PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 1.1.2 Firmware Released

Pages : [1] 2

MacRumors
Nov 8, 2007, 09:39 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Apple has posted the download links to the iPhone 1.1.2 firmware, for direct downloading:

iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-4037.20071107.5Bghn/iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw)

iTunes has yet to reflect the new firmware, but some adventurous souls have downloaded the link manually to upgrade their iPhone.

- Modem firmware: 04.02.13_G
- TIFF Exploit patched (per Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/08/apple-posts-firmware-v1-1-2-goodbye-jailbreak/)) so JailBreakMe no longer works
- Devices in iTunes, battery icon shows up to indicate it charges.
- Slide for emergency call changes languages
- International keyboard available
- No horizontal text messaging (per villanova329 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4466069&postcount=10))

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/08/iphone-1-1-2-firmware-released/)

iHerzeleid
Nov 8, 2007, 09:40 PM
yay.

whats new?

calvy
Nov 8, 2007, 09:40 PM
Wow, people are downloading this before apple gives it to them, and I'm planning on doing my best to avoid the thing for as long as it takes to hack.

suneohair
Nov 8, 2007, 09:41 PM
Im sportin it. Waiting for my songs to update....

svalentine
Nov 8, 2007, 09:41 PM
I'm waiting for this update to appear in iTunes.

Football1maniac
Nov 8, 2007, 09:42 PM
And now, to wait for the iPod touch update. Fun Fun.:rolleyes::apple:

Superdrive
Nov 8, 2007, 09:47 PM
Jailbroken 1.1.1 is working just fine for me. I'll stick with that. Thank you very much.

chambers7
Nov 8, 2007, 09:47 PM
Somebody should say what is new...
Apple needs to give me some incentive to unjailbreak my iPhone. Otherwise, i'm not updating until February (is that possible)? i don't see any reason to update iTunes or my iPhone.

WorthBak
Nov 8, 2007, 09:49 PM
i have the ipsw file, how do i get itunes to recognize it? thanks!!!

suneohair
Nov 8, 2007, 09:51 PM

On the restore button do this: Option/Alt + Click, it will ask for the file. Go to the zip file and iTunes will do the rest.

phillipjfry
Nov 8, 2007, 09:51 PM
Stupid questions deserve stupid answers:
Does it work for iTouch?

overcast
Nov 8, 2007, 09:53 PM

Why don't you just wait until it's officially released on iTunes.

chr1s60
Nov 8, 2007, 09:54 PM
Anyone have 1.1.2 on a phone they use with iToner? I would like to update my software, but I want to know if I am going to lose my ringtones.

polishmacuser
Nov 8, 2007, 09:55 PM
is anybody updating with a unlocked iphone with ipsf :)

AHDuke99
Nov 8, 2007, 09:56 PM
chances are that it does ruin the current ringtone support.

WorthBak
Nov 8, 2007, 09:56 PM
On the restore button do this: Option/Alt + Click, it will ask for the file. Go to the zip file and iTunes will do the rest.

chr1s60
Nov 8, 2007, 09:58 PM
A few people have commented over at Engadget that iToner still works, but I am yet to see any official verification.

WorthBak
Nov 8, 2007, 09:58 PM
Why don't you just wait until it's officially released on iTunes.

why not? plus, i haven't hacked my iphone, i don't have to worry about the update breaking anything...

ghall
Nov 8, 2007, 09:59 PM
Mwahaha!!! I'm downloading now. Anyone notice any improved stability?

nickspohn
Nov 8, 2007, 10:01 PM
Okay how do us Window users update...

firstapple
Nov 8, 2007, 10:03 PM
How about the ability to sync notes to the new iTunes 7.5 (or ANY new functionality for that matter)? If this happens then great... if not then a useless update for :apple:

International keyboard is great... but definitely no where near being better then third party apps and customization of my own phone.

WorthBak
Nov 8, 2007, 10:03 PM
here's a picture of itunes once it's updated...
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5567/picture2as5.png
notice the battery icon in the source list

cshale210
Nov 8, 2007, 10:04 PM
is there any reason that apple has not made horizonatal keybord?? Its seems so simple to do yet for some reason there is no sign

firstapple
Nov 8, 2007, 10:07 PM
I would say main reason for no horizontal keyboard is because it covers up too much of the screen and you wouldn't be able to see any text. That is the only holdback I see on that one...

By the way, how is adding a battery icon to iTunes an updated feature??? Big deal, or you could just push the one button on the phone and see what the icon is on there... :rolleyes:

overcast
Nov 8, 2007, 10:07 PM
why not? plus, i haven't hacked my iphone, i don't have to worry about the update breaking anything...
Because they we all have to listen to all of you complainers when something goes horribly wrong with downloading a firmware off of a website. Get it?

WorthBak
Nov 8, 2007, 10:09 PM
Because they we all have to listen to all of you complainers when something goes horribly wrong with downloading a firmware off of a website. Get it?

well i had no problems, so no complaining here.

nickspohn
Nov 8, 2007, 10:10 PM
Anyone know how to do this on a Windows machine...

WorthBak
Nov 8, 2007, 10:10 PM
By the way, how is adding a battery icon to iTunes an updated feature??? Big deal, or you could just push the one button on the phone and see what the icon is on there... :rolleyes:

more of just an interesting addition, not really a new "feature" :)

macidiot
Nov 8, 2007, 10:14 PM
is there any reason that apple has not made horizonatal keybord?? Its seems so simple to do yet for some reason there is no sign

I'm with you on that. This feature shouldn't be that hard to do, considering some of the apps already have it.

And how about fixing the retarded call list? There should be tabs for All Calls, Missed Calls, Received Calls, and DIALED CALLS. Considering cell phones have pretty much had this since about oh, 2000, I can't figure out what Apple's malfunction is with this.

It would be nice if Apple provided an update with some actual improvements rather than DRM-ish controls...

CADer
Nov 8, 2007, 10:21 PM
So does this mean that I am restoring it to 1.1.2 and I will lose all my notes and settings?

Tramjaw
Nov 8, 2007, 10:22 PM
Anyone know how to do this on a Windows machine...

shift + click.

WorthBak
Nov 8, 2007, 10:22 PM
here are a few (poor quality) shots of my iphone with the new update:
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9105/photo26aa4.jpg
now separates custom ringtones from normal ones
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6130/photo25os7.jpg
german language support :) danke sch÷n!
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6761/photo24co2.jpg
ipod auf deutsch
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6721/photo23fj3.jpg
unlock screen
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8531/photo22mr6.jpg
main screen in german (sorry, bad picture)

firstapple
Nov 8, 2007, 10:27 PM
There is a post over on TUAW that it took care of one iphone user's negative black screen problem. Any others confirming this?

tooshaggy
Nov 8, 2007, 10:34 PM
Can Anyone Confirm Itoner Works??????

iJesus
Nov 8, 2007, 10:35 PM
So.... how exactly do I put this on my iPhone?

:-P

I really don't know
someone help me?

John Musbach
Nov 8, 2007, 10:35 PM
Apple has posted the download links to the iPhone 1.1.2 firmware and can be downloaded direct:

iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-4037.20071107.5Bghn/iPhone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw)

iTunes has yet to reflect the new firmware, but some adventurous souls have downloaded the link manually to upgrade their iPhone.

Apple is releasing a iPhone SDK, I'd just wait it out at this point myself

pfish
Nov 8, 2007, 10:36 PM
It works.

WorthBak
Nov 8, 2007, 10:40 PM
So.... how exactly do I put this on my iPhone?

:-P

I really don't know
someone help me?

just download the file linked in the macrumors article, then plug in your iphone, then opt+click "check for updates". choose the zip file you just downloaded at the prompt, and let itunes do the rest.

DaftUnion
Nov 8, 2007, 10:40 PM
This is the first update that I'm NOT putting on my phone. I only speak english (and some bad spanish) so this is totally pointless.

firstapple
Nov 8, 2007, 10:41 PM
people are also confirming the negative screen fix on engadget. I am hoping to see some people here confirm this as well. Also, if you could leave the screen you have as well as week of your phone that would be great!

WannaGoMac
Nov 8, 2007, 10:42 PM
I don't own an iPhone.
However, what a boring update. Not one new feature that matters...

iJesus
Nov 8, 2007, 10:42 PM
just download the file linked in the macrumors article, then plug in your iphone, then opt+click "check for updates". choose the zip file you just downloaded at the prompt, and let itunes do the rest.

You're amazing :-)

kainjow
Nov 8, 2007, 10:45 PM
This is the first update that I'm NOT putting on my phone. I only speak english (and some bad spanish) so this is totally pointless.

It will also contain bug fixes, so I'd suggest upgrading.

I'm sure Safari is snappier as well ;)

I don't own an iPhone.
However, what a boring update. Not one new feature that matters...

Yeah, who cares about international support. :rolleyes:

jersey
Nov 8, 2007, 10:46 PM
Lackluster.

FreeState
Nov 8, 2007, 10:48 PM
Lackluster.

What else do you expect from a .X.X release. Now if it was 1.2.0 then I could see wanting new amazing things from it instead of boring mundane fixes.

jersey
Nov 8, 2007, 10:50 PM
What else do you expect from a .X.X release. Now if it was 1.2.0 then I could see wanting new amazing things from it instead of boring mundane fixes.

I know ...... but you'd of thought they could have tossed us a tiny cookie at least. Multiple languages really dont do it for me......

