Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
If you're just collecting, and don't plan to actually turn them on, start with a Macintosh 128k or an Apple I. Otherwise go with an SE/30.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Buy from me?

I have a bunch of old macs.

Mac Classic, I have 2 6116CDs, a few old monitors, a few old PowerMacs like 7300/90, and i have an Apple IIsi

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
it depends on how much you wanna spend. f money's not an issue, i'd say get a lisa I. they're reallly nice machines. occasionally you can find one on ebay, but in nice condition they usually go for about 6 or $7,000. :)

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
Originally posted by GeeYouEye
If you're just collecting, and don't plan to actually turn them on, start with a Macintosh 128k or an Apple I. Otherwise go with an SE/30.

I don't even want to think what an apple 1 would cost. there were only a few hundred or a few thousand ever made. I know one just sold for some obscene amount of money. even a 128k is pretty expensive, but a very nice collector piece. Personally, I'd love to have a Lisa, the first commercially sold machine with a GUI (that I know of anyway).

Groovsonic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2002
Near Chicago, Illinois
Well, I was thinking I would probaly enjoy playing around with it. I have never really used anything but OSX, so I thought it might be fun to get like an old Classic or Color Classic, and get some old software and fool around. It would be like an old car or typewriter or something like that...It works and you can use it, but not for everyday, just for fun.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Yeah

Thats what I have mine for. It had been in my dads office doing nothing for a few years so I took it home. I started it up and there were like a few games, wordprocessing, and even KidPix!

But I dont really use it anymore, so if you would like it, I would make a deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.