Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
IOS may dominate the Apple product line for the majority of consumers, though a specialized group will run different types computing systems.

I’ve been very satisfied running Linux on Lenovo for ten years, though presently I only use it in a limited way. The IOS devices account for 90% of my computer use, because of the efficiency of the form factor and its stability.

Absent macOS, my iPad and iPhone have little appeal to me. Their main benefit is in the iCloud integration with my real machines. If I have to jump ship to Linux I’ll move to an android phone and no tablet at all.

Mahasamatman

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2017
I consider that way of thinking a disorganized mess, "Yeah, I don’t have to worry about cleaning up. I like how it’s just a jumbo mess."

Photos - It’s not just about slight modifications. Just trying to organize/categorize photos shouldn’t be difficult or completely impossible. If you want to search for a specific photo or better yet if you want to rearrange the order of your library, it’s impossible with the existing default photo app. Let’s say, you attend a concert or sporting event. You take 25 photos each. A year later you attend a different concert and another sporting event, you snap another 35 photos. In between that span of time, you’ve got other miscellaneous photos in between your first set of concert/sporting event photos and your current set. There’s no way to group them together because, yes, it’s an oversight. Don’t use my one example to determine if it’s needed. Think about the possibilities if we can organize and rename photos.
Have you not tried creating Albums and adding your photos to those? That would put all 60 of your concert shots in one view with no others miscellaneous shots in between.

As a DAM, Photos lacks a lot but albums can be created and I’m surprised you missed that?

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
After the hassle I’ve had with macs crappy hardware and the bugginess of is x I’m more than happy to go ios

No moving parts , no fans , no spinning hard disks and a stable ultra simple os that doesn’t require unix commands etc

No wonder Apple don’t care about macs anymore , me neither

rojo99

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
Canada
Steve Jobs have said it best, using the car vs truck analogy. There are functions where you need a truck (PC), but for most people, a small car (iPad) fulfills their daily needs just fine.

Short and to the point. Couldn’t have said it better myself. Unfortunately there are a few individuals that are somewhat sensitive and/or narrow minded regarding such subjects. Without a doubt the function determines the most appropriate device.

Ps: writing this on my iPhone when I could have just as easily replied on my iPad or MacBook.

DaniJoy

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2015
California
That's always been Apple's line (the "gorilla arms" syndrome) - and I agree to a point - but its a separate issue from the relative priorities of Mac and iOS development. Also, it suggests Apple isn't thinking beyond the "slap a touch screen on a Macbook" idea of a "hybrid".

The MS Surface, Surface Book and Surface studio are interesting ideas - the Surface seems to have shown a measure of success, the other two are a bit hard to judge because the Studio is eye-wateringly expensive for what you get power-wise and the Surface book has been beset with technical problems (I had a Surface book for a month, and liked it until it got to the point that you couldn't detach the tablet without the system locking up...). If anybody could persuade their developers to produce "dual identity" Apps with seamless switching desktop and tablet mode interfaces , its Apple.

Last I looked, schools (for example) were showing a lot of interest in Chromebooks rather than iPads (may have been what prompted the latest education event).

Except Tim Cook's words in 2015 were: "I think if you're looking at a PC, why would you buy a PC anymore? No really, why would you buy one?" ...he went on to elaborate a bit, but those were the headline words that really sparked this debate.

I think its a no-brainer that people who rely on Wacom tablets for their day-to-day work are going to be at the front of the queue when it comes to switching to iPad+Pencil. (ISTR someone else in this thread mentioned music notation?) However, there are others for whom the idea of a tablet (with a $100 stylus) is equally impractical.