212rikanmofo
Nov 8, 2007, 10:50 PM
itoner still works with 1.1.2 no problems at all! it puts all of my ringtones in a new section called custom now! Awesome... :)

tricil
Nov 8, 2007, 10:56 PM
so far playing iPod and surfing the web has not reset the iPod as of yet!

PoitNarf
Nov 8, 2007, 10:58 PM
802.1x? WPA Enterprise? Please???? Anyone check?

kagharaht
Nov 8, 2007, 11:02 PM
I brought up a picture of my wife that I had taken of her back side. I can now pinch her behind and to my surprise she can feel it. Thats just awesome!!

Okay just kidding. All these updates and what I really need is a to do list and notes. Not to forget everything else cheaper smartphones have that can run circles around the iPhone.

nickspohn
Nov 8, 2007, 11:03 PM
Holy **** people were right...this thing is much faster.

macrlz9
Nov 8, 2007, 11:03 PM
I can confirm that the bug where the shift key would stick when entering passwords is fixed!!! ( and no i'm not talking about the "caps lock" feature)

e.m.
Nov 8, 2007, 11:04 PM
is Japanese one of the new international languages?

Veritas&Equitas
Nov 8, 2007, 11:04 PM
what I really need is a to do list and notes
x2

This alone would make me 99% happy with my iPhone. I mean seriously, how hard can it be to integrate w/Notes in Mail.app and make a freakin' To-Do list?

mac-convert
Nov 8, 2007, 11:06 PM
My iPhone is not jailbroke or hacked in any way and on 1.1.1, but I think I'll let this update get tested for a while before I jump on it. I haven't seen anything yet to get me to go with it. It does, evidently, fix the tiff hole in Safari.

macenforcer
Nov 8, 2007, 11:08 PM

Thats the whole point. This release should be 1.2

psingh01
Nov 8, 2007, 11:09 PM
Is there a link to an apple document? I would rather that then a direct link to a download....

noriyori
Nov 8, 2007, 11:09 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

...at least not yet.

anyway this update doesn't seem to bring any substantial updates that are worth breaking the jailbreak.

Veritas&Equitas
Nov 8, 2007, 11:10 PM
I haven't seen anything yet to get me to go with it.
For me, there is a noticeable performance increase in speed. I think this alone was enough for me to upgrade...of course the only 3rd party app I use is iToner...so it's not like I was worried about anything else.

4830Deuce
Nov 8, 2007, 11:11 PM
Updates always make it seem faster.... then two days later it seems to bog down... so yeah it feels a lot faster, mail seems more stable when opening attachments, ect. But it was like that for the first day with 1.1.1 and then it went back to its old ****ed up mail self again... ugh... I really wish apple would just get the actual features of this phone working... Then add Itunes WI-FI money maker...

hirshnoc
Nov 8, 2007, 11:12 PM
Help!

I download the new 1.1.2 software, but Safari automatically unzips it and iTunes can't read it. Any suggestions?

I've tried re-compressing but my phone got completely reset and there was an error.

mac-convert
Nov 8, 2007, 11:13 PM
For me, there is a noticeable performance increase in speed. I think this alone was enough for me to upgrade...of course the only 3rd party app I use is iToner...so it's not like I was worried about anything else.

What/where are you seeing a speed increase?

Yes, I did try out iToner, and it looks like they got a reprieve this time. They deserved it!

Mykbibby
Nov 8, 2007, 11:13 PM

Youre a macrumors demigod, and youre running Windows?

hanschien
Nov 8, 2007, 11:16 PM
Help!

I download the new 1.1.2 software, but Safari automatically unzips it and iTunes can't read it. Any suggestions?

I've tried re-compressing but my phone got completely reset and there was an error.

Check the Trash for the .zip file.

gceo
Nov 8, 2007, 11:17 PM
Resetting the iPhone makes it faster. Not so much the update.

Veritas&Equitas
Nov 8, 2007, 11:18 PM
Resetting the iPhone makes it faster. Not so much the update.
Wrong.

I've reset mine numerous times, and this is completely different. The actual performance is faster (i.e. going from one app to another, etc.).

tooshaggy
Nov 8, 2007, 11:19 PM
There is hope for Apple after all.
iTONER WORKS!!!!!!!!!!There is hope for Apple after all.
iTONER WORKS!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

HailToTheVictor
Nov 8, 2007, 11:20 PM
Stuck at the library doing stats hw and no cables, I'll update in the morning.

p.s. did anyone else see the OJ preliminary hearing today where one of the attorneys pulled out his iPhone to show a website and then he hooked it up to the projector, but first another attorney had to 'check it out' because he had not played with an iPhone yet, love it.

tozfeekum
Nov 8, 2007, 11:21 PM
Help!

i don't know if you did this but
after you re-compress it rename it to a .ipsw

cjmal

while on the summary screen press shift+ctrl and it will bring up a browse window, just select it and hit ok.

dmarkman
Help!

try to uncheck open safe file after downloading in Safari preferences

chr1s60
Nov 8, 2007, 11:22 PM
Help!

Go in Safari preferences and uncheck the option that says something along the lines of "automatically open safe files after downloading."

cjmal
Nov 8, 2007, 11:24 PM
There is a post over on TUAW that it took care of one iphone user's negative black screen problem. Any others confirming this?

if anything, it made mine worse.

ortuno2k
Nov 8, 2007, 11:27 PM
I did a manual check from iTunes but still no new update for me. I also went to Software Updates and didn't detect anything either.
I guess until it shows up...no hurry here.

Matthew Yohe
Nov 8, 2007, 11:28 PM
I can confirm 802.1X or any enterprise WiFi authentication has not been added.

psingh01
Nov 8, 2007, 11:29 PM
mine is downloading the update from itunes now.

tricil
Nov 8, 2007, 11:29 PM
so far playing iPod and surfing the web has not reset the iPod as of yet!

EDIT:: macrumors of all places (haha) made my iPod crash!

i hate this bug =(

MacFly123
Nov 8, 2007, 11:31 PM
I would say main reason for no horizontal keyboard is because it covers up too much of the screen and you wouldn't be able to see any text. That is the only holdback I see on that one...

It works fine with Safari! It really wouldn't be a problem and I think that it is PATHETIC that they didn't add that in the first update since typing was by far the biggest criticism of the phone even before it was released. I thought to myself then.... Oh... of course they will fix that in the first update since every critic in the world is ripping on the typing, BUT NOOOOO! STUPID :mad:

somberlaine
Nov 8, 2007, 11:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

why doesn't apple release this update thru iTunes from the get go?

megfilmworks
Nov 8, 2007, 11:35 PM
There is hope for Apple after all.
iTONER WORKS!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I have a feeling that iToner (and maybe a few other popular apps) will have a chance to develop officially for the iPhone next year and maybe this is a way to unofficially endorse the "unofficial beta". Just guessing.

mac-convert
Nov 8, 2007, 11:37 PM
mine is downloading the update from itunes now.

I'm in the PST - Pacific Northwest - not available yet in iTunes on my connection.

Veritas&Equitas
Nov 8, 2007, 11:38 PM
I have a feeling that iToner (and maybe a few other popular apps) will have a chance to develop officially for the iPhone next year and maybe this is a way to unofficially endorse the "unofficial beta". Just guessing.
Nah, most of the record company's still have Apple by the balls when it comes to the ringtones...no way they would offer the ability to make your own through a 3rd party, labels want some of that cut.

alljunks
soo tempting....international keybaord...

firstapple
Sounds like the touch may support calendar editing now too... I don't know since I don't have one, but that is what I saw on TUAW

e.m.
Nov 8, 2007, 11:41 PM
soo tempting....international keybaord...

Can someone with 1.1.2 please check to see if Japanese is one of the new languages supported now? I hope it's not only European languages as it's being released in Europe and not Japan yet.

psingh01
Nov 8, 2007, 11:46 PM
I'm in the PST - Pacific Northwest - not available yet in iTunes on my connection.

I'm in Central Time. I first tried updating from the linked file but it didn't work. I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in and itunes said the phone was in restore mode or something. Then started downloading 1.1.2 update. Maybe I just triggered it??

Sorry no Japanese. I only see English, French, German and Italian.

cjmal
Nov 8, 2007, 11:47 PM
Can someone with 1.1.2 please check to see if Japanese is one of the new languages supported now? I hope it's not only European languages as it's being released in Europe and not Japan yet.

The only languages are english, french, dutch and italian.

Matthew Yohe
Nov 8, 2007, 11:48 PM
International keyboards

English
English (UK)
French
German
Italian

also there is a an area to pick an "Asian font"
The two options are "Chinese and Japanese". After selecting one of these, the phone says "Setting Asian Font" and vibrates twice, and goes back to the homescreen

megfilmworks
Nov 8, 2007, 11:49 PM
Nah, most of the record company's still have Apple by the balls when it comes to the ringtones...no way they would offer the ability to make your own through a 3rd party, labels want some of that cut.
You may be right but I think Apple has the upper hand with ATT and they can do what they like with apps, both in house and 3rd party. IMHO, keeping my fingers crossed.

e.m.
Nov 8, 2007, 11:50 PM
Sorry no Japanese. I only see English, French, German and Italian.

The only languages are english, french, dutch and italian.

