Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SLCentral

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
Princeton, NJ/Ithaca, NY
I've got myself a latest revision 15" Powerbook, and today, I noticed that a definite white spot has developed on my LCD on the left center. I know these were common two revisions ago, but is it possible for it to happen with mine, or am I going crazy? When I set my background to a light grey solid color, it is even more visible. I'm afraid it's going to get worse or spread. Any tips?

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Bring it back to the Apple store near you and raise hell. Seriously, even if its not your style. You paid A LOT for this machine and its crazy to think that you should have to deal with a defective product. Apple promised you a working, brand new laptop for X number of dollars, and they didn't do that.

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Ooooh! I have the same thing (on my iBook...) and I've never heard of anyone else having that problem. What causes it?

I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but my interest has been piqued. ;)

Super20

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2004
Council Bluffs, IA
ppc_michael said:
Ooooh! I have the same thing (on my iBook...) and I've never heard of anyone else having that problem. What causes it?

I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but my interest has been piqued. ;)

I took my 15" Powerbook 1.5mhz into an Apple store for a different problem and just mentioned the very tiny white spot on my screen. They told me no problem. I just haven't worked up the nerve to be without it for a few days while it gets fixed.

SLCentral

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
Princeton, NJ/Ithaca, NY
Jay42 said:
Bring it back to the Apple store near you and raise hell. Seriously, even if its not your style. You paid A LOT for this machine and its crazy to think that you should have to deal with a defective product. Apple promised you a working, brand new laptop for X number of dollars, and they didn't do that.

Thanks for the advice man, this is what I was thinking. Does anyone know if they can fix the LCD in just a few hours, or is this a job that takes days? I can't imagine being without my PB for a extended period of time...

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
it sucks, i know. its not like you did anything wrong to be without your computer for so long. ask them if there is anything that can be done. they are responsible for (assuming your profession is in computers) loss of money due to the lack of computer use. i wonder what they would do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.