Like text editing. I often browse MacRumors on my iPad, but if I want to post something I switch to the Mac, because otherwise trying to compose anything longer than a tweet risks shouted profanities and a ballistic iPad... and when I put my iPad in a keyboard case I found that it destroyed the portability and ease of hand-held use.

yeah, i tried the switch to ipad but it just does not have the performance or software for my illustration work. i do envy artists who can do all their work on a ipad. but its such a tiny niche, only comics , and some concept art (but really most of this is 3d- and the ipad cant do this either), or a companion device for sketching for fine artists. which is very few jobs. probably only a few hundred world wide. the rest of the commercial art would still needs desktop software. Thank fully windows tablets rule the commercial art world now, otherwise we would be stuck carrying around multiple devices using poor form factor devices.
[doublepost=1525819806][/doublepost]
If they work for you without a keyboard, great but to me Windows useability without a keyboard took a major nose dive with Windows 10. For all of the issues Windows 8 had, it was much better as a touch device (understanding that it was terrible to use with a mouse/keyboard).

I really wish MS would overhaul the UI for “tablet mode” and make it touch friendly again.
[doublepost=1524349798][/doublepost]

Agreed. Foldable are a non-starter for me.

well, my HP zbook x2 has a keyboard that you can detach when in drafting mode. my mobile studio pro i use the express keys and the virtual menus you can program, so its really easy to use photoshop or any other software without a keyboard.

NOt sure what issues you have with windows 10 and touch. it works great for me. tablet mode and the gestures work really well. not quite as smooth as my ipad pro, but its so much more powerful and capable.

i would use Osx if it had touch gestures. its really hard to go back to using a computer without touch once try it.
[doublepost=1525821442][/doublepost]Just picked up a HP Zbook x2. it has a quad core i7, 32gb ram and its a hybrid tablet. it has a keyboard, it looks like a laptop, but the keyboad detaches and can be put to the side and used when tablet is in drawing mode. the tablet has a kickstand built in. it comes with the best pen tech, wacom EMR. no charging, it has etched glass, the tablet has express keys, and virtual menus you can program if you want to use the tablet PC without the keyboard. its a bit more than an ipad, but if you factor in most need a ipad AND laptop, you see its FAR cheaper in the long run. I literally got this machine for less than the cost of a new macbook pro. Its built like a tank, the keyboard feels great, and the track pad is top notch. My one complaint :It does lack lap-ablility a little bit, but who wants to radiate their balls anyway?

So i can code back end and front end websites, work with python scripting for my AI research, then switch to drafting mode to do graphic design/drawing/painting on the worlds most powerful softare- all while at a coffee shop! All with zero compromises on performance or form factor. the zbook is the future of computing, IMO. this is what innovation looks like to me.

I think apple is in trouble. sure there are people who are too entrenched in the ecosystem to switch to better hardware and form factor, but all the creatives i know are leaving apple in droves due to the segregation of iOS and oSX. I loved apple when i was in school, its very stable and has less glitches, but i dont want to have to carry around multiple devices, and rely on software hacks like astropad to get a sub par drawing and painting experience on desktop software. windows tablets keep getting better and better- and macbooks get worse and worse.

My poor little ipad pro is now just a content consumption machine with good battery life. Thats the only thing its good at for me. the first gen apple pencil is so offensive that i dont even like drawing on it any more. what happened here? why is apple abandoning pro creative artists and going for consumers and hobby artists? I dont understand why they cant make both devices? An ipad for people with simple workflows and a osx tablet for power users who need the best form factor and tech. THey could still even sell laptops for those who like that form factor.

Im super bummed i can buy ONE apple computer that fits my needs. i really like macs, but they are just so far behind now. you get cheaper computer, better form factors, better pen, better hardware on the PC now. I never thought i would see this day.......

rojo99

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
Canada
It’s not your call to say what people should or should not do or say, and you don’t get decide for other people what the best tool for the job is.

First of all, it is simply negative for you to berate the OP. Take into consideration that the OP’s primary language is probably not English but he gets the general point across in his post.

Also, it is quite clear that you have missed much of what the OP said, and unfortunately it is very clear that you are taking those remarks personally, which is unwise. The OP specifically stated “if iPad works for them, then good for them.” I did not interpret any of the OP’s post as stating you should do this or that. I am quite confident that an iPad could never do what a MacBook Pro is capable of. Just like when you go into Apple or other computer stores to purchase a device, the usual question is “what are you going to use it for?” What is typically purchased by the customer is usually based upon their needs. If you’re going to use it just basically for email and browse the web, I would suggest an iPad Pro.