:( I was hoping they wouldn't do that.... Thanks for checking. That's a major bummer....

firstapple
Nov 8, 2007, 11:52 PM
They have an option for chinese or japanese font... but I have no clue what that means...

Also, there is still the 2-3 second lag when opening SMS
:rolleyes:

e.m.
Nov 8, 2007, 11:53 PM
International keyboards
also there is a an area to pick an "Asian font"
The two options are "Chinese and Japanese". After selecting one of these, the phone says "Setting Asian Font" and vibrates twice, and goes back to the homescreen

:eek:

What's that mean? Does that mean I can type in Japanese? Because I don't mind the phone OS running in English at all. I just want to be able to type emails and google searches in Japanese.

I really hope that's the case.

psingh01
Nov 8, 2007, 11:53 PM
the asian fonts are probably for websites

e.m.
Nov 8, 2007, 11:54 PM
the asian fonts are probably for websites

but the iPhone displayed Japanese sites fine before. Can anyone post if this is for input?

r21hugo
Nov 8, 2007, 11:56 PM
so when people say their phone or ipod touch are running faster, what does this mean? like with a lot of the applications running at the same time aka multitasking or while doing just one thing at a time?

snchpnz
Nov 8, 2007, 11:57 PM
FYI iphoneringtonemaker also works with 1.1.2

pwalkin
Nov 8, 2007, 11:59 PM
If you go to Settings/Sounds/Ringtones you will now see a Custom Ringtones section! I don't remember seeing that in 1.1.1.:)

Paul

mac-convert
Nov 9, 2007, 12:02 AM
If you go to Settings/Sounds/Ringtones you will now see a Custom Ringtones section! I don't remember seeing that in 1.1.1.:)

Paul

Do you have any installed, or is what you are seeing a place holder for them?

Bostonian1976
Nov 9, 2007, 12:02 AM
did mine and now there is 1.66 of "other" and not enough room for most of my photos. wtf

Jade Cambell
Nov 9, 2007, 12:03 AM
It gave me an error and said it couldn't update the iPhone.

When Safari download's the update, it unzip's it automatically, so to turn it back into a zip file that iTunes could read, I had to manually re-zip it in the finder. I assume this is why it didn't work.

Iroganai
Nov 9, 2007, 12:04 AM
but the iPhone displayed Japanese sites fine before. Can anyone post if this is for input?
Well, Japanese version and Chinese version of Chinese characters have slight variation in the glyphs even though they share the same Unicode code points, so I guess you can now choose which you prefer.

As a Japanese speaker I waited for 1.1.2 update before Jailbreaking
just to see if it enables Japanese keyboard.
It seems now I need to Jailbreak my 1.1.1 iPhone :cool:

Anyway, it's really stupid of Apple of not enabling all international keyboards iPhone has. iPod Touch already has Japanese keyboards, for example. Why can't you use these other keyboards in iPhone ? Why ?

e.m.
Nov 9, 2007, 12:09 AM
Well, Japanese version and Chinese version of Chinese characters have slight variation in the glyphs even though they share the same Unicode code points, so I guess you can now choose which you prefer.

Anyway, it's really stupid of Apple of not enabling all international keyboards iPhone has. iPod Touch already has Japanese keyboards, for example. Why can't you use these other keyboards in iPhone ? Why ?

Exactly. Why???

Is Japanese input an option with a jailbroken iPhone?

r21hugo
Nov 9, 2007, 12:12 AM
Exactly. Why???

i have an ipod, maybe if your iphone is jailbroken i can send you the japanese input file from my ipod touch, you would have to tell me where to look for it.

bondsbw
Nov 9, 2007, 12:13 AM
It gave me an error and said it couldn't update the iPhone.

When Safari download's the update, it unzip's it automatically, so to turn it back into a zip file that iTunes could read, I had to manually re-zip it in the finder. I assume this is why it didn't work.

Same happened here, but the iPhone had already started the update... so I got a screen showing the connector with an arrow pointing up to the iTunes icon and it won't do anything else, even after restarting the phone. And then, iTunes crashed, and has crashed every time I plugged the phone up (even after reboots).

I'm on Leopard, iTunes 1.5.

I just tried restoring it in Windows XP in iTunes 7.3.2.6, no luck, same thing (except iTunes isn't crashing).

HELP!!!

e.m.
Nov 9, 2007, 12:17 AM
i have an ipod, maybe if your iphone is jailbroken i can send you the japanese input file from my ipod touch, you would have to tell me where to look for it.

Hey, thanks for the offer, but I don't have an iPhone yet. I've been waiting until they support Japanese input... If this is a possibility though, I might just have to get it... ;)

r21hugo
Nov 9, 2007, 12:18 AM
Hey, thanks for the offer, but I don't have an iPhone yet. I've been waiting until they support Japanese input... If this is a possibility though, I might just have to get it... ;)

yeah, i want to get an iphone so bad. stupid verizon contract!

Matthew Yohe
Nov 9, 2007, 12:20 AM

Can you confirm 1.1.2 adds Calendar editing support?

bubbahotep68
Nov 9, 2007, 12:21 AM

No Japanese input support yet... unless I am overlooking something.

Go to Settings→General→International→Language and your options are: English, Franšais, Deutsch and Italiano.

Go to Settings→General→International→Keyboards and your options are: English, English (U.K.), French, German, Italian.

Go to Settings→General→International→Region Format and you will see a plethora of options, including several Asian options, but Japan is not one of them.

Go to Settings→General→Keyboard→International Keyboards and your options are: English, English (U.K.), French, German, Italian.

Nothing under Safari or Mail settings for Japanese input.

With the International Keyboards enabled, a small button with a, "globe," icon appears next to the space bar. Tapping this button cycles through the keyboard layouts. Japanese is not one of the options. (Not surprising.)

If you visit a Japanese website and cycle through the keyboard layouts, not one of the options is Japanese. (Disappointing, but not surprising.)

So it does not appear that Japanese input is supported yet.

Switching the Asian font under Settings→General→International does not seem to make any difference for text input options, nor does it seem to make any difference on rendering Japanese websites.

:mad:

r21hugo
Nov 9, 2007, 12:21 AM

oh no, sorry, i have 1.1.1

Claypidgeon
Nov 9, 2007, 12:24 AM
I just installed the update using the "restore" method in iTunes, although in retrospect i should have waited for the "update" option. It kept all of my photos on the iPhone intact, but I lost all of my keychain data for wifi networks i had connected to in the past, and it lost all of the gmail IMAP account and settings. Time to perform some data entry :-(

EDIT: The Gmail loss was just because "gmail" was no longer checked as an account to sync in iTunes for some reason. I checked it, re-synced, and that's all set now.

Veritas&Equitas
Nov 9, 2007, 12:25 AM
Yes it does.

chr1s60
Nov 9, 2007, 12:26 AM

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think there is a reason Apple is only unlocking certain keyboards. I think they are waiting for iPhone to be released in a country that needs a certain keyboard before actually releasing it. I am guessing they are thinking it will keep people from buying and unlocking phones to use in those countries.

fa.ce
Nov 9, 2007, 12:27 AM
Hi,
someone can confirm (apart the italian keybord) that italian language is now fully supported (dictionary included) ?
Thank you

mac-convert
Nov 9, 2007, 12:28 AM
Same happened here, but the iPhone had already started the update... so I got a screen showing the connector with an arrow pointing up to the iTunes icon and it won't do anything else, even after restarting the phone. And then, iTunes crashed, and has crashed every time I plugged the phone up (even after reboots).

I'm on Leopard, iTunes 1.5.

I just tried restoring it in Windows XP in iTunes 7.3.2.6, no luck, same thing (except iTunes isn't crashing).

HELP!!!

Did you put your ipsw file in your Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/ folder? (on the mac)

bondsbw
Nov 9, 2007, 12:29 AM
Just downgraded to 7.4.2 on the Mac... still crashes... still stuck... crap!

fa.ce
Nov 9, 2007, 12:29 AM
Any news about To Do and Notes ?
Leo 10.5.1 should implement that too and hope to know if 1.1.2 makes some enhancements in that direction too ...

bubbahotep68
Nov 9, 2007, 12:32 AM

Not to pick nits, but the iPhone does not have a particular International keyboard until Apple gives the iPhone that particular International keyboard. ;)

The biggest reason that the iPod Touch has support for Japanese input is that the iPod Touch is on sale in Japan. As such, the device HAS to have Japanese input as well as supporting the Japanese language.

Sadly, the iPhone is only available in the U.S. for the moment, soon to be followed by the U.K., Germany and France. As such, it HAS to support those languages. Since the iPhone is not on sale in Japan just yet (heck, it does not even work in Japan at all), the iPhone does not HAVE to support Japanese. So it doesn't.

I am not saying that is right or wrong, and I am certainly not defending it since I am also in need of Japanese input and have been waiting for it since the iPod Touch was announce; however, that is the rationale on Apple's part for not enabling that feature just yet.

e.m.
Nov 9, 2007, 12:34 AM

Go to Settings?General?International?Language and your options are: English, Franšais, Deutsch and Italiano.

Go to Settings?General?International?Keyboards and your options are: English, English (U.K.), French, German, Italian.

Go to Settings?General?International?Region Format and you will see a plethora of options, including several Asian options, but Japan is not one of them.

Go to Settings?General?Keyboard?International Keyboards and your options are: English, English (U.K.), French, German, Italian.

