Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
UK
12.6Mb update for iTunes, available from software update

iTunes 5 features a new even more powerful instant search, including the new Search Bar which helps you find exactly what you are looking for in iTunes or from among 2 million songs on the Music Store, folders for organizing playlists, and new Parental Controls for music, music sharing and podcasts. iTunes 5.0.1 features several stability improvements over iTunes 5.

Good news is: no restart required :D

Bad news is: still no brushed metal :(

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
God, i know its always a bad idea to be one of the first to download updates, especially with apples track record (hey, what happend to my external HD? oh, it got erased) but, i can't help myself. Here's hoping for the best.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Releases iTunes 5.0.1

Apple released a small update to iTunes 5.0 today:

iTunes 5 features a new even more powerful instant search, including the new Search Bar which helps you find exactly what you are looking for in iTunes or from among 2 million songs on the Music Store, folders for organizing playlists, and new Parental Controls for music, music sharing and podcasts. iTunes 5.0.1 features several stability improvements over iTunes 5.

The 5.0 upgrade introduced a number of issues including crahes, difficulties transferring purchased music, playlist problems and other issues.

This bug-fix update has been expected.

Riot_Mac

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2003
IL
Macrumors said:

Apple released a small update to iTunes 5.0 today:

The 5.0 upgrade introduced a number of issues including crahes, difficulties transferring purchased music, playlist problems and other issues.

This bug-fix update has been expected.
dling it now... man i was really hoping for a Pbook update today. Oh well maybe next week.

wrxguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2005
Deepest Regions of Hell
can anyone recomend a mini itunes player that i can use so that i dont have to keep maximizing and minimizing my itunes...i would like to have the art work and all that but its not a must

barbee

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2005
Does anyone know if this solves anything for Windows platforms? From my experience, the performance is HORRIBLE and there's no way of downgrading to 4.x.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
UK
Well, it seems to play songs fine from my Party Shuffle, and access the music store OK. I'm using OSX 10.4.2 on a 15" 1.5GHz PB.

I don't know about iPod problems, as I don't have one :eek:

Nice of Apple to fix the bugs quickly :)

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Bah. It's not showing up for me yet.

Does 5.0.1 still include podcasts in the music library?

AppleMatt

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
The installer has been hanging about half way done for about 20 minutes on my pbook with it saying
Installing: Installing iTunes.
doesnt seem to be making any progress.
Isolated case?

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
ive had no issues, but rather than touching wood, i think i'll click update
Nothing like being at the top of the game eh
/

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
AppleMatt said:
Bah. It's not showing up for me yet.

Does 5.0.1 still include podcasts in the music library?

AppleMatt

I hope so, and I hope that smartplaylists, that sync to my iPod, start behaving like they do with music!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.