Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tehStickMan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2018
Australia
I personally think there won't be one, and they will just continue selling the current one into 2020. What do you all think?

It's a shame because I was contemplating getting the 2019.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Good question. Why are they still selling the 2018 iPad anyways?
Price point? I expect the market for an entry level $329 iPad (less with discounts) is bigger than the one for a $499 iPad even if the latter is much nicer.

It's not like the new iPad Air will handle email, online shopping, online banking, Twitter, Facebook, etc. much better than the entry level one.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Apple registered 7 new iPad models in January and only 4 were presented this week. So we know with near certainty more iPads are coming. Typically, the lead time between registration and launch is 3-6 months.

roadkill401

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2015
Tim Cook has got to pay for his vices some how. How can you complain that the cost of your beautiful, inovative, original and totally cutting edge tablet costs so much. You know you have to pay for the R&D somehow...

Oh, yea. everything release is just recycled crap from the last 2-3 years. Nothing new to talk about in inovation. And yea, it is just recycled cases from a model made a few years back for the air. And sure, we used a cheeper camera lense, and old touch ID. and skimped on the ram, offer memory sizes that just don't make sense so we force you to pay even more to get a usable product.. and...

But think about Tim Cook and how he needs the money.

tehStickMan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2018
Australia
Apple registered 7 new iPad models in January and only 4 were presented this week. So we know with near certainty more iPads are coming. Typically, the lead time between registration and launch is 3-6 months.
You really think we will see 3 more new iPads? Unless they update the 11 and 12 Pros with something new after a couple months, plus refresh iPad 2018.. .all within the next month.... I'm feeling it's not the likeliest option.

Reactions: sakurarain

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
You really think we will see 3 more new iPads? Unless they update the 11 and 12 Pros with something new after a couple months, plus refresh iPad 2018.. .all within the next month.... I'm feeling it's not the likeliest option.

We'll see an update to the $329 model soon. Each iPad has 2 model numbers, one for WiFi and one for LTE. So 3 model numbers means 1 iPad. The third one is possibly a special 4G variant for China.

iOS 13 is supposed to include big updates for iPad. I doubt Apple will introduce iOS 13 at WWDC without the appropriate mainstream hardware.

Reactions: tehStickMan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.