With the International Keyboards enabled, a small button with a, "globe," icon appears next to the space bar. Tapping this button cycles through the keyboard layouts. Japanese is not one of the options. (Not surprising.)

If you visit a Japanese website and cycle through the keyboard layouts, not one of the options is Japanese. (Disappointing, but not surprising.)

Switching the Asian font under Settings?General?International does not seem to make any difference for text input options, nor does it seem to make any difference on rendering Japanese websites.

Thank you for the detailed info. I appreciate it.

This really sucks. :mad:

Apparently 1.1.1 supported (http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/mobile/articles/0710/01/news118.html) (link in Japanese) Japanese input on select sites. I wonder if this is still working?

BigDaddy5
Nov 9, 2007, 12:35 AM
Hi,
someone can confirm (apart the italian keybord) that italian language is now fully supported (dictionary included) ?
Thank you

Yes it is fully supported. I haven't tried a lot of italian words, as I'm not fluent, but it was able to correct my spelling quite a bit. The icons are all in italian, as well.

Drumjim85
Nov 9, 2007, 12:35 AM
I just installed the update using the "restore" method in iTunes, although in retrospect i should have waited for the "update" option. It kept all of my photos on the iPhone intact, but I lost all of my keychain data for wifi networks i had connected to in the past, and it lost all of the gmail IMAP account and settings. Time to perform some data entry :-(

huh ... i didn't lose anything when i updated....

~J~
Nov 9, 2007, 12:41 AM
So no one has lost their iToner ringtones, right???? Thats my biggest concern... and I still dont see it on the US iTunes...

cybereal
Nov 9, 2007, 12:41 AM

i hate this bug =(

I know everyone thinks this is a bug but, I'm sorry, it isn't.

It isn't desirable outcome, but it is still intentional. When you're using an app, it has priority of memory (a very limited resource on this kind of device) and if it needs more memory than what is available, the apps in the background begin to close.

What you're seeing is a memory hungry app pushing iPod off the table, basically.

It would be kind of nice if you could lock iPod in, so the foreground app would just run out of memory, but, this is a question of preference, not a hard and fast error in functionality.

firstapple
Nov 9, 2007, 12:43 AM
Looks like it has already been hacked... At least the iPod touch has. Assuming the iPhone will be the same. Over at TUAW

mac-convert
Nov 9, 2007, 12:44 AM
So no one has lost their iToner ringtones, right???? Thats my biggest concern... and I still dont see it on the US iTunes...

All reports are the iToner still works. One person in another thread said that this even revived the ringtones that he/she put there with the file rename hacks.

Oh - still not here in the Pacific Time Zone. I suspect that this is just a preliminary move by Apple to get ready for the launch in the UK.

suneohair
Nov 9, 2007, 12:46 AM
日本語でキーボードしたいよ!早くアプール!

Claypidgeon
Nov 9, 2007, 12:50 AM
huh ... i didn't lose anything when i updated....

Oops, my mistake :-) The wifi networks were really all gone, but the Gmail was just a case where it had been unchecked as a "sync" item in iTunes for some reason :-) Off to correct my first post...

catskinsox
Nov 9, 2007, 12:53 AM
There was a bug in 1.1.1 and prior where audiobooks would sometimes lose their place and restart at the beginning. I knew exactly how to reproduce the problem. It *appears* this has been fixed in 1.1.2, given my limited testing so far. I am VERY happy about this.

Carl

bondsbw
Nov 9, 2007, 12:54 AM
OK... whew! I don't have to go to the Apple store with a bricked phone.

iTunes 7.5 installed on my Windows box was able to restore the new 1.1.2 firmware! But all the settings were gone. I connected it back to my Mac and am syncing it now.

By the way... this was all done on a completely UNMODIFIED iPhone.

bondsbw
Nov 9, 2007, 01:00 AM
Did you put your ipsw file in your Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/ folder? (on the mac)

No, I didn't. Safari unzipped it into a folder, which I then zipped back up and applied with option+click on the Restore button. It appeared to be working until the point that it gave the error.

I just did finish syncing the phone, and everything is working perfectly well now.

:)

But :mad: for keeping me up an extra hour....

alexdudman
Nov 9, 2007, 01:08 AM
Does iNdepencence still work in any way whether it just be "Activating" iPhone or the full jalebreak?
Does the iPhone brick if you try to downgrade it from 1.1.2 back to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2?

PLEASE CONFIRM!

metoo6000
Nov 9, 2007, 01:10 AM
Does iNdepencence still work in any way whether it just be "Activating" iPhone or the full jalebreak?
Does the iPhone brick if you try to downgrade it from 1.1.2 back to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2?

PLEASE CONFIRM!

+1

I wanna know whether or not we could downgrade from 1.1.2 back to 1.1.1.

powerbook911
Nov 9, 2007, 01:13 AM
I put 1.1.2 on my phone. They need a way to pull the languages off. They are taking up almost 200 MB.

Furthermore, it does *not* fix the negative black issue.

Otherwise, it's a trouble free update. i had unmodified phone.

Jphillippe
Nov 9, 2007, 01:15 AM
This update is a total piece of crap..Its not too convincing to make me erase my songs and upload all over again. I have 1.1.1 super happy, with 3rd party applications. And by the way appsnap has international keyboard with many more languages, mine has all features labeled in italian, and keyboard support is in spanish, english, and italian. I also used the jailbreakme.com to get tiff exploit solution, and i you hacked with another feature they still have the bug fix available. SO I have all the features from 1.1.2 and more. SO apple I'll be using your next update in February, when I have copy and paste, flash, instant messenger, mms, and games.

macduke
Nov 9, 2007, 01:18 AM
...SO apple I'll be using your next update in February, when I have copy and paste, flash, instant messenger, mms, and games.

In MY dreams!!

mrtravel123
Nov 9, 2007, 01:20 AM
EASY update to install manually. So easy.

My favorite updated feature = when you e-mail a photo from your iPhone it no longer returns you to the home screen! You stay on the picture! (This is what it did up until the LAST update).

This one update makes me very happy!

In general some functions seem to be running more quickly... but I could be imagining this.

metoo6000
Nov 9, 2007, 01:22 AM
Information from http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15041&page=2

-----------------------------------------------------
Whats new in 1.1.2

- Baseband firmware is now 04.02.13_G (Was 04.01.13_G in 1.1.1)

- Entering DFU mode is disabled. This was used to downgrade in 1.1.1

- After restoring with 1.1.1 firmware, just when its about to done, iTunes gives off error 1015

- *#307# and prefs:// still works and you can still access Safari

- jailbreakme.com now shows only a blue dot

- When you insert a non-ATT sim card and try to access the phone function, it will automatically crash

- The phone now detects if your using a TurboSIM

- You can receive calls after you upgrade when using TurboSIM but once you answer, you can't hang up as the phone function part of the phone has disappeared

- Independence does not work. When connected, you get the message "Unsupported version of phone firmware installed. Detected version is 1.1.2"

- When connected to iTunes 7.5 ONLY, it will indicate your battery status beside your iPhone icon

- Adding a symbolic link does not work before or after updating

- iToner still works

Downgrade to 1.0.2 works! (from hackintosh user crackn)

1. Downgrade to 1.1.1 in iTunes using the SHIFT and RESTORE method.
2. When "Verifying the Firmware" message comes up, hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons for 10 seconds.
3. Release the SLEEP button and keep holding the HOME button for 10 more seconds.
4. The phone will enter DFU mode and accept a downgrade to 1.0.2
5. Baseband remains 04.02.13_G after downgrade

- Upgrade to 1.1.1 is working even after error 1015 in iTunes
- Jailbreakme.com doesn't work after 1.1.2 -> 1.0.2 -> 1.1.1 process

We need to wait more... but seems not too far.

Jphillippe
Nov 9, 2007, 01:29 AM
In MY dreams!!

in mine too, haha lol i'm asking for too much from apple.

GO HACKERS...

laidbackliam
Nov 9, 2007, 01:35 AM
iToner works, that's the only 'hack' that i need.

and texting seems faster. the lag that was in 1.1.1 seems gone.

hopefully the issue i had with the ipod going out and safari crashing will go away. will know if that's true tomorrow after i've got some general usage

justflie
Nov 9, 2007, 01:38 AM
The good news is that my web browsing experience on EDGE is significantly faster, I would say at least twice as fast to download and display a page. This could be due to the fact that it is 2am and no one else is using the network so I'll have to try later in the day. The bad news is, while browsing at much higher speeds, my iPod crashed twice. Also, the keyboard, at least in landscape mode, is a little choppy.

jecapaga
Nov 9, 2007, 01:40 AM
For me iToner did not work after this update...ringtones wiped out totally. But I bought the iToner license now after seeing that there is a new "custom" ringtone area within the settings and it's now fully functional. iToner rings show up in a custom field. Very nice. Couldn't be happier that apple is finally recognizing this separate area/need for ringtones.

jecapaga
Nov 9, 2007, 01:44 AM
Still seems to be there..big lag since the last update.

icecone
Nov 9, 2007, 01:48 AM

Go to Settings→General→International→Language and your options are: English, Franšais, Deutsch and Italiano.

Go to Settings→General→International→Keyboards and your options are: English, English (U.K.), French, German, Italian.

Go to Settings→General→International→Region Format and you will see a plethora of options, including several Asian options, but Japan is not one of them.

Go to Settings→General→Keyboard→International Keyboards and your options are: English, English (U.K.), French, German, Italian.

