Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbedhead

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
So for some reason the iOSX icons look great on the ipad/iphone hardware but after installing Yosemite my immediate impression is looks like it has gone towards a sleeker version of the old Windows XP style....on the bigger screens

it looks too cartoonish !!

No-one else think that ? :eek:

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
So for some reason the iOSX icons look great on the ipad/iphone hardware but after installing Yosemite my immediate impression is looks like it has gone towards a sleeker version of the old Windows XP style....on the bigger screens

uninstall/install mavericks, problem solved. you're welcome, bye

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
Maybe I want the features of Yosemite you hit-and-run sarcastic t***.

but you're scared of some stupid icons and you can't live with them and you felt the urge to create a whole new thread, which has been done like, a million times already in the past 3 months to complain how a goddamn icon looks too cartoonish and how you'd like it to look so serious and elegant? give me a break, stare a little less at the icons and use a little more the new features you wanted so bad.

macbedhead

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
but you're scared of some stupid icons and you can't live with them and you felt the urge to create a whole new thread, which has been done like, a million times already in the past 3 months to complain how a goddamn icon looks too cartoonish and how you'd like it to look so serious and elegant? give me a break, stare a little less at the icons and use a little more the new features you wanted so bad.

UHU. Funny thing is there is no way not to look at icons using the OS.

Windowz XP 2014.

Bugsbunny_display_image.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Cartoonish? Yes. Too cartoonish? No. The icons are actually really beautiful, but I think the problem is when you scale them down to a reasonable size, much of the detail is lost and they loose their realism.

Hard Drive
Xcode
Keynote

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005

Yes some of us do...

1. Downgrade to Mavericks or whichever OS prior to your cartoonish experience...
2. Leave your feedback to Apple at http://www.apple.com/feedback
3. Spam Tim's email at tcook@apple.com, or Jony Ive if you have his email, letting him know how disgusting his UI design is...
4. Welcome to your worst nightmare... :D

activate

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011

lol...that was exactly my first impression 4 months or so ago during the dev cycle! It is but I guess it grew on me. I guess I like the minimalism of cartoonism :)

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
I'm preparing to be ridiculed by my Windows co-workers :eek:

Hey they ridicule me regardless :) and I can almost guarantee that most I've known over the last 15 odd years have made the move at some point.

It is just a matter of time before they realise it. It will happen.

shadowheart

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
HERE IS THE PROBLEM specially if you don't have your glasses on

YOSIMITE IS NOT FLAT OR 2D completely it HAS DEPTH

YOU CAN change the DOCK

yOU CAN change the icons

using second party applications.

ALSO the style and icons really grow on you and you might not be able to leave it lol .. addicting.

AND YES i do feel what you are saying and it looks like a step backwards but it is not.

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
Just installed on my Macbook and first impressions are not good.

Choice of fonts, colours and icons make it look like some flavoured linux desktop - functional but somewhat unpolished.

I am hoping it will grow on me.

shadowheart

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
Just installed on my Macbook and first impressions are not good.

Choice of fonts, colours and icons make it look like some flavoured linux desktop - functional but somewhat unpolished.

I am hoping it will grow on me.

if you read my previous reply , i wrote that its not completely 2d it is that they are almost too small to see the 3d or the DEPTH in the icons , ones you notice that you start appreciating the style more and also you can change the dock and icons using second party applications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.