For example, how is an iPad going to be able to run VMfusion? I have used it for years to provide a hypervisor to handle running Windows so I can log into the work Intranet using an employer supported VPN, then access the mainframe environment or use RDP if I want to take control of my work desktop. I also use it for building Linux golden images for subsequent testing. That doesn’t even cover the gamut of required functions such as the entire Office suite, offering functionality that the iPad simply cannot provide. The needs determine the required product.

Just look at a classroom on a college or university campus and you will see very few iPads, but the majority of students are using a MacBook in class. And this is the generation of the future, not the past. One of the advances from iPads to MacBooks has been the implementation of SSD’s, but that is more an advancement of storage technology.

As well, there are many other high end applications which require significant horse power to function properly which an iPad is totally incapable of handling. You won’t find iPads replacing office environments either....not now, not even in the future. There is simply too much specialized software from ISV’s with clients built for the Windows environments, not iPads or MacBooks. Most, if not all office environments use Windows with few even considering Apple products for the future. I would think any suggested replacement into the office just isn’t there. Plus, unfortunately Apple's standards have only been going downhill since Steve Jobs passed away. Then there are gamers which require high end performance not only for program execution but also high end GPU’s.

What I am saying just as the OP mentioned that if the iPad works for them, then good for them. However, in almost every case a person should treat an iPad as an iPad, not a replacement of a PC. Depending upon your requirements, I and most would suggest use the iPad as an iPad and use the MacBook as a MacBook. They are both portable devices so that should not be the issue. Just because iPad works for some doesn’t mean it is a full PC replacement. Lots of people are injecting the idea of the iPad being the future and the MacBook is doomed. As well, statements such as iPads works better than PC or PC works better than iPad is totally valid. It simply depends upon the user requirements. They are totally separate devices which provide totally different user functionality. Neither is a replacement of the other.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Apple obviously see’s the iPad Pro as a replacement for some laptops, not everyone needs the power of a laptop or conventional computer like a desktop.

What I wonder about is the iPad Pro enough to keep hybrid devices like the Surface Pro and the Surface Book at bay? at the moment iPad sales seem to be out doing them BUT will the Surface range get more and more popular over time and if so what will Apple’s answer be?

It’s a difficult one because until recently I firmly believed that there was no need for Surface type devices, but I can now see where being able to replace both a laptop and a tablet with one device is much more convenient.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
First of all, it is simply negative for you to berate the OP. Take into consideration that the OP’s primary language is probably not English but he gets the general point across in his post.

Also, it is quite clear that you have missed much of what the OP said, and unfortunately it is very clear that you are taking those remarks personally, which is unwise. The OP specifically stated “if iPad works for them, then good for them.” I did not interpret any of the OP’s post as stating you should do this or that. I am quite confident that an iPad could never do what a MacBook Pro is capable of. Just like when you go into Apple or other computer stores to purchase a device, the usual question is “what are you going to use it for?” What is typically purchased by the customer is usually based upon their needs. If you’re going to use it just basically for email and browse the web, I would suggest an iPad Pro.

For example, how is an iPad going to be able to run VMfusion? I have used it for years to provide a hypervisor to handle running Windows so I can log into the work Intranet using an employer supported VPN, then access the mainframe environment or use RDP if I want to take control of my work desktop. I also use it for building Linux golden images for subsequent testing. That doesn’t even cover the gamut of required functions such as the entire Office suite, offering functionality that the iPad simply cannot provide. The needs determine the required product.

Just look at a classroom on a college or university campus and you will see very few iPads, but the majority of students are using a MacBook in class. And this is the generation of the future, not the past. One of the advances from iPads to MacBooks has been the implementation of SSD’s, but that is more an advancement of storage technology.

As well, there are many other high end applications which require significant horse power to function properly which an iPad is totally incapable of handling. You won’t find iPads replacing office environments either....not now, not even in the future. There is simply too much specialized software from ISV’s with clients built for the Windows environments, not iPads or MacBooks. Most, if not all office environments use Windows with few even considering Apple products for the future. I would think any suggested replacement into the office just isn’t there. Plus, unfortunately Apple's standards have only been going downhill since Steve Jobs passed away. Then there are gamers which require high end performance not only for program execution but also high end GPU’s.