Switching the Asian font under Settings→General→International does not seem to make any difference for text input options, nor does it seem to make any difference on rendering Japanese websites.

What about Traditional Chinese?
Are there an Asian fonts setting?
thanks

sh1n1gam1
Nov 9, 2007, 03:09 AM
Exactly. Why???

Yes, a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone supports all the language input options supported by the iPod touch. Japanese is one of them. ちなみにこの文章はiPhoneで入力しました。(^v^)

joshysquashy
Nov 9, 2007, 03:09 AM
Information from http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15041&page=2

Downgrade to 1.0.2 works! (from hackintosh user crackn)

1. Downgrade to 1.1.1 in iTunes using the SHIFT and RESTORE method.
2. When "Verifying the Firmware" message comes up, hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons for 10 seconds.
3. Release the SLEEP button and keep holding the HOME button for 10 more seconds.
4. The phone will enter DFU mode and accept a downgrade to 1.0.2
5. Baseband remains 04.02.13_G after downgrade

- Upgrade to 1.1.1 is working even after error 1015 in iTunes
- Jailbreakme.com doesn't work after 1.1.2 -> 1.0.2 -> 1.1.1 process

We need to wait more... but seems not too far.

Is this method 100% safe, or is there a chance it will cause problems with a 1.1.2 jailbreak when it arrives?

Compile 'em all
Nov 9, 2007, 03:19 AM
Yep, you read that right. 1.1.2 is officially jailbroken. I created a thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4467045#post4467045) where I will be posting updates as they come in.

Cleverboy
Nov 9, 2007, 05:06 AM
Apple is releasing a iPhone SDK, I'd just wait it out at this point myselfYup. With the TIFF exploit plugged, not really all THAT worthwhile.

~ CB

zedsdead
Nov 9, 2007, 05:48 AM
Did they fix the fact that Safari still crashes when you listen to the iPod at the same time...the bug has been around since day one.

ssajous
Nov 9, 2007, 05:54 AM
while on the summary screen press shift+ctrl and it will bring up a browse window, just select it and hit ok.

That did not work at all

Has anyone gotten it to work with windows?

twoodcc
Nov 9, 2007, 06:03 AM
so any new features added? nike+ support? or to-dos?

daneoni
Nov 9, 2007, 06:06 AM
If anything the update has just made me make two backup copies of 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 tucked away. No incentive for me to upgrade whatsoever.

bushman1
Nov 9, 2007, 06:08 AM
I have indepence can I update yo the 1.1.2 firmware. I know the tiff hack doesn't work anymore but i havent hre of independe. Ciuld someone pm me with the answer?

moki
Nov 9, 2007, 06:19 AM
Anyone have 1.1.2 on a phone they use with iToner? I would like to update my software, but I want to know if I am going to lose my ringtones.

We can confirm that iToner 1.0.4 works with the iPhone 1.1.2 OS in our testing.

There's a minor issue with iToner and iTunes 7.5, which in certain circumstances can make it seem like all of your iToner ringtones are gone, but just re-synching with iToner fixes this.

We have a more elegant solution in the wings, we'll release it next week after we do some more QA testing on it.

Island Dog
Nov 9, 2007, 06:22 AM
Still can't select multiple e-mails for deletion.....

Telp
Nov 9, 2007, 06:49 AM
Still can't select multiple e-mails for deletion.....

Or single texts.

DotComCTO
Nov 9, 2007, 06:51 AM
Moki/Andrew,

You and your crew rock! iToner is the only "hack" I need on my iPhone, and I'm glad Apple didn't shut the door on you guys.

:D

--DotComCTO

MacBoySeattle
Nov 9, 2007, 07:30 AM
Hack it again boys! Stupid Apple, when are you going to realize you can't f with all of us and you can't keep up. I WILL use the iphone with T-Mobile and you may as well get used to it. I'll switch to AT&T when you can pry my unlocked iphone out of my cold dead hands, and your profit sharing agreement with AT&T can be damned.

imacdaddy
Nov 9, 2007, 07:48 AM
As my title says..

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/11/09/1-1-2-ipod-touch-jailbroken-before-its-official-release/

It's just a matter of time for the iPhone 1.1.2 to have jailbreak!

Jocko
Nov 9, 2007, 07:50 AM
I know everyone thinks this is a bug but, I'm sorry, it isn't.

It isn't desirable outcome, but it is still intentional. When you're using an app, it has priority of memory (a very limited resource on this kind of device) and if it needs more memory than what is available, the apps in the background begin to close.

What you're seeing is a memory hungry app pushing iPod off the table, basically.

It would be kind of nice if you could lock iPod in, so the foreground app would just run out of memory, but, this is a question of preference, not a hard and fast error in functionality.Wow really? What's your source on that? You part of the iPhone dev team? You have a copy of the requirements doc? Or are you just guessing? It's odd since I'm trying to think of any other operating system (including Mac OS), that forcefully kills other processes to satisfy memory requests from another process instead of just failing the memory allocation request... hmm... drawing a blank here...

Personally, I'll keep waiting for this bug to be fixed.

diamond.g
Nov 9, 2007, 07:52 AM

i hate this bug =(

If you turn on Safari debug mode you will notice that macrumors generates about 100+ errors. iPhones Safari hates some of the tags that macrumors uses. Which is also why it takes a little while to load.

Compile 'em all
Nov 9, 2007, 08:09 AM
I have indepence can I update yo the 1.1.2 firmware. I know the tiff hack doesn't work anymore but i havent hre of independe. Ciuld someone pm me with the answer?

No. iNdepedence doesn't work. Wait for an update.

///mdriver
Nov 9, 2007, 08:12 AM
iPhone update is available in iTunes if you restore.

ibwb
Nov 9, 2007, 08:14 AM
It's odd since I'm trying to think of any other operating system (including Mac OS), that forcefully kills other processes to satisfy memory requests from another process instead of just failing the memory allocation request... hmm... drawing a blank here...

There's this upstart OS called Linux, you may have heard of it.

In a desktop or server it's rare to really run out of RAM, since you can make use of disk for swap. Linux by default (probably other systems too, but Linux is what I know) will allow allocations that it doesn't have the space for. Part of the reason for this is that applications regularly ask for more RAM than they every actually use, so the kernel oversells the capacity (kind of like your bank does with money). This leads to a need to kill processes if space runs out.

You can change this behavior so that the kernel will guarantee that RAM will be available if an allocation succeeds, but there's not much point. Very few applications are really written to handle a failed memory allocation well, and tend to abort -- well written apps do so cleanly.

Yixian
Nov 9, 2007, 08:18 AM
Is there any way of getting AppoloIM onto the new firmware then?

Compile 'em all
Nov 9, 2007, 08:22 AM
Is there any way of getting AppoloIM onto the new firmware then?

Now, no. Just wait for a day or two.

reubs
Nov 9, 2007, 08:24 AM
What's this about a modem update? Does that mean that the iPhone can be used as a modem, or was that always a possibility?

brn2ski00
Nov 9, 2007, 08:27 AM

Why do you have 2 iPhones?

Yixian
Nov 9, 2007, 08:29 AM
Now, no. Just wait for a day or two.

lol, seriously? It could be cracked that quick? Nice.

I'm picking up my iPhone tonight anyway, the basic features will entertain me until AppSnapp is jacked onto the new firmware, but I was looking forward to ApolloIM for MSN :(

mrbrown
Nov 9, 2007, 08:31 AM
What's this about a modem update? Does that mean that the iPhone can be used as a modem, or was that always a possibility?

The modem in this case refers to the GSM radio.

aricher
Nov 9, 2007, 08:34 AM
I don't mean to sound dumb but how exactly do you use this updater?

iMouse
Nov 9, 2007, 08:36 AM
I can confirm that the bug where the shift key would stick when entering passwords is fixed!!! ( and no i'm not talking about the "caps lock" feature)

Good! That bug was ANNOYING as all hell...

PoitNarf
Nov 9, 2007, 09:07 AM
I can confirm 802.1X or any enterprise WiFi authentication has not been added.

Bummer :(

SFC Archer
Nov 9, 2007, 09:11 AM
For those of you that have been whining and crying forever about ringtones and adding your own creations...IT NOW WORKS!

I had saved all of my converted to .m4r ringtones from the old 1.0.2 era and after each update have tried to install them.

Today after the the 1.1.2 install, I dragged all 5 of my favorite tones to the library, dropped them in and they automatically went to the ringtone folder. I then hit sync and they were transferred to the iPhone and WORK without any restrictions!!!

HOPE THIS MAKES YOUR RINGTONE DAY!!!

Good Luck and Enjoy:D

ssajous
Nov 9, 2007, 09:15 AM
I don't mean to sound dumb but how exactly do you use this updater?

same here, I am a windows user, I have the ipsw file, I read about this restore, but no one seems to want to give details about it. When I do alt+restore it tells me that it going back to factory settings, do I get to pick a restore files after that?

pacohaas
Nov 9, 2007, 09:17 AM
For those of you that have been whining and crying forever about ringtones and adding your own creations...IT NOW WORKS!

I had saved all of my converted to .m4r ringtones from the old 1.0.2 era and after each update have tried to install them.

