Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillies3429

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
iStockNow has shown that Apple updated some stores around me after they closed. If I go there tomorrow, will they have phones for walk ins when they open? Thanks.

Trek2100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Sevierville, TN
Go to Apple's website,
select store
select iPhone
select buy
fill in the information (6 or 6+), color, carrier, storage
then click on "check store availability"
fill in your zip code
It will show the stores in your area and whether they have any available.

That is what I did last week. Bought the phone the next morning:D. Or, you can buy it immediately for store pick-up.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Go to Apple's website,
select store
select iPhone
select buy
fill in the information (6 or 6+), color, carrier, storage
then click on "check store availability"
fill in your zip code
It will show the stores in your area and whether they have any available.

That is what I did last week. Bought the phone the next morning:D. Or, you can buy it immediately for store pick-up.

Actually, that only shows you what is available for personal pickup when ordering online. The stock for walk-ins is completely separate.

Trek2100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Sevierville, TN
Actually, that only shows you what is available for personal pickup when ordering online. The stock for walk-ins is completely separate.

I do not believe that is true. When I got there they took the online orders first, then the rest of us. If you ordered online for pickup (you would have received a confirmation number and the number in inventory would have been reduced by 1) you are guaranteed however, if it shows available then it is first come first served. If all in stock phones had been pre-ordered the website would show "unavailable for pickup". Available for pickup means they are in stock. It depends on how you read the english language.:confused: It's best to pre-order, or take your chances.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
I do not believe that is true. When I got there they took the online orders first, then the rest of us.

Perhaps your Apple Store but not most. In my area most didn't show stock online this past week but if you went to the Apple Store you were more likely to find what you were looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.