What I am saying just as the OP mentioned that if the iPad works for them, then good for them. However, in almost every case a person should treat an iPad as an iPad, not a replacement of a PC. Depending upon your requirements, I and most would suggest use the iPad as an iPad and use the MacBook as a MacBook. They are both portable devices so that should not be the issue. Just because iPad works for some doesn’t mean it is a full PC replacement. Lots of people are injecting the idea of the iPad being the future and the MacBook is doomed. As well, statements such as iPads works better than PC or PC works better than iPad is totally valid. It simply depends upon the user requirements. They are totally separate devices which provide totally different user functionality. Neither is a replacement of the other.
I was with you until you started telling me AGAIN how I and others "should" use an iPad. I'm really not interested in what you think I should be using my iPad for.

Reactions: muzzy996

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
I am sorry to add yet other thread about iPad vs PC. This has been debated several times, but i still don’t get why. All these debate started with Apple’s famous statement that iPad can be PC replacement. But I think this is just flat out none sense.

I mean iPad is iPad, it is not designed to be PC replacement. In functionality wise, there are overlaps. There are things that both can be done. But there are also things PC can do things better and more efficient and there are other things iPad can do things better and more efficient.

iPad was never designed to be PC replacement. Steven pushed iPad out as middle ground of smartphone and PC. It never designed to replace PC, so why there is such debat that iPad can be full PC replacement?

Most of us who was born before 90s, were grew up with Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and so on. Some people were grew up with Mac. I still remember i was running DOS commends and loading Windows 95 from DOS. We grew up with PC interface, mouse and keyboard operations, transfers files back and forth, navigating files from different folders, downloading files to one location and open files from there, we are familiar with grab a USB drive and transfer files that way. PC until this day were still base on these operation and negviation logics.

iPad on other hand is totally different. It has different way to negaivate system UI, it has different way to store files, it has different way to get files transferred, it has different way to install software, it has different way to do almost everything. It is designed completely different way with PC. For lots of us, iPad requires lots of relearning and purchasing whole new set of accessories. And most of us unwilling to do that.

So what am I saying. iPad is different, it is not designed to be full PC replacement nor it serves purpose as full PC replacment. If one try to focus PC mentality to iPad, it will hit the wall hard. We should really draw a line between iPad and PC. Both have its reason to exist and both serves different purpose.

If someone foud that they can do everything on iPad, then good for him/her. But iPad will not be PC replacement nor it should be. Why can’t we just use iPad as iPad and use PC as PC. Why should we have to choose between one but not use both?

Some people actually used Apple llgs, Atari falcon or Amiga computers...the iPad is the transition between the desktop and what is now know as a portable but will become a full fledged computer as time goes on.

Last edited:

prospervic

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2007
NYC
A “full-fledged” computer is a device that does whatever the user needs it to do. I know many, many people who have no need to run virtual machines, but the tasks THEY need to accomplish are very important to them.

Someone who has no occasion to tow a motorboat or trailer with their vehicle has no need for a pickup truck, while their Prius or Fiesta is just as “full-fledged” to them as a Ford F-150 is to someone in construction, lawn care or farming.

If the tasks you want to accomplish fall within the range of the iPad’s capabilities, then for you, the iPad is indeed a “full-fledged” computer!

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
A “full-fledged” computer is a device that does whatever the user needs it to do. I know many, many people who have no need to run virtual machines, but the tasks THEY need to accomplish are very important to them.

Someone who has no occasion to tow a motorboat or trailer with their vehicle has no need for a pickup truck, while their Prius or Fiesta is just as “full-fledged” to them as a Ford F-150 is to someone in construction, lawn care or farming.

If the tasks you want to accomplish fall within the range of the iPad’s capabilities, then for you, the iPad is indeed a “full-fledged” computer!

Yes! And increasingly, iPad is becoming a fully fledged computer for and more people as the hardware becomes more capable, and the software becomes even more advanced.

