, casing materials, the amount of band shown, and the portion of the app that's displayed first.

embedgenerator.jpg
We're just days away from the 4/24 Apple Watch launch date, which will see the first customers receiving their watches. Checking out WatchAware for a list of available apps could be a useful way to figure out what you might want to download when you have your watch in hand.

Article Link: WatchAware Now Cataloging All 2,143 Approved Apps With Previews, Screenshots

ninjadex

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
Looked interesting, until I scrolled down and saw it's just a rebadged AppAdvice LLC site. I'll pass.

brunosh

macrumors regular
May 14, 2014
Games and apps to watch tiny photos are so stupid, not to mention how they will affect battery life...

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
It's pretty impressive that the Watch isn't even out yet and there are already over 2000 apps optimized for it. This wasn't the case with the iPhone nor the iPad. Smart move on Apple's part; get the eco-system in place early.

Boris-VTR

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
My app got approved this morning :). It was fast, only 3 days for aproval. Maybe because it is free app.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
Where is Things?!

I like Things a lot. They develop on their own schedule though. This Things Cloud Sync took FOREVER to release. When it did, it has never failed me and has been flawless.

I'm looking forward to their app when it is ready :)

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Games and apps to watch tiny photos are so stupid, not to mention how they will affect battery life...

Both developers and users will discover what works best and what doesn't over the next few weeks/months. Users in particular will decide which watch apps are worth using and the watch apps that will only make their eyes and battery suffer.:D

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
It doesn't have all the Watch apps. Some are missing from their site.

(ie, my app: http://fresh-air-app.com)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 162
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.