Today after the the 1.1.2 install, I dragged all 5 of my favorite tones to the library, dropped them in and they automatically went to the ringtone folder. I then hit sync and they were transferred to the iPhone and WORK without any restrictions!!!

sweet, so iToner is now obsolete and we truly don't need to pay for custom ring tones!

cjmal
Nov 9, 2007, 09:26 AM
That did not work at all

Has anyone gotten it to work with windows?

What version of windows are you running? Thats exactly how I got it onto my phone.

Jocko
Nov 9, 2007, 09:27 AM

In a desktop or server it's rare to really run out of RAM, since you can make use of disk for swap. Linux by default (probably other systems too, but Linux is what I know) will allow allocations that it doesn't have the space for. Part of the reason for this is that applications regularly ask for more RAM than they every actually use, so the kernel oversells the capacity (kind of like your bank does with money). This leads to a need to kill processes if space runs out.

You can change this behavior so that the kernel will guarantee that RAM will be available if an allocation succeeds, but there's not much point. Very few applications are really written to handle a failed memory allocation well, and tend to abort -- well written apps do so cleanly.Yeah I think I remember hearing about Linux back in the 90s. A bunch of the other CS guys liked to tinker around with it when we were in college. I actually make a living as a software engineer, so I have no clue how Linux works. In Windows, if you try to allocate a rediculous amount of RAM (beyond the 4GB virtual memory space on 32-bit), it will simply fail. At no point does the OS randomly pick some arbitrary process to simply terminate. If it needs more physical RAM for the active process, it just swaps the memory of a non-active process out to disk. How on earth could a system work where your application is constantly in danger of being randomly terminated through no fault of it's own? What criteria would be used to choose the victims? That is the most rediculous concept I have ever heard. I would be shocked if this was actually how Linux worked by default.

Whatever the reason, the iPod app terminating while using Safari is a bug.

drummingcraig
Nov 9, 2007, 09:28 AM
OK...so I awake this morning and download 1.1.2 from the link at the top of this thread. I attempted the alt/option + click restore. It appeared to be going fine until all of the sudden I get the "connect to itunes logo image" on the iPhone. Then iTunes froze and I got the beach ball. At the time there was an activity window which said "Preparing iPhone for software upgrade"...

I waited and waited and nothing. So I tried to force quit iTunes....nothing. Then I resorted to restarting the whole thing, removed the phone from the dock, and tried again...only this is where it REALLY starts to suck...

Now, when I connect the iPhone to the computer...its not showing up in iTunes at all, and I am still getting the beach ball.

Someone PLEASE help me....WTH?!?!:mad:

Craig

ryanmcv
Nov 9, 2007, 09:32 AM
Windows Users:

You need to hold down the SHIFT key and then click on Restore in iTunes. This will bring up the box where you can select the 160mb file that you downloaded. :)

Hope this helps.

SFC Archer
Nov 9, 2007, 09:35 AM
Windows Users:

You need to hold down the SHIFT key and then click on Restore in iTunes. This will bring up the box where you can select the 160mb file that you downloaded. :)

Hope this helps.

I did this by holding Ctrl Shift and right clicking on Check for Update and restore went perfectly...It did take about 3-5 minutes to complete.

drummingcraig
Nov 9, 2007, 09:48 AM
OK...so I awake this morning and download 1.1.2 from the link at the top of this thread. I attempted the alt/option + click restore. It appeared to be going fine until all of the sudden I get the "connect to itunes logo image" on the iPhone. Then iTunes froze and I got the beach ball. At the time there was an activity window which said "Preparing iPhone for software upgrade"...

I waited and waited and nothing. So I tried to force quit iTunes....nothing. Then I resorted to restarting the whole thing, removed the phone from the dock, and tried again...only this is where it REALLY starts to suck...

Now, when I connect the iPhone to the computer...its not showing up in iTunes at all, and I am still getting the beach ball.

Someone PLEASE help me....WTH?!?!:mad:

Craig

OK....phew....back in busniess. I finally got iTunes to recognize that the iPhone was in "Recovery mode" and needed to be restored. So its now back up and running on 1.1.2.

Nice little morning scare...and I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee!:eek:

Craig

tom5304
Nov 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
So I come to this iPhone update thread using my iPhone, and Safari just randomly crashed when I first tried to post.

Then I restart Safari, and hyperlinking has frozen. I go to other web sites but hyperlinking won't work. First reboot of the day, but there are sure to be more.

To add insult to injury, I try to navigate to "Last Page" on this thread, and the blue iPod play arrow pops up spontaneously. To stop this battery-draining glitch, which is a known bug, I have to exit Safari, open iPod, choose a song, and then hit the stop button to make the blue arrow go away.

Now that I've finally made it to this iPhone update thread, allow me to ask Apple to kindly issue an update that fixes this buggy $400 device.

GTiPhone
Nov 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
This may be a dumb question from one iPhone user to others, but can I connect and sync my iPhone and NOT be forced to update?

(I have it set NOT to automatically check)

NYCphone
Nov 9, 2007, 10:00 AM
So I come to this iPhone update thread using my iPhone, and Safari just randomly crashed when I first tried to post.

Then I restart Safari, and hyperlinking has frozen. I go to other web sites but hyperlinking won't work. First reboot of the day, but there are sure to be more.

To add insult to injury, I try to navigate to "Last Page" on this thread, and the blue iPod play arrow pops up spontaneously. To stop this battery-draining glitch, which is a known bug, I have to exit Safari, open iPod, choose a song, and then hit the stop button to make the blue arrow go away.

Now that I've finally made it to this iPhone update thread, allow me to ask Apple to kindly issue an update that fixes this buggy $400 device.

Which firmware version are you running - I haven't updated to 1.1.2 yet and was really hoping that it would fix these kinds or problems!

pacohaas
Nov 9, 2007, 10:02 AM
Now that I've finally made it to this iPhone update thread, allow me to ask Apple to kindly issue an update that fixes this buggy $400 device.This is macrumors, not an Apple forum, you should make suggestions about the iPhone here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

pwalkin
Nov 9, 2007, 10:09 AM
Do you have any installed, or is what you are seeing a place holder for them?

Yes, I have 3 installed from iToner.

pacohaas
Nov 9, 2007, 10:14 AM
Yes, I have 3 installed from iToner.
shouldn't even need iToner now, I think Apple gave up and said we can create our own ringtones now by renaming to m4r and drag and drop, like in the old iTunes versions.

Compile 'em all
Nov 9, 2007, 10:18 AM
This may be a dumb question from one iPhone user to others, but can I connect and sync my iPhone and NOT be forced to update?

(I have it set NOT to automatically check)

Yes, you can connect your phone without being forced to update.

Consultant
Nov 9, 2007, 10:29 AM

Wondering if you can provide details such as:

Running Mac OS or windows
OS version
QuickTime version
iTunes version

SFC Archer
Nov 9, 2007, 10:34 AM
Wondering if you can provide details such as:

Running Mac OS or windows
OS version
QuickTime version
iTunes version

I am running Windows XP
The most recent version of iTunes/Quick Time 7.5.20 and whatever the new quick time is.
And just updated to 1.1.2

The ringtones installed with no issues except for one that I had to drag and drop into the ringtone folder in My Music. I have synced 4 times now and everything is still in place including the ones I assigned to a contact.
My iPhone has never been hacked (dont need it) and I have never used anything like iToner or iPhoneRingtoneMaker...figured if it didnt work or come with the phone...why bother.

Hope this helps...Good Luck

eisnach41
Nov 9, 2007, 10:36 AM
shouldn't even need iToner now, I think Apple gave up and said we can create our own ringtones now by renaming to m4r and drag and drop, like in the old iTunes versions.

i'm sure this is a dumb question, but i will ask it anyway.

so then in garage band i can edit a song down to the 30 seconds or less that i want and then save it as an m4r?

thanks

Virgil-TB2
Nov 9, 2007, 10:41 AM
... Devices in iTunes, battery icon shows up to indicate it charges. ...I think this may be at least partially wrong.

I don't have an iPhone, but I do have an iPod.

The battery charger indicator started showing up in the last iTunes update day before yesterday. I am fairly sure this is part of the iTunes software update and not the iPhone firmware update.

Iroganai
Nov 9, 2007, 10:41 AM
Since the iPhone is not on sale in Japan just yet (heck, it does not even work in Japan at all), the iPhone does not HAVE to support Japanese. So it doesn't.

I am not saying that is right or wrong, and I am certainly not defending it since I am also in need of Japanese input and have been waiting for it since the iPod Touch was announce; however, that is the rationale on Apple's part for not enabling that feature just yet.

Yeah, I can kind-of understand what Apple is thinking about this,
but even though I speak Japanese I'm living in the U.S. and have a contract with AT&T. (sorry for the shouting :p)

Can't we sue Apple for discriminating based on the language a person speaks ? Of course I'm joking, but I don't really understand why they are allowed not support Spanish here in the U.S.

I'll jailbreak my 1.1.1 in the weekend.
I wonder if 1.1.2 removed the secret support of non-officially-supported languages...

SFC Archer
Nov 9, 2007, 10:46 AM
I think this may be at least partially wrong.

I don't have an iPhone, but I do have an iPod.

The battery charger indicator started showing up in the last iTunes update day before yesterday. I am fairly sure this is part of the iTunes software update and not the iPhone firmware update.

Sorry to say...IT IS part of the iPhone update because it does not activate until you install version 1.1.2...I DO have an iPhone and sync it daily and it was not there yesterday and is today. My daughters new Nano also did show after update iTunes 7.5.20 so it requires BOTH updated to activate.