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
I can’t help but think that the standard laptop looks rather antique. When I see an iPad, it really does look like the future that I had imagined 20 years ago - a device with a minimal physical presence but gives you all the intelligence and access you could ever need.
I have been reading through this thread and this post hit the nail on the head for me. I picked up the M1 MBP in November last year and was surprised at how underwhelmed I felt with it. Now with the redesign coming up… who knows how I’ll feel then. I wanted a bigger screen (the 14 inch). This ipad 12.9 DOES NOT accomplish that (obviously) however I’m bored with my laptop and this interface feels more fun (though severely lacking in the files department) and it LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

When the 14” MBP is released I’m scared I’ll regret not waiting. HOWEVER, I want a device that will allow me digital art and for that I have what I need. Even if I returned the iPad and MKB and just bought an older smaller cheaper iPad just for art and bought the 14” MBP when it’s out it would cost me well above what I’ve already spent.

So for me, it’s simply being willing to kiss the bigger screen goodbye. I can make do with the iPad and have my MBP as a back up.

I never had interest in iPads but I’ve recently wanted to get into digital art so it seems like the right path to take.

Reactions: George Dawes

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
I have been reading through this thread and this post hit the nail on the head for me. I picked up the M1 MBP in November last year and was surprised at how underwhelmed I felt with it. Now with the redesign coming up… who knows how I’ll feel then. I wanted a bigger screen (the 14 inch). This ipad 12.9 DOES NOT accomplish that (obviously) however I’m bored with my laptop and this interface feels more fun (though severely lacking in the files department) and it LOOKS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

When the 14” MBP is released I’m scared I’ll regret not waiting. HOWEVER, I want a device that will allow me digital art and for that I have what I need. Even if I returned the iPad and MKB and just bought an older smaller cheaper iPad just for art and bought the 14” MBP when it’s out it would cost me well above what I’ve already spent.

So for me, it’s simply being willing to kiss the bigger screen goodbye. I can make do with the iPad and have my MBP as a back up.

I never had interest in iPads but I’ve recently wanted to get into digital art so it seems like the right path to take.
After all that said,
my opinion is MBP is a computer and i like the 16" the IPP 12.9" is a deferent animal for the way of use
so I need both and not expect the IPP to be a MBP

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
After all that said,
my opinion is MBP is a computer and i like the 16" the IPP 12.9" is a deferent animal for the way of use
so I need both and not expect the IPP to be a MBP
Absolutely. Some folks can make do with just the IPP but not everyone. They are different devices that compliment one another and can totally eliminate the need for one or the other but not for all.

I just have to be okay with not getting my 14 inch screen. My biggest gripe with Apple and the products I love of theirs is HOW LONG it's taken them to eliminate bezels - waste of space, imo.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
It kinda depends on your specific use scenario. I, for one, used to have very specific needs for a Windows PC (Quicken and update apps for my radar detector as examples). Then, apps started to show up on Mac and I was able to ditch Windows. But the iPad equivalents were pathetic, so I needed a Mac and an iPad.

Some people are happy to have their media libraries on the cloud. Not me. I have 40TB of disk space on my desk with my music, pictures, and movies. Sure, I use the cloud, but not as my sole source. I'm old school. So I still need the Mac.

But the iPad can do 90% of what I need to do, so I only use the Mac for those things I cannot do on my Mac. Will I ever not need a Mac? I don't think so. But my MacBook Pro sits unused on a shelf since when I go out, my iPad is good enough for everything I need to do on the road. If I need to do something the iPad can't do, I have to wait until I get home. Hasn't happened to me yet.

YMMV. Your use case may be different. That is why Apple makes different products. So you can buy the ones that work for you, and those are not necessarily the same ones that will work for me. Different strokes for different folks. Be happy you have choices, make your choices, and live with them, and don't worry about how other people make their choices. That is their business.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
It kinda depends on your specific use scenario. I, for one, used to have very specific needs for a Windows PC (Quicken and update apps for my radar detector as examples). Then, apps started to show up on Mac and I was able to ditch Windows. But the iPad equivalents were pathetic, so I needed a Mac and an iPad.

