You guys were right…

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 3rdiguy, Sep 12, 2015.

1. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I have to admit that after a while I'd basically written off the Apple Watch as one of the few Apple devices I didn't need. I didn't like the software and wouldn't have considered it being useful until after watchOS2 was released. Well, I bought a space grey Sport yesterday evening and I am impressed and definitely a believer in its wonder, magic, and usefulness. I really like how I can see my BofA balance at a glance, Acorns investments immediately, and GoBank balance as well. I finally don't have to pull out my iPhone, open app , and login just to see this info. Messages are ok, even received a phone call and the caller said my voice came in crystal clear! The watch faces will take a while for me to get acquainted with and I primarily use modular right now. It's so beautiful and understated and it feels like nothing is on my arm, not even a bracelet. I really look forward to my first full day using it and to the release of watch OS2 next week. Plus, I bought the space grey NomadPod to keep with me as well. You guys were right, this thing is a game changer and that's coming from a one-time Pebble user who just required deeper integration,consistent functionality, and the ability to do more from my wrist. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

It took you 6 months to realize apple watch is better than a pos pebble? Welcome to April 24,2015.

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Congratulations on your new watch. You've bought at an exciting time as loads of new bands and accessories are coming out now. Thank you for sharing such a positive post here.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Heck, I actually used my Pebble a lot. The Apple watch was a no brainer.

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I was a Pebble Kickstarter because I saw the hand writing on the wall and knew that Apple would come out with a watch. I used my Pebble until I got my Apple Watch, and still use it at night when my :apple: Watch is on charge. It is not in the same league as an :apple: Watch but it is no pos either. I still recommend it to people who do not want or cannot afford an Apple.

Congratulations on your watch and you should have a great time with it.

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

7. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Enjoy. And it was interesting to hear what things you are liking on it already. Watch looks good on the pod. I can't wait for Watch OS2 on Wednesday as in some ways it will be like experiencing the fun of exploring the Watch all over again. Hope Apple can handle all the downloads that day. I think they've sold quite a lot of the Watches and everyone will be anxious for the new faces, etc.

8. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

People ask me about mine and whether it's worth the money. For me it is. I don't use any of the health stuff but for convienance it's fantastic. Emails, texts, Calamder reminders, phone calls and off course Apple pay means I don't have to pull my phone or wallet out of my pockets. I average 5 meetings a day at work and a ping followed by a quick glance at my watch means that I know to leave one meeting and head for the next without checking my laptop or phone which isn't very professional in a board meeting.
    Well worth it

9. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

10. Phoenixx Suspended

Phoenixx

I felt very similar. When the Apple Watch first came out I thought it was pointless. But, I did take the time to investigate thoroughly, and like yourself I realised that these are very worthwhile, and ended up getting one, a SS with sports band (I promptly replaced the sports band with a third party stainless strap). The Apple watch has proven to be very useful. For me, it is the notifications on the wrist that are the most useful feature. I'm a calendar power user, and kept not noticing calendar notifications when they came through on the phone. When outside, they were simply too quiet. The watch changes this. Now I NEVER miss a notification, phone call, or anything else that I need to know about.

11. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Good on you man. I just got one too and love it.

12. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Congrats! Now wait until you start getting into the fitness aspects of it. That is where you will really fall in love. That watch is making me more active/healthier by the day which is beautiful. The data is right there for you to track free of charge. Definitely a wonderful device. Enjoy!

13. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

Glad you hear and thank you for the share. It's nice to hear a positive thread once in a while.
    I've been hooked from a few weeks wearing it when wife and I got them in May. Just last month we turned the activity tracker on and now we are even deeper in awe with it.
    This watch actually frees my time up and allows me to spend it on the more important things in life.

14. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Watch OS 2 is a major improvement all around, though it seems like little change.

A good example is sending messages through Siri: instead of having to select "send" after being bounced into the Messages.app, you can simply lower your arm and the message will send.

That kind of polish is all over OS 2, so get ready, because you're about to enjoy it much more.

15. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

I'm also glad to see a positive post on here for a change. Too often people come here to complain.

It seems like every day I'm finding a new use for the watch, and I've had it since June. Today's new use: I have a dog who requires multiple eye drops, three times a day. I need to wait 5 minutes after each drop before I give him the next. I tend to give him the drops while my other dogs are outside, but I don't want to keep them out there for too long since it's still pretty warm here. So I setup a face that has both the timer and the stopwatch on it, allowing me to get timer alerts when each eye drop is due, while also keeping an eye on how long the others have been out. Perfect setup.

Attached Files:

16. papbot macrumors 6502

I knew how useful to me the watch would be when it was first announced. What I did not think would be something that I'd be doing was taking or making phone calls on it. But it's come in so handy when I'm in another part of my house away from my phone or even at work entering some data into a computer and my wife calls and I don't need to go looking or digging for my phone. Just today I was in my bathroom ( I know TMI ) and my wife called me. I took the call on the watch and actually asked her if she was shouting because her voice/volume was so loud and she didn't realize initially that I was using the watch. I rarely take calls from anyone else on the watch but when one comes in that I really need to answer I go ahead and it has worked great. I just love this thing.

All this sure sounds like a flop doesn't it?:)

17. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Only if you're Leo Laporte

18. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Brilliant !

19. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I watched and read and researched and then finally made my decision. I'm glad I didnt buy it when it was first released or I wouldve been waiting for months instead of walking into store and making my purchase.

20. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I agree. I thought it was an overpriced Fitbit but now I think it makes Fitbit looked overpriced for how little it can do. I also think this is why fitbit refuses to let their app integrate with Apple Health. They know their time is up. Just wait till WatchOS 3 and further updates to Apple Health and Apple Activity. It's going to put the squeeze on smaller fitness trackers.