Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Completely. Well first off, the Apple store is a 12 mile drive from my house. I gave in a repair yesterday to fix the Airport card and was given a call today that it is available for pick-up. So I drove like a fool another 12 miles to the Apple Store only to realize while starting the Mac the Airport card wasn't detected. The Genius working in the Genius Bar didn't know a squat what was going on....I showed him the system profiler and he was like ...duh...."it's missing!" hello! You forgot to install a new one! :mad: Now, wouldn't good customer service be "Sir, we understand your problem drop it in and we will call you later for pick-up?". But no, not only was i presented with two options a) Wait around for 2 hours or two in the Apple Store (like it's a strip club!) till an appointment opens up ..or... b) Come back tomorrow to drive another roundtrip 24 miles to drop it in and then drive another 24 miles to pick it up , but also repeatedly slapped with an asinine excuse they need 15 minutes to type few words/print and get a signature! This is so infuriating...and I am so pissed! :( I am home now with a 20 foot Ethernet cable connected to my Macbook which my dog always finds an excuse to trip on! :rolleyes:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Well, everyone makes mistakes. That's a part of life. Not once did I freak out when Apple failed to fix my computer. Heck, they had it in possession for a total of 2 months out of the 12 months I owned it. That's 1 out of every 6 days. I started no threads, and NEVER gave it a mention for 12 months at MacRumours until I was in the process of getting it replaced.

It was just recently replaced. :)

Apple is good at what they do. Generally. You may get a bonehead here and there, and a good Apple employee may make a mistake sometimes.

I don't know. In fact, I don't even understand his post.

Now, wouldn't good customer service be "Sir, we understand your problem drop it in and we will call you later for pick-up?". But no, not only was i presented with two options a) Wait around for 2 hours or two in the Apple Store (like it's a strip club!) till an appointment opens up ..or... b) Come back tomorrow to drive another roundtrip 24 miles to drop it in and then drive another 24 miles to pick it up

Those two parts of his story sound the same to me. If that's what he expected good customer service to be, then what is he so upset about? He got exactly what he described as "good customer service"? And he seems upset about the driving, which is minor, really. At least he doesn't have to send it in. Maybe the only way he'd be happy is if Apple drove to his house and repaired it on the spot, but oh well. You can't please everybody. ;)

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Well, everyone makes mistakes. That's a part of life. Not once did I freak out when Apple failed to fix my computer. Heck, they had it in possession for a total of 2 months out of the 12 months I owned it. That's 1 out of every 6 days. I started no threads, and NEVER gave it a mention for 12 months at MacRumours until I was in the process of getting it replaced.

It was just recently replaced. :)

Apple is good at what they do. Generally. You may get a bonehead here and there, and a good Apple employee may make a mistake sometimes.

I don't know. In fact, I don't even understand his post.

Those two parts of his story sound the same to me. If that's what he expected good customer service to be, then what is he so upset about? He got exactly what he described as "good customer service"? And he seems upset about the driving, which is minor, really. At least he doesn't have to send it in. Maybe the only way he'd be happy is if Apple drove to his house and repaired it on the spot, but oh well. You can't please everybody. ;)

It was clear as crystal. I know some people are patient, but heck not with me! In case you misunderstood me, what I meant was instead taking back the repair they asked me to wait for 2 hours or get a new genius bar appointment. I was infuriated that I had to come back again even when i knew what the problem was and I was at the Apple Store for christ's sake!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.