Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2017
Hi all. I am wondering what people use for wireless mouse? I am looking at the Logitech MX Master 2s and the Logitech M705. They both seem to get good reviews.

Also what are your thoughts on the Magic Mouse 2?

Thanks!

matreya

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Hi all. I am wondering what people use for wireless mouse? I am looking at the Logitech MX Master 2s and the Logitech M705. They both seem to get good reviews.

I have the MX Master 2S and it's my favourite bluetooth mouse to date. I prefer it to apple's magic mouse which I find cramps my hand a fair bit.

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2017
I have the MX Master 2S and it's my favourite bluetooth mouse to date. I prefer it to apple's magic mouse which I find cramps my hand a fair bit.

Do you have any issues with the scroll wheel or connecting via Bluetooth? I like to purchase this mouse but these 2 issues are giving me pause not to. Other than that it seems to be a good mouse.

matreya

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Do you have any issues with the scroll wheel or connecting via Bluetooth? I like to purchase this mouse but these 2 issues are giving me pause not to. Other than that it seems to be a good mouse.

No issues at all with the scroll wheel or connecting via bluetooth.

jlevy73

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2015
MX Master 2 FTW!!! Once you use for a few days, it's impossible to go back. Magic Mouse 2 is piss poor ergonomically in comparison.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
i like apple's magic mouse,i use it very well
I can’t seem to get on with it! Have been using it now for about 2 years and have finally order the Logitech MX Master. I just find the Apple one very ‘un-ergonomic’ - it doesn’t sit in my hand very well, and by far my biggest annoyance is that I’m constantly accidentally horizontally scrolling on things like spreadsheets when I didn’t mean to!

wbynum

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2012
Be sure to do your research on the Logitech MX Master series before purchasing. Whole lot of complaints about it dropping connection, etc. I have the first version for my work Macbook Pro 2016. The mouse is anything but smooth with Bluetooth or with the included usb dongle. Pointer is jumpy, jerky, etc. I would not buy it again for a Mac.

The Magic Mouse 2 is butter smooth but it turns my hand into a dragon claw shape after using it for a while. Basically the epitome of Apple's philosophy of form over function.

Reactions: philosoraptor1

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
HDFan wrote:
"The Logitech software just doesn't see it most of the time. Works fine without it."

Try "SteerMouse". Or... "USB Overdrive".

Reactions: philosoraptor1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.