Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Yelp is getting in on the Pokémon Go action, adding a new filter that will let users discover restaurants and other businesses located near PokéStops to make it easier to find new Pokémon and other bonuses.

Added via an over-the-air update going out today, Yelp's new Pokémon filter is available at the top of the app when searching for a venue to visit, right alongside other filters like "Good for Lunch," "Price," and "Open Now."

yelppokemon.jpg

Searching for locations by PokéStop is available on Yelp for the desktop and in Yelp's mobile apps, including its iOS app. Yelp is also asking customers to help identify businesses that have a PokéStop located nearby by checking in.
In order to leave no PokéStop unturned, we need your help! To identify a business that's in the vicinity of a PokéStop, check-in to that location on Yelp and answer a quick question to let fellow Yelpers and trainers know that this is the place they want to be. In just the past 24 hours, Yelpers have already identified thousands of PokéStops! With your help, we'll become Pokémon masters in no time.
Yelp's new PokéStop feature is available in the United States, Australia, and New Zealand. Yelp can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Yelp Gains New Filter for Listing Venues Near PokéStops

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Nice to see Pokémon and Nintendo being relevant again :)

Fire Emblem for iPhone can't come soon enough.

Reactions: docziandras

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Help! I'm being robbed at gun point behind McDonalds while out chasing Pokemon. But on a positive note, 5 stars for this restaurant for having good street lighting.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
With all this attention they're missing it is now surely only a matter of time until Facebook add an accute accent to e of their poke feature. Facebook Poké.

Reactions: B.K.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Apple is gonna work on pikachu emoji......oh my goodness.....did I just say that?
Self slap-

Reactions: CarlJ

Denmac1

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Lost in Space
Think I'll stay with Geocaching. Yes, I know, so yesterday, but I'm just not really into games. Good for those that enjoy it. This could get too commercialized.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Soon family trips will be planned around Pokemon locations ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.