Good Luck

iMikeT
Nov 9, 2007, 10:50 AM
Just connected my iPhone to my Mac and iTunes still doesn't reflect the update. I'll try again tomorrow.

robshort
Nov 9, 2007, 10:53 AM
I downloaded the 1.1.2 update this morning from the link provided in the post and tried to update using the shift-click and pick the restore file method. Everything seemed to be going fine (iTunes was displaying a message about "preparing iPhone for restore") until iTunes displayed a message saying that it couldn't restore the phone (error 1604.)

I rebooted, tried restoring back to 1.1.1, soft-reset the phone, etc. Nothing would get the phone out of "recovery mode."

Out of desperation, I called apple. When they found out that I had downloaded the restore file FROM THE APPLE WEBSITE, they said it wasn't supported. When I explained that in a few hours that iTunes WOULD have downloaded the file on its own, he said it didn't matter.

So yeah. Do this update at your own risk, etc., etc.

Not that I shouldn't have known that before I did it.

Edit: The issue is fixed, btw. I removed the 1.1.2 file from the c:\documents and settings\my username\application data\apple computer\itunes\iphone software updates\ directory that I had downloaded and tried to restore again. iTunes said there was an update available and downloaded the 1.1.2 file again. This time the restore worked. I have no idea what was keeping it from working the first time.

Chupa Chupa
Nov 9, 2007, 10:53 AM

Can you elaborate? I had not read this was added back. Are you saying that with iTunes 7.5 and 1.1.2 you can do the m4r trick again?

Superchud
Nov 9, 2007, 10:54 AM
Still nothing in iTunes yet. Seems odd that they would make this downloadable with first packing it into iTunes for mass consumption. Anyone else able to update via the iTunes "Check for Update" module?

cameronjpu
Nov 9, 2007, 10:57 AM
Just ran the update on my Windows PC, unhacked iPhone, by shift clicking on check for updates. Pointed it to the downloaded file, and 5 minutes later it is done.

Now if they can get Safari and iPod to work simultaneously, and figure out why an appointment I put in at 4 PM on my iPhone shows up at 3 PM in outlook, and why something put in at 3 PM in outlook shows up at 4 PM on the phone. It's really screwing with me! I think it only started when daylight savings time switched over last week.

SFC Archer
Nov 9, 2007, 11:02 AM
Can you elaborate? I had not read this was added back. Are you saying that with iTunes 7.5 and 1.1.2 you can do the m4r trick again?

Yes...For me anyway...I have had no confirmation from others yet so waiting. I have posted this on page 7 of the forums and at the following link:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1229012&tstart=0

dfarrudajr
Nov 9, 2007, 11:10 AM
I have seen some screenshots of 1.1.2 and one thing I noticed is that the new key with a small globe that appears next to the space key on the iPhone keyboard (which lets you change the keyboard language) already appeared in some hacked iPhones before the update. I myself had installed a modified M68AP.plist (under /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app) that made the trick, but I ended up sticking to the original file once that I had no interest on the hack. Apparently, however, the modified file gave support to more languages than the official update, but I am not sure of it.

Chupa Chupa
Nov 9, 2007, 11:17 AM
Yes...For me anyway...I have had no confirmation from others yet so waiting. I have posted this on page 7 of the forums and at the following link:

Interesting. Hopefully there will be confirmation. For me that would be enough to upgrade.

jnolas2
Nov 9, 2007, 11:39 AM
Interesting. Hopefully there will be confirmation. For me that would be enough to upgrade.

I can say that I was able to successfully add ringtones through iTunes by renaming the file with the .m4r extension as well.

chr1s60
Nov 9, 2007, 11:46 AM
Still nothing in iTunes yet. Seems odd that they would make this downloadable with first packing it into iTunes for mass consumption. Anyone else able to update via the iTunes "Check for Update" module?

Nothing here on the west coast. I figured they would have released it in iTunes by now, but I guess not. Maybe they are waiting til 6pm in the UK before they release it in iTunes.

swordfish5736
Nov 9, 2007, 12:06 PM
this is odd...i checked for an update in itunes, nothing, so i downloaded it from here. Tried to load it on my unhacked iphone and it said unknown error, i got the itunes icon plus sync cable on the screen. Unplugged it and plugged it back in, itunes said you have just plugged a phone in recovery mode into the computer please click restore. I click restore and it says the latest version of the software v1.1.2 will be downloaded and installed.:rolleyes:

FreeState
Nov 9, 2007, 12:19 PM
I can say that I was able to successfully add ringtones through iTunes by renaming the file with the .m4r extension as well.

I also was able to put ringtones on my Phone using only iTunes by renaming the extension of a AAC file to .m4r. Works great - why buy iToner or anything when iTunes lets you add your own for free now?!?!? :)

swordfish5736
Nov 9, 2007, 12:21 PM
I also was able to put ringtones on my Phone using only iTunes by renaming the extension of a AAC file to .m4r. Works great - why buy iToner or anything when iTunes lets you add your own for free now?!?!? :)

are you in itunes 7.5 or still on the older version??

liberty4all
Nov 9, 2007, 12:23 PM
What iPhone really needs it full Exchange support (sync mail, calendar, to-dos and tasks), so poor souls at companies aren't pushed into getting a Blackberry instead!

FreeState
Nov 9, 2007, 12:24 PM

7.5 with 1.1.2

jnolas2
Nov 9, 2007, 12:25 PM

I'm using iTunes 7.5 and get ringtones working by renaming it to .m4r

liberty4all
Nov 9, 2007, 12:27 PM
I thought video out wasn't supported on the iPhone interface like Safari!?

Stuck at the library doing stats hw and no cables, I'll update in the morning.

p.s. did anyone else see the OJ preliminary hearing today where one of the attorneys pulled out his iPhone to show a website and then he hooked it up to the projector, but first another attorney had to 'check it out' because he had not played with an iPhone yet, love it.

liberty4all
Nov 9, 2007, 12:28 PM
Does AppTapp (Installer) get deleted by installing 1.1.2?

swordfish5736
Nov 9, 2007, 12:32 PM
7.5 with 1.1.2

I'm using iTunes 7.5 and get ringtones working by renaming it to .m4r

huh. That was the first thing i did. It threw them into the ringtones folder like it has before but they dont show up as options to put onto the phone

FreeState
Nov 9, 2007, 12:34 PM
huh. That was the first thing i did. It threw them into the ringtones folder like it has before but they dont show up as options to put onto the phone

Drop them into iTunes not the folder.

SFC Archer
Nov 9, 2007, 12:40 PM

When I discovered this, this morning, I had to do it two ways.

Most of my custom ringtones I was able to drag and drop into the iTunes Library "Music" folder.

One of them would not load so I went into my file system (for windows) My Documents/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Ringtones and just dropped the .m4r extension song into that folder, dbl clicked it and it popped into the Ringtones folder on iTunes. Now all of them play and sync normally.

Hope that helps,

Good Luck

swordfish5736
Nov 9, 2007, 12:40 PM
Drop them into iTunes not the folder.

i dont put them there itunes does. I usually will choose a song, make a copy of it, rename it m4r, then double click on it to add it to itunes. It then gets put into the ringtones section in itunes though wont appear under the ringtones section of my phone in itunes.

mashinhead
Nov 9, 2007, 12:42 PM
How about the ability to sync notes to the new iTunes 7.5 (or ANY new functionality for that matter)? If this happens then great... if not then a useless update for :apple:

agreed until that happens i won't update

liberty4all
See instructions here first:
http://www.tuaw.com/2007/11/09/iphone-testing-the-1-1-2-jailbreak/

Virgil-TB2
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

why doesn't apple release this update thru iTunes from the get go?They do, what we are dealing with here is a bunch of keeners who found it before it was officially released.

I can see why Apple has no sympathy in this case as why bother with possible problems just so you can install the update a few hours before the rest of the world? If your that hot for code, you should know that you are taking your own chances with the install.

The bottom line is the same as it's always been. If you are going to hack your iPhone, you're on your own for tech support. Makes sense to me. :)

Boomer85
Nov 9, 2007, 12:43 PM
No 1.1.2 update available yet in iTunes in the midwest...

I don't get it...just post the update, Apple!

I'm on a PC now and don't feel comfortable downloading the restore file for 1.1.2, then seeing it bomb, then restoring and getting prompted with 1.1.2. I had a bad experience having to restore when 1.1.1 came out...and don't wish to go through that again!

(hack-free iPhone, by the way)

Just post the d@mn thing will ya Apple...

FreeState
Nov 9, 2007, 12:45 PM
Opps I need to learn to read LOL...

swordfish5736
Nov 9, 2007, 12:48 PM

:rofl:

this is so not cool. I wwas able to get it to work right away last time the ringtone hack worked and i tried to help the ones that couldnt get it to work. Now im the one who cant get it to work:mad:

Boomer85
Nov 9, 2007, 12:48 PM

And type...opps?

rstansby
Nov 9, 2007, 12:51 PM
Check the Trash for the .zip file.

Thanks, I was having the same problem.

SFC Archer
Nov 9, 2007, 12:52 PM

this is so not cool. I wwas able to get it to work right away last time the ringtone hack worked and i tried to help the ones that couldnt get it to work. Now im the one who cant get it to work:mad:

Hey neighbor...read all of my posts and see if that will help. I have also posted here:

Good Luck

severe
Nov 9, 2007, 12:54 PM
The bottom line is the same as it's always been. If you are going to hack your iPhone, you're on your own for tech support. Makes sense to me.

