Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How do you feel about 3D Touch?

• I've disabled it but miss it already. Having second thoughts.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I've disabled it and couldn't care less about it.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • I never used it anyway.

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • I never knew it even existed.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • It's the most useful feature Apple has ever created.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • Apple will regret their decision to remove it.

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Apple will remove it but will realize their mistake and bring it back.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I care more about James Charles than 3D Touch.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I use 3D Touch all the time and will not disable it on current or future iPhones.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I love 3D Touch so much that I will never upgrade my current iPhone or iOS.

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I’d rather use it on my iPhone as long as possible. I just hope the haptic touch alternative has all the options of 3DTouch and isn’t the watered version we see on the XR. It needs to improve and it should be a smooth transition.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I'm going to miss it. I hope Apple makes Haptic Touch entirely as capable as 3D Touch so we won't lose too much.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've always found 3D Touch useless and annoying. 90% of the time, it never even worked for me due to finger's micro-slippage and not registering as a result.

I've disabled it to kill the habit early. How about you? Have you disabled it?

Cast your vote on how you feel about its removal.

Sorry I find THIS as THE most useful UI touches in IOS.

So let me guess:

You dislike Peek&POP ... but you get a form of it in the new springboard on the iPhone X/XS/XS Max/XR and love that there don't ya?
- you STILL pop your finger in a SMS, Email, Website entry URL, Note, Document etc and they touch and HOLD to get the ridiculous Magnifying Glass to find out where EXACTLY to drop the cursor?! 3DTouch makes this USEFUL and CRITICAL for WatchOS ... without it yea the crown is far too basic and useless when correcting voice to text before sending.
- I also preview websites BEFORE opening them - you just never know what's behind
[doublepost=1559080589][/doublepost]
I’m just perplexed that anyone would be so phone obsessed that they would disable a usable feature so-as to “prepare” for it’s rumored obsolescence :confused:

i know right? based off of a RUMOR
[doublepost=1559080648][/doublepost]
iOS 13 fully supports 3D Touch

maybe for current devices the haptic touch would just drain battery more? Sorry I'm not found of a vibrator.
[doublepost=1559080700][/doublepost]
I use 3DT fairly consistently. That's one option that is missing on the poll. If Apple can replace the functionality with equivalent functionality (haptic touch), more power to them. However, I am so programmed to pressing on the screen for alternative actions.
[doublepost=1559005328][/doublepost]
I use my wifes XR and it drives me crazy that on that phone there is no 3DT. Whether it's called a budget phone, budget flagship or what, 3DT is useful enough, to me, I miss it when I can't use it.

Yeah haptic touch does NOT work for the keyboard for editing texts on Xr.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
This thread makes no sense. Why would you disable a feature to prepare for the rumored removal of said feature in a phone that isn't even releasing for 6 months? It's like saying you're going to put gum in the headphone jack of your 6S to prepare for it's imminent removal in the 7.. :rolleyes:

If you disabled it because it didn't work for you and you found it annoying, that's a totally normal and logical approach. The question posed in this thread makes you (the OP) sound insane.

Reactions: Tsepz

ajguckian

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Hudson Valley
Lordy, we do some dumb things in the name of rumors sometimes. Not sure why anyone would actively go about "downgrading" their phone, even if it's not something you use often, or at all. I'm pretty sure we'll get a better idea of what may happen hardware wise in regards to this with WWDC coming up and the new iOS beta's to follow.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
This thread is really very dramatic and has no real reason to exist. If you want to have a poll then add an option that says "I use 3D Touch and will not disable it on my current iPhone".
Why would someone disable an existing feature of his/her current phone, just based on a rumour which might also prove to be not true? I just don't get this kind of logic, but ok, it must be me

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Just kept accidentally activating it when trying to open an app. Found it annoying and disabled it.
Just tapping an App shouldn’t activate 3D Touch. Unless you have a Screen protector or screen issue that’s requiring you to hold the tap due to it not registering straight away, as it should.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just kept accidentally activating it when trying to open an app. Found it annoying and disabled it.

You literally have to be pressing _hard_ enough to invoke 3D Touch to provide you options. So my best advice, [which is completely obvious], stop pressing so hard on the display. I think you’re making it kind of difficult based off your own interaction with the display.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
I can't do anything about it if Apple decides to remove it in future phones, but in the meantime, I use it from time to time, so why would I deprive myself of a feature that I use?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
additional responses have been added to the poll in order to cater to 3D Touch lovers.

I’d say the majority aren’t voting in your poll (At least based off percentages). Probably because they don’t agree with your assertions about 3D Touch in your opening post. Oh, and not to mention iOS 13 supports 3D Touch.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.