Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Maybe it should have been called "Let's sleep in."

Let's see, a taller Nano and some extra menu options in some software. Sleeping in 'till noon would have been more productive. Will anyone ever bother to watch one of these again?

xix

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
Maybe it should have been called "Let's sleep in."

Let's see, a taller Nano and some extra menu options in some software. Sleeping in 'till noon would have been more productive. Will anyone ever bother to watch one of these again?

Oh, get over yourself.

does anyone know how to get and download the mp4/mov link?

It will eventually be released as a podcast on iTunes.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Steve looks ill still, and sounds very unenthusiastic for a keynote.

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2007
is it me or has Steve lost a lot of energy (medically?). he doesnt seem to have the same enthusiasm...

i dunno, i guess it could just be me

Nicholas.C

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2008
i want to watch this!! but not on quick time is sucks!! how can i watch this w/o quicktime?

imaswitcheryeah

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
looks like the video isn't ready yet... this is just a placeholder.. clicking on the link to watch the video brings up Quicktime but it disconnects.

go to this page, you will see on the left side under "News" that the video is coming soon.

schneb

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
Only thing that excited me was the price drop on the iPod Touch. Just ordered a 16GB model from Apple. The Genius thing? I would have far more appreciated tabbed libraries than assumptions of what I want to hear.

jbee

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2004
No enthusiasm

The reason Jobs is seeming a little lacklustre is because today was yet ANOTHER disappointing Keynote and product rehash sorry launch. The iPhone is a very crude smartphone with a flash UI - but still sports a poor camera, terrible battery life, rubbish navigation and against something like the new Nokia N96 is a joke. The new iPods - so what? There's nothing really exciting here. iTunes? Same old same old.

What would really get me going would be:

New aluminium MacBook with backlit keyboard, BluRay DVD, 6GB Ram, 7200rpm 300gb HD blah de blah.

Gawd. Apple COME ON!!!!

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
iTunes is number 1 music store of any format in U.S...

BOOM!

NBC is coming back... Office, Monk, 3D Rock...

BOOM!

iTunes 8 with improved browsing and Genius..

BOOM!

iPod Classic... now 120GB... 30,000 songs in your pocket...

BOOM!

New curved iPod Nano... improved UI and accelerometer... voice recording... shake-to-shuffle...

BOOM!

New accessories... arm band and optional quality ear buds...

BOOM!

New chrome-back iTouch... lower prices... built-in Nike+ iPod... speaker...

BOOM!

Let's rock!

:apple:

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
The reason Jobs is seeming a little lacklustre is because today was yet ANOTHER disappointing Keynote and product rehash sorry launch.

Steve bobbed his head ever so slightly to the last song played. His subdued presentation is a ploy to make us long for some of the other orators with whom he shared the stage at recent events.

I can see potential Shake-to-Shuffle issues. How do tracks remain constant while jogging?

Ripmax2000

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2005
So come on, some brainiac on this thread always figures out how to download the stream directly.
Who will give us the link this time?

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
GOD can all you Macbook users shut it why do you guys think you need a new refresh every 3 months this was clearly a ipod event only and would have nothing to do with new Macs:mad:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
why isn't this watchable with the iPhone over wifi? Its a QuickTime video after all

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
The iPhone is a very crude smartphone with a flash UI - but still sports a poor camera, terrible battery life, rubbish navigation and against something like the new Nokia N96 is a joke.

Oh really? You sound like one of those full of sh*t politicians. Do you have any basis on what you just stated here? Lowest battery life? Do you care to prove it. Last I checked, the 3G outlasted just about every other 3G phone. Very crude? What does that mean? Does that mean it's a beautiful device that's innovative and has the best internet experience out there? Perhaps you got your words mixed up. I could give a crap about the camera. If you didn't know any better, a camera on ANY phone sucks. It's just not possible to fit good optics in a phone and high megapixels are a joke in a camera phone. It's all about the optics and not megapixels! If camera phones were so good, real digital cameras would be obsolete.

What would really get me going would be:

New aluminium MacBook with backlit keyboard, BluRay DVD, 6GB Ram, 7200rpm 300gb HD blah de blah.

Gawd. Apple COME ON!!!!
Let me guess, you want all this for $399? By the way what do you do that you need 6GB of RAM? Vista possibly? OS X sure doesnt need 6GB to run smoothly. I can assure you no normal user would even come close to using 6GB. 4GB is even debatable for many of us. 2GB runs wonderfully!

I think you'll just be happier buying your Nokia and Windows box with 6GB of RAM. You sound like a specs kind of guy. Let us know how it works out with your crappy products with good specs.

Kan-O-Z

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.