Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will Apple eventually bring the nano-texture glass option to iPhone Pro’s (maybe Ultra)?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
With Apple bringing the nano-texture option to iPad Pro’s it got me thinking, will they ever have it as an option for the iPhone Pro’s as well? Maybe as an optional upgrade to the Pro/Pro Max or even the iPhone Ultra we keep hearing rumors about?

Seems like a nice way to diffuse light reflections and not show fingerprints as much to make the iPhone easier to see in directly sunlight, but I’m not sure how the glass texture would hold up over time in our pockets rubbing against the fabric as we walk 🤔

JustAnExpat

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2019
I vote "no". It looks like Apple is targeting the nano-texture option as a way to improve productivity in creating things. A lot of people take pictures using the iPhone, but don't do any type of extensive editing.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
If the do bring the nanotexture to the new phones, I hope it is optional. I like my plain glass screens.

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
My gut says no, they’ll just continue to increase display brightness.

If there’s ever a display upgrade option available, I hope it will be the sapphire crystal. I’d probably pay $100-$200 extra for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.