Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
The Touch/Nano/Shuffle are all flash based players...in other words there will never be a hard drive. Flash memory is the future of portable devices. Also 32GB isn't anything to sneeze at when you think about it for something that thin

Well, :( in that case I'll wait for 64 GB iPod touch which should be released Q1 of next year. :D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Yes, I don't mind for a thicker ipod touch as long as they have a hard drive :D
I want massive storage. Like 250 GB. :rolleyes:

The fact that they EOLd the 160GB means your wish isnt likely to come through till there's 250GB of flash memory available for cheap AND fits into the current (or future...smaller) touch dimensions

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
I can't see them ever bringing out a hard drive based Touch - the device is way too thin to fit a drive into unless you are happy for the size to increase in order to accommodate this ?

Try one of these babies. :rolleyes:

iPod touch with one of these hard drives installed. Even iPod nano :D
See, you won't sacrifice the thinness. And hard drives consumes less power.

Attachments

• shot-2008.09.09-18.08.jpg
    shot-2008.09.09-18.08.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 78

schubes

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
British Columbia
I am dissapointed that the new in-ear headphones don't work for the 3G, I hate the ones they send with the phone.

I also dislike the fit of the ones that come with the iphone, but where does it say the new in ear phones dont work with the 3G??

Brycew

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2008
Ugh. That was really disappointing. I sat through school all day waiting to watch the keynote. They should of released a new computer.

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
The fact that they EOLd the 160GB means your wish isnt likely to come through till there's 250GB of flash memory available for cheap AND fits into the current (or future...smaller) touch dimensions

Do you think they'll release 64 GB in Q1 of next year like they did with 32 GB beginning of this year?

If so, I'll definitely wait.

skiesforme

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Yeah baby !

Oh really? You sound like one of those full of sh*t politicians. Do you have any basis on what you just stated here? Lowest battery life? Do you care to prove it. Last I checked, the 3G outlasted just about every other 3G phone. Very crude? What does that mean? Does that mean it's a beautiful device that's innovative and has the best internet experience out there? Perhaps you got your words mixed up. I could give a crap about the camera. If you didn't know any better, a camera on ANY phone sucks. It's just not possible to fit good optics in a phone and high megapixels are a joke in a camera phone. It's all about the optics and not megapixels! If camera phones were so good, real digital cameras would be obsolete.

Let me guess, you want all this for $399? By the way what do you do that you need 6GB of RAM? Vista possibly? OS X sure doesnt need 6GB to run smoothly. I can assure you no normal user would even come close to using 6GB. 4GB is even debatable for many of us. 2GB runs wonderfully!

I think you'll just be happier buying your Nokia and Windows box with 6GB of RAM. You sound like a specs kind of guy. Let us know how it works out with your crappy products with good specs.

Kan-O-Z

Wow !! Loved every bit of the bashing !! Loved it !! :D
Very pragmatic, educated and well composed reply !
Keep 'em coming ! :p
* No offense meant to anybody :)

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a HDD iPod Touch. They just went from an iPod lineup with 2 HDD iPods to 1.

Also, with the built-in Nike+, they'd be asking for trouble with a HDD.

skiesforme

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
I'm disappointed big time.

iPod touch
1. no ipod touch with hard drive :(
2. no gps
3. no bluetooth
4. no modules like add-on adapters to the port interface
5. cost did not go down

I'm so bummed.

You got me confused :eek:
1. No ipod touch with hard drive :(
Why do you need a HDD based ipod touch ? Isn't flash based storage much more reliable and fast !?

3. no bluetooth
You need bluetooth on iPod touch? For streaming music I suppose ? Or is it so ?

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Do you think they'll release 64 GB in Q1 of next year like they did with 32 GB beginning of this year?

If so, I'll definitely wait.

No one can say, it will happen eventually not sure if as soon as Q1 09 though

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
You got me confused :eek:
1. No ipod touch with hard drive :(
Why do you need a HDD based ipod touch ? Isn't flash based storage much more reliable and fast !?

3. no bluetooth

I want massive storage like 250 GB+ :D (store all my ANIME movies)
And hard drive is faster than flash memory used for these type of devices.
I want bluetooth so that I can listen with my Sony bluetooth headset.
I hate hooking up the adapter to the end of the connector and always worried about breaking it in my pocket.

Ori

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Anyone else upset that the new in ear headphones are not compatible with the Iphone?? Why?? why?? why?? A proper remote with forward and rewind. Even if you could only use the pause play button.

Weird.

StumpJumper

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2008
Just finished watching, and yes, Steve did seem a little lackluster.

I thought Phil did a good job showing the games - he always seems really cheerful (also, Spore and Need For Speed look pretty darn good!).

Did anyone else notice Woz in the front row? Nice to see he still gets front row seats at these events :D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
......So how does the nano genius playlist work..... I mean it does not have an internet connection (wifi), what does it do wait until you re-sync :confused:
l.....

Genius playlist on devices uses what's in your library while iTunes is the one that calls home i'd guess

I also dislike the fit of the ones that come with the iphone, but where does it say the new in ear phones dont work with the 3G??

Yeah, where does it say that they don't work with the iPhone 3G? Why shouldn't it?

They better work with it! I'm planning on buying them.

Looks like iPhone isn't supported...at least according to the site

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 127

Nov 6, 2007
keynote

Saw the keynote. Had mixed feelings. I do like the idea of genius and I wonder how it will work since my content was mostly typed in and also some not ripped from original CD's.

would like the idea if it plays the full song and not a 30 sec clip. After all, having more music to listen to at my finger tips than what is loaded on my ipod is pretty cool.

So how does the nano genius playlist work..... I mean it does not have an internet connection (wifi), what does it do wait until you re-sync :confused:

I think the new games are pretty cool. Kinda combines the wii and PSP. Maybe something i would use.

ok, maybe it is time to upgrade from my 2004 antique model.....

150hp

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2004
Door County, WI, USA
Well, the lack of GPS in the new Touch eliminates my explanation to my wife of why I want a new iPod so I guess my money is safe from Apple for the moment.

I had even downloaded some Apps (free ones:p) from the store already. I guess they'll just be waiting until I get one.

Maybe GPS will be in the next revision....

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
3. no bluetooth

i wanted iPod touch with bluetooth to use with my bluetooth headset shades :D
Yes baby. Now thats COOL.

And my COOL sony headset

Attachments

• 1180108023.jpg
    1180108023.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 31qox4nrtgL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    31qox4nrtgL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 972

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
That graphic looks like its from the 28 dollar earphones... what about the expensive ones ($79)? Surely those would work with 3G...

Its the same for both products, my post shows screenshots from the product pages of both products

HyperZboy

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2007
Steve Jobs Health

I'm not posting this to start a rumor or to be wishing for bad news or anything, but did anyone else notice how thin and frail Steve Jobs looked? I'd previously read something about his "beliefs" forcing him to avoid surgery or the recommended cancer treatment and I sure hope that's not true. However, his appearance today certainly made me wonder about his health despite his jokes to the contrary. I hope I'm wrong. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.