Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
i just tried this today and am quite impressed with the interface. first off, don't be scared by the fact that it "requires" IE, it does not, it runs fine in chimera. it can retrieve email from imap and pop accounts and provides the user with extensive search features, as well as providing related links based on subject content and the sender. all it takes is a double click on the .jar file and the invisible daemons do the rest. i can't wait to see what this "app" becomes, as right now it's little more than a pretty mail reader. there seems to be very little documentation, and i'm still trying to figure out how to enable the "google services" check box. if anyone knows of any neat tricks with this app, let me know.

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
how could i forget? http://guests.evectors.it/zoe/
this is really an amazing example of what can be done with osx, java, and web interfaces. apparently, you can actually have zoe load in entourage, but this trick does not work with mail.app, oh well.

aside from being very clean and aqua friendly, it offers many ways to sort your mails, a small calendar, and often times will provide a logo for the hosting service from which the email was sent. the website says that ther is even preliminary rendezvous support (for what exactly, i'm not quite sure). if it's at all possible to integrate this with addressbook (perhaps ichat if the rendzvous support grows fuller) and allow the user to compose mail, this would replace mail.app for me.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I think it's kinda ugly...... But I don't care about it being ugly that
much right now. I mean, I am using Windows XP right now.... all
I really care about is speed......

It looks cool, But I don't really like how it organizes things. And I
have no need for a calender.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.