Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Window 10 Installing issues

Tony Cipriano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2020
Ok so I have an i mac 2016 with Sierra o/s and I want to install window 10 ,I have a usb stick and boot camp and everything is updated ,I downloaded the window o/s from the apple web site and chose 64 bit .....but like lots of mac
User i have the same problem, boot camp thinks that the window version is not 64 bit ...I haven't tried a DVD becouse I don't have a dual layer ,what can I do please ....I am NOT good with mac or apple products....thank you all in advance

Joeronzk

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2020
Which Windows 10 version you downloaded from Microsoft website? Make sure the Mac is eligible for installing Windows 1 on Mac. This is from Apple BootCamp guide:

A 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro on a disk image (ISO) or other installation media. If installing Windows on your Mac for the first time, this must be a full version of Windows, not an upgrade.

Please take a read at this guide: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

Comment

Tony Cipriano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2020
Like must users I downloaded from the apple web site, i choosed windows 10 ,English, 64 but the only think that I was unable to do was download the windows os on a usb drive ,I downloaded directly in to the I mac ,but bootcamp found it ,and when you click on it I get the bit 64 message....

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.