Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jps99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Virginia
I just bought my first mac (12" powerbook) and would like to find a calendar I can use with it, my bluetooth phone, and the pc I use at work. Anyone have any suggestions? If I buy .mac, can I put up a webpage that I can access from both my mac and pc, and synch them? Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I don't know about your PC, but if it supports ics or vcs file format then iCal, which comes with all Macs should be just fine (with .mac).

I use iSync and my Bluetooth dongle to sync bot calendar data from iCal and addresses from Address Book to my Sony Ericsson T68i. Works like a charm... ;)

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
I like iCal but there is also Entourage (bundled with Microsoft Office), which might be easier to sync with your PC. As for sharing over the internet, .mac makes it very easy, but there are cheaper alternatives such as iCalShare, iWebCal, iCalHosting, iCalExchange...you get the idea! How they compare to .mac I'm afraid I can't say.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I use iCal to sync my contacts and calendar with my bluetooth phone and with my iPod. I love it. Works perfectly.

Funny, too, cause original I went through 3 different usb bluetooth adapters for my pc to work with my phone.... then I realized "stupid, you have a mac."
I still can't believe how great it works.

jps99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Virginia
Thanks for the advice... but...

I've heard nothing but great things about ical. But I'm unclear as to whether or not I can access ical from a pc. I feel like I'm overlooking something very simple here. Right now I use my yahoo calendar and can access it from any computer. Will I be able to do the same with ical? Thanks again for all the advice - I really appreciate it.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
You'll be able to access your iCal calendars from your PC if you upload it somewhere, either by getting a .Mac subscription or through one of the sites I listed above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.