Some people are happy to have their media libraries on the cloud. Not me. I have 40TB of disk space on my desk with my music, pictures, and movies. Sure, I use the cloud, but not as my sole source. I'm old school. So I still need the Mac.

But the iPad can do 90% of what I need to do, so I only use the Mac for those things I cannot do on my Mac. Will I ever not need a Mac? I don't think so. But my MacBook Pro sits unused on a shelf since when I go out, my iPad is good enough for everything I need to do on the road. If I need to do something the iPad can't do, I have to wait until I get home. Hasn't happened to me yet.

YMMV. Your use case may be different. That is why Apple makes different products. So you can buy the ones that work for you, and those are not necessarily the same ones that will work for me. Different strokes for different folks. Be happy you have choices, make your choices, and live with them, and don't worry about how other people make their choices. That is their business.
You are in better position I have to use PC for thing that MAC can't use and having MBP and IPP not that the MBP can't do but some time it more convenient for me to use the app for example right in deferent language with the pencil or use the touch screen ( my Lenovo thinkpad has touch screen the MBP doesn't)

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal

*chefs kiss*

I've been reading old threads and I love your outlook on this. There are tons of OPINIONS out there and it's okay for us to share them and disagree but I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Me, I'm trying to figure out if I'm ready to make the leap onto a device I sort of ignored (my iPhone was all the touchscreen I needed for a long time) but the creativity potential has me intrigued and I'm going for it. I'm trying BRUTALLY to use this iPad AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE to make an informed decision.

The only things that concern me with this iPad is the crappy front face camera. The quality SUCKS. But it also sucks on my 2013 retinaburnedMBP That and though the speakers are lovely I just know that the upcoming MBP's out there will get the screen / speaker goods.

I have loads to think about on this.

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
I can’t even remember how I found this thread but I wish I hadn’t bumped it. Sorry guys.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
I do that very thing oddly enough… There are things I still need my Mac for but still use my iPad far more often and is my daily driver.

Still, I can’t do Mac/Windows tasks that require far more resources than my 2017 Pro can offer. ??‍♂️

Edit: NM folks, old thread ?

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2017
The future is the ipad and like portable devices, the desktops will eventually become obsolete and the handheld units will replace all laptops etc.

Plus the portables will be able to dock to a television or projectors and have separate keyboards, mouse and ssd drives.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
The future is the ipad and like portable devices, the desktops will eventually become obsolete and the handheld units will replace all laptops etc.

Plus the portables will be able to dock to a television or projectors and have separate keyboards, mouse and ssd drives.
Nope. Mobile devices have certain advantages at the sacrifice of other advantages that desktops/laptops have. Even docking comes with compromises. One device simply cannot have it all. It can only have acceptable compromises for specific individuals. It’s the same reason why laptops haven't replaced desktops after all these years, even though it is simply the portable version. Mobile devices, laptops, and desktops will continue to exist and improve for the foreseeable future (ie. until there is a major disruption in new technology).

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Kind of funny to look at this thread now that I've switched back to the M1 Mac as my daily driver. The iPad can replace the Mac for me if I want it to, even for my more advanced tasks. This year's WWDC is going to be big for the iPad--there's no way all that extra RAM isn't in there for a purpose, and that purpose is most likely Apple's own pro apps on the iPad, as well as some key 3rd parties that they probably let in on the fun, just for a more well rounded start.

What I personally use right now though is not the point--my original sentiments still stand--it's not up to any one person on this forum, or in real life, to tell any other person what they should or shouldn't use or how they should or shouldn't approach that device. I do think Apple has brought a bit of this on themselves though. They sort of talk out of both sides of their mouth about the iPad and Mac. On one hand they'll say, "Why buy a computer ever again? All you need is the iPad Pro!" and then 2 weeks later they'll release a new Mac model and they'll say "We love the Mac and we think it has a rock solid future going forward."

Same concept as the console wars, though. As long as consumers keep arguing about what they think is better, the top platform holders win. And I love Apple, so I guess if Apple wins, I win too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.