Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Chatted briefly with Unni today about the silverback and its future. The case has now been renamed "the diamondback" - have to say it's pretty slick looking.
Preregistrations accepted by emailing sales@atomiciphonecase.com and using the subject line: Diamondback

See production shot here, colors to be announced soon. It's definitely a different look then anything I've seen before - kinda dig the fancy sleep button too :)
diamondback.jpg

They also have some other new stuff coming soon, Clarity HD Screen Protector, Atomic iPad stand, 22K gold cap for the Hybrid, and releasing next week: TrueCarbon Back plate with the apple logo machined out.

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
That is seriously sick! :eek: Love the button too. Any word on when and how much?

Not that I know of just yet - Unni mentioned that they only have a couple prototypes at this point and are looking for anodizers...if I hear more I'll definitely let you all know.

scelzifan

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
I have to admit, that is one sick looking case. Definitely something that I have never seen before, or even anything that looks anything like it. I like the 3D like back it projects. If it has a good price, I'll grab one. I think its pretty damn sharp!

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
I'm not sure how to feel about this one. The sleep/wake button looks cool, and the case itself is good looking. But is this going to be aluminum? If so say goodbye to any signal strength.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
I've never like the atomic hybrid but this one is very nice. I have too many aluminum cases already but might get this when it comes out.

gcarlucci

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2011
Herndon, VA
I'm not sure how to feel about this one. The sleep/wake button looks cool, and the case itself is good looking. But is this going to be aluminum? If so say goodbye to any signal strength.

But from the looks of it this looks like a hybrid case too. I mean the white/ black part looks non metal. I doubt they would go back to all aluminum since they dont work 100%.

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
But from the looks of it this looks like a hybrid case too. I mean the white/ black part looks non metal. I doubt they would go back to all aluminum since they dont work 100%.

From what Unni told me the aluminum doesn't contact the antenna side at all - not sure exactly how it's covered - hoping to see more detailed pics soon!

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Couple more images here - cost is still up in the air while they finalize production etc

The back is designed, btw, to sit flat on the ground - no teetering, despite the patterned back.

diamondback3.jpg

diamondback4.jpg

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
very cool looking, but last tim atomic said that a case was coming (the fix for the hybrid) it took a while hopefully this case wont have to wait as long.

Hopefully not - look forward to getting my hands on one of these as well.

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
Looking good Atomic, can we please get it before the iPhone 5 arrives:p ? :D

I love how the front piece creates a nice protective lip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.