Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
I can’t recall last years release but doesn’t MR usually throw a countdown up for big events? I was under the assumption that September 8th is when the 12 will be announced.

Unless it’s still all speculation

• Wow
Reactions: jbachandouris

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Kamino
There is a rumor that there will be a press release announcement for the watch tomorrow along with the iPad, and iPhone release to happen next month.

Alright, that makes sense. Read about that (the watch and iPad announcement) but wasn’t sure if the iPhone would be included then released in October like the iPhone X did. Thanks. This is one odd release

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
What I like about this year, everybody’s thrown off. It’s not your ‘normal keynote experience’, especially being that it will be all digital, with staggered launches and then factor in ‘silent updates‘. This is what Apple wants, they don’t want to be predictable with everything, and In a way, I think this is a good thing, as there’s been a lot of disparity between different media sites reporting different dates/times.

Jon.Stewart87

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
United Arab Emirates
What I like about this year, everybody’s thrown off. It’s not your ‘normal keynote experience’, especially being that it will be all digital, with staggered launches and then factor in ‘silent updates‘. This is what Apple wants, they don’t want to be predictable with everything, and In a way, I think this is a good thing, as there’s been a lot of disparity between different media sites reporting different dates/times.

Yeah for sure, making lemonade out of lemons. I totally believe that there are legitimate delays due to COVID but it might work in their favor. I'm just hoping that everybody goes for the 5.4" 12 so I can snap up the 6.1" without a delay :)

Reactions: SisterBlue22

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yeah for sure, making lemonade out of lemons. I totally believe that there are legitimate delays due to COVID but it might work in their favor. I'm just hoping that everybody goes for the 5.4" 12 so I can snap up the 6.1" without a delay :)

Realistically, iPhone launches have been on a decline for years now. Most launch day models have been readily available, it may be pushed out a week or two at the most. And then factor in how the economy has been in quite a few areas, a smart phone is absolutely the last thing somebody will buy. I don’t suspect you’ll be an issue to pre-order the model that you want, as long as you do so in a timely fashion online, with the 5.4 being the first to slip with dates onward.

Reactions: Jon.Stewart87

Jon.Stewart87

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
United Arab Emirates
Realistically, iPhone launches have been on a decline for years now. Most launch day models have been readily available, it may be pushed out a week or two at the most. And then factor in how the economy has been in quite a few areas, a smart phone is absolutely the last thing somebody will buy. I don’t suspect you’ll be an issue to pre-order the model that you want, as long as you do so in a timely fashion online, with the 5.4 being the first to slip with dates onward.

Last iPhone I preordered was the 6s so this is good to hear!

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
I can’t recall last years release but doesn’t MR usually throw a countdown up for big events? I was under the assumption that September 8th is when the 12 will be announced.

Unless it’s still all speculation

Not for another month or so and they won't actually be release for another 2-3 months depending on the model.

• Haha
Reactions: The.Glorious.Son

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Hmmm... From the iPad event:

25EA1C05-DAC4-48F0-B0C2-EB38F45CBC66.jpeg

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
Hmmm... From the iPad event:

View attachment 957319

Doesnt mean anything and Apple doesn't hold release events on a Wednesday. If Apple had an event coming in a week, we would already know about it. Prosser has been right all along. iPhone event isnt happening until Oct 12th with the low end models being released Oct 23rd. Nov for the Pro models, pathetic.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Doesnt mean anything and Apple doesn't hold release events on a Wednesday. If Apple had an event coming in a week, we would already know about it. Prosser has been right all along. iPhone event isnt happening until Oct 15th with the low end models being released Oct 23rd. Nov for the Pro models, pathetic.
Nah. Prosser has been wrong many times now. What's worse though is he constantly makes excuses too.

I don't take much stock on in that screen grab either, but these days I think it's foolish to believe everything Prosser says.

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
Nah. Prosser has been wrong many times now. What's worse though is he constantly makes excuses too.

I don't take much stock on in that screen grab either, but these days I think it's foolish to believe everything Prosser says.

he's been right about everything recently. iPhones aren't coming anytime soon, at least a month before any are released. Two months before you see a Pro model. Apple screwed up.

Samut

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2017
Doesnt mean anything and Apple doesn't hold release events on a Wednesday. If Apple had an event coming in a week, we would already know about it. Prosser has been right all along. iPhone event isnt happening until Oct 12th with the low end models being released Oct 23rd. Nov for the Pro models, pathetic.

They do hold events on Wednesdays.

I suppose one of the reasons they usually hold them at the beginning of the week is the media coverage. Also the early reviews come out at the end of the week.

Reactions: EugW

Obi-WannaDraw

Suspended
Sep 9, 2020
South, East and West of You
Fake news clickbait
Lol! I’ve pretty much seen you on any and every thread about a release date, being butthurt because it hasn’t been released on your schedule. Have you emailed Tim personally yet? I think that should be your next move. Or better yet, switch to Samsung, Huawei, Oppo, or any other brand you think is more reliable than Apple 👍

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.