There it is.

:)

carbonfly
Nov 9, 2007, 12:56 PM
I am also having a problem adding ringtones to my phone. I know SFC Archer was helping me over on apple support forums but I'll give it a shot here too....

1. I converted the mp3 to AAC using iTunes
2. Renamed it .m4r
3. Dropped it in iTunes
4. The ringtone showed up under the ringtone section in iTunes and in the Ringtone folder of my iTunes music.
5. The ringtone did NOT show up as a syncable ringtone in my iPhone Ringtones Tab
6. I told iTunes to sing my entire ringtone library to my iPhone
7. It did and now I can see the custom ringtone under the Ringtone section of my iPhone (but still not under the Ringtone Tab)
8. I go into the settings of my iPhone to set the custom ringtone and it is not there.

Any help?

FreeState
Nov 9, 2007, 12:57 PM

Try this and see if it works:

Spotlight search .AIFF

Copy any of the files to your desktop.

Drag the file into iTunes.

Command (Apple) click on the file and change the time to under 30 seconds in the appropriate panel.

Convert to AAC.

Drag the AAC file to your desktop. Rename the extension to .m4r.

Drag back into iTunes. Then sync your phone (be sure to check your ringtone settings as well to make sure you have selected it to sync).

kaeckisthename
Nov 9, 2007, 01:03 PM
does this work on windows as well?

SFC Archer
Nov 9, 2007, 01:03 PM
I am also having a problem adding ringtones to my phone. I know SFC Archer was helping me over on apple support forums but I'll give it a shot here too....

1. I converted the mp3 to AAC using iTunes
2. Renamed it .m4r
3. Dropped it in iTunes
4. The ringtone showed up under the ringtone section in iTunes and in the Ringtone folder of my iTunes music.
5. The ringtone did NOT show up as a syncable ringtone in my iPhone Ringtones Tab
6. I told iTunes to sing my entire ringtone library to my iPhone
7. It did and now I can see the custom ringtone under the Ringtone section of my iPhone (but still not under the Ringtone Tab)
8. I go into the settings of my iPhone to set the custom ringtone and it is not there.

Any help?

Try closing iTunes, let it set for a few minutes then reopen...also check the Ringtone folder in your iTunes Folders in your file system...make sure the ringtone is there and is only 30 sec long. It may have transferred to a different folder such as "unknown artist"

Hope that helps...I am helping you both places now. lol

carbonfly
Nov 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
Try closing iTunes, let it set for a few minutes then reopen...also check the Ringtone folder in your iTunes Folders in your file system...make sure the ringtone is there and is only 30 sec long. It may have transferred to a different folder such as "unknown artist"

Hope that helps...I am helping you both places now. lol

Jack Pot Baby!!!

I think the ringtone was too long. I looked at in and it was 34 seconds. So I cut it down and now it synced perfectly.

Thanks so much! :D

lshaner
Nov 9, 2007, 01:17 PM

Hmmm... My iPhone *always* seems faster after a full power cycle. Perhaps that's all you're experiencing?

Djmx
Nov 9, 2007, 01:26 PM
Wait, Does it kill 3rd party Apps? No one talked bout that here... :confused:

swordfish5736
Nov 9, 2007, 01:44 PM
Hey neighbor...read all of my posts and see if that will help. I have also posted here:

Good Luck

Thanks buddy. I had set all of the songs i wanted as ringtones down to 30 seconds but for some reason when they came up in itunes they would be longer than that. Like 31 or 32 which made them not show up:rolleyes:

lshaner
Nov 9, 2007, 01:45 PM

You can change this behavior so that the kernel will guarantee that RAM will be available if an allocation succeeds, but there's not much point. Very few applications are really written to handle a failed memory allocation well, and tend to abort -- well written apps do so cleanly.

Load of crap. The reason Linux and other UNIX's can allow an app to request more memory than there is physical RAM in the machine is because of the concept of Virtual Memory which allows pages to be swapped when not in use. But definitely it's the new process that tries to allocate beyond available VM that will fail to get the memory. The OS doesn't go killing other processes to satisfy some new process's request for more memory -- there'd be no way to protect that certain processes should never be killed and that'd result in a very worthless OS due to unpredictable behavior w.r.t. production services.

What you may have experienced is that some process that was started before is also asking for more memory and can't get it and doesn't deal with it gracefully so it bombs.

ortuno2k
Nov 9, 2007, 01:48 PM
After updating to this firmware, now iPhone has only 1 or 2 bars, where before i used to be nearly full all time time!
I've tried resetting and nothing has worked. Not sure what's going on...
I did the upgrade using my PeeCee running Windows at work - I'll try restoring it again this afternoon when I get home from my Mac..
:(

Boomer85
Nov 9, 2007, 01:52 PM
After updating to this firmware, now iPhone has only 1 or 2 bars, where before i used to be nearly full all time time!
I've tried resetting and nothing has worked. Not sure what's going on...
I did the upgrade using my PeeCee running Windows at work - I'll try restoring it again this afternoon when I get home from my Mac..
:(

Where are you located? I ask because my 7.5 iTunes "Check for Updates" STILL doesn't have 1.1.2 listed as current. I'm in the Midwest, USA

Chupa Chupa
Nov 9, 2007, 02:06 PM
I can confirm that DIY ringtones work for me w/ 1.1.2 and iTunes 7.5.

I have made two ringtones with QT Pro:

32 sec long
128 kbps mono
496 KB

10 sec long
128 kbps
110 KB

Both were originally MP3. I opened up in QT to edit and saved as a MPEG4 movie, changed the extension to .m4r ctrl-click to opened it up in iTunes. They both automatically went to the "ringtones" folder.

Telp
Nov 9, 2007, 02:08 PM
I can confirm that DIY ringtones work for me w/ 1.1.2 and iTunes 7.5.

I have made two ringtones with QT Pro:

32 sec long
128 kbps mono
496 KB

10 sec long
128 kbps
110 KB

Both were originally MP3. I opened up in QT to edit and saved as a MPEG4 movie, changed the extension to .m4r ctrl-click to opened it up in iTunes. They both automatically went to the "ringtones" folder.

And they show up on iPhone too?

FreeState
Nov 9, 2007, 02:09 PM

Mine did and I used a similar method.

SFC Archer
Nov 9, 2007, 02:10 PM

Yes Telp...they do...I posted all of this this morning, the old 1.0.2 way of putting ringtones on your iPhone works again. This has been confirmed here and in my other post on the Apple Forums.

Superchud
Nov 9, 2007, 02:14 PM
Where are you located? I ask because my 7.5 iTunes "Check for Updates" STILL doesn't have 1.1.2 listed as current. I'm in the Midwest, USA

Same here, Southeast US. Strange some people are getting them through iTunes and some not. But of course, Apple is anything but consistent.

ibwb
Nov 9, 2007, 02:22 PM
Load of crap. The reason Linux and other UNIX's can allow an app to request more memory than there is physical RAM in the machine is because of the concept of Virtual Memory which allows pages to be swapped when not in use. But definitely it's the new process that tries to allocate beyond available VM that will fail to get the memory. The OS doesn't go killing other processes to satisfy some new process's request for more memory -- there'd be no way to protect that certain processes should never be killed and that'd result in a very worthless OS due to unpredictable behavior w.r.t. production services.

What you may have experienced is that some process that was started before is also asking for more memory and can't get it and doesn't deal with it gracefully so it bombs.

Virtual memory has zilch-all to do with it. You guys have no clue what you're talking about.

Here's a nice link: http://lwn.net/Articles/104179/

Boomer85
Nov 9, 2007, 02:24 PM
Same here, Southeast US. Strange some people are getting them through iTunes and some not. But of course, Apple is anything but consistent.

Let's go around the horn...1.1.2 update availability in iTunes, please sound off! (Location, Mac/PC, yes/no)

I'll start:
Midwest USA, PC, no

mac-convert
Nov 9, 2007, 02:27 PM
Let's go around the horn...1.1.2 update availability in iTunes, please sound off! (Location, Mac/PC, yes/no)

I'll start:
Midwest USA, PC, no

You just might want to start a new thread for that one!

zedsdead
Nov 9, 2007, 02:28 PM

I'll start:
Midwest USA, PC, no

long island NY, Mac, no.

Boomer85
Nov 9, 2007, 02:28 PM
You just might want to start a new thread for that one!

True...ah well!

chr1s60
Nov 9, 2007, 02:31 PM

I'll start:
Midwest USA, PC, no

California USA, Mac, no

rediffusion
Nov 9, 2007, 02:38 PM
Brooklyn NY, USA, Mac, no

liberty4all
Nov 9, 2007, 02:41 PM
Updated to 1.1.2 from download and manual restore -- all AppTapp Installer apps are gone, and Oktoprep did not help, no SSH installed after update. I am unable to downgrade to previous firmware versions on iTunes -- must require a special technique now...

Need to find a new jailbreak solution, as this did not work per TUAW's limited details... They claim to have done it, but more detailed steps are needed.

rstansby
Nov 9, 2007, 02:42 PM

I'll start:
Midwest USA, PC, no

I really don't think this has anything to do with where one is located, but...

California, Mac, no.

I was able to load the new firmware using the link and instructions in this thread.