Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonthegeologist

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2008
yea, gotta agree, I was disappointed. It's rare on 'announcement days' that I don't feel the need to instantly spend cash.

No laptops, no ACDs, just more ipods.

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
GOD can all you Macbook users shut it why do you guys think you need a new refresh every 3 months this was clearly a ipod event only and would have nothing to do with new Macs:mad:

Well said, that man. Couldn't agree more.

You find Apple boring these days. Go watch a Dell or Microsoft event. Oh, wait...

And someone show me actual proof where Apple said this was going to be a life-altering, mind-blowing, CERN-upstaging event.

Someone on the Internet :)rolleyes:) said someone from Apple said to someone in the media that something BIG was coming.

Officially Apple said 'Let's Rock', put up a huge banner of someone listening to an iPod and at the traditional time for iPod/iTunes updates released... wait for it... some iPod/iTunes updates.

Sometimes on here it reminds me of that old bat from the Fawlty Towers episode.

"That is Torquay, madam."
"Well it's not good enough."
"Well can I ask what you expected to see from a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically..."

carve

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Haha, I love watching these keynotes. The beginning was the best :p

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I remember other Applw events, where half the posts weren't saying "that sucked we wanted more."

Wait... there has NEVER been an event where half the posts didn't say that :p Not even the iPhone unveiling, which was like a forum dreamer's wild fantasy rendering come true :p

It's only natural. Events like these bring out trolls who are nervous about their choice of a Nokia or Vista or whatever they are insecure about, and Apple fans who want the stuff that's actually coming at some OTHER event. And me, who wants 2.1 NOW and not Friday :mad: :)

And then we have rumor sites (which I greatly enjoy) spilling the news so that nothing is new, and we have the rumors that were NEVER true (like Apple telling the press this is bigger than ever). Of course, nobody has to read rumor sites, but it seems to be those who do who complain the loudest about a lack of surprises :p

imageforce

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2007
hamburg, germany
so right

There will be surprising keynotes in the future again.
I'm fine with this one.

Oh really? You sound like one of those full of sh*t politicians. Do you have any basis on what you just stated here? Lowest battery life? Do you care to prove it. Last I checked, the 3G outlasted just about every other 3G phone. Very crude? What does that mean? Does that mean it's a beautiful device that's innovative and has the best internet experience out there? Perhaps you got your words mixed up. I could give a crap about the camera. If you didn't know any better, a camera on ANY phone sucks. It's just not possible to fit good optics in a phone and high megapixels are a joke in a camera phone. It's all about the optics and not megapixels! If camera phones were so good, real digital cameras would be obsolete.

Let me guess, you want all this for $399? By the way what do you do that you need 6GB of RAM? Vista possibly? OS X sure doesnt need 6GB to run smoothly. I can assure you no normal user would even come close to using 6GB. 4GB is even debatable for many of us. 2GB runs wonderfully!

I think you'll just be happier buying your Nokia and Windows box with 6GB of RAM. You sound like a specs kind of guy. Let us know how it works out with your crappy products with good specs.

Kan-O-Z

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
I'm disappointed big time.

iPod touch
1. no ipod touch with hard drive :(
2. no gps
3. no bluetooth
4. no modules like add-on adapters to the port interface
5. cost did not go down

I'm so bummed.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Did Steve pick that clip from the office to try and justify the lack of bluetooth device support on iPhone 3G?

Just wondering…

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I'm disappointed big time.

iPod touch
1. no ipod touch with hard drive :(
2. no gps
3. no bluetooth
4. no modules like add-on adapters to the port interface
5. cost did not go down

I'm so bummed.

Uh...cost went down by $100 IIRC, GPS was never gonna happen...if you want it buy an iPhone and no iPod to date has ever had BT.

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
Uh...cost went down by $100 IIRC, GPS was never gonna happen...if you want it buy an iPhone and no iPod to date has ever had BT.

No hard drive :mad: How long do I have to wait for a hard drive version. I have been waiting waiting waiting...

Is funnest a word? I dont see it in my pocket dictionary.

D3nZ

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2007
Edmundston, N-B, Canada
Well the good thing about this is that now that they have updated all the iPod line, they have no choice to go back to dektops and laptops for pre-Macworld and the big show itself. I am dissapointed that the new in-ear headphones don't work for the 3G, I hate the ones they send with the phone.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
Oh really? You sound like one of those full of sh*t politicians. Do you have any basis on what you just stated here? Lowest battery life? Do you care to prove it. Last I checked, the 3G outlasted just about every other 3G phone. Very crude? What does that mean? Does that mean it's a beautiful device that's innovative and has the best internet experience out there? Perhaps you got your words mixed up. I could give a crap about the camera. If you didn't know any better, a camera on ANY phone sucks. It's just not possible to fit good optics in a phone and high megapixels are a joke in a camera phone. It's all about the optics and not megapixels! If camera phones were so good, real digital cameras would be obsolete.

Let me guess, you want all this for $399? By the way what do you do that you need 6GB of RAM? Vista possibly? OS X sure doesnt need 6GB to run smoothly. I can assure you no normal user would even come close to using 6GB. 4GB is even debatable for many of us. 2GB runs wonderfully!

I think you'll just be happier buying your Nokia and Windows box with 6GB of RAM. You sound like a specs kind of guy. Let us know how it works out with your crappy products with good specs.

Kan-O-Z

Whoosh. It was pretty clear to me the original poster was trolling/joking.

pokoleo

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
stuff in the background...

Can Anyone identify the type of computer that they are using on stage (the one behind jobs in the keynote...) the monitor doesn't look like an iMac, and I'm wondering if this is a mac pro+monitor or possibly iMac next-Gen

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Feb 29, 2008
what the heck... the keynote is not playing.... ...... I'm annoyed! I want to watch the keynote!

Edit:
If this thing does not play within the next 5 minutes I will no longer be interested in watching the event at all. Then I will not be interested in the new products AT ALL.....

Edit II:
Nevermind....

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
No hard drive :mad:

The Touch/Nano/Shuffle are all flash based players...in other words there will never be a hard drive. Flash memory is the future of portable devices. Also 32GB isn't anything to sneeze at when you think about it for something that thin

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Can Anyone identify the type of computer that they are using on stage (the one behind jobs in the keynote...) the monitor doesn't look like an iMac, and I'm wondering if this is a mac pro+monitor or possibly iMac next-Gen

Its just an iMac 24...steve said it when showing the office

markm49uk

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2008
Kingston Upon Hull, UK
No hard drive :mad: How long do I have to wait for a hard drive version. I have been waiting waiting waiting...

Is funnest a word? I dont see it in my pocket dictionary.

I can't see them ever bringing out a hard drive based Touch - the device is way too thin to fit a drive into unless you are happy for the size to increase in order to accommodate this ?

Ade-iMac-177

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Steve looks ill still, and sounds very unenthusiastic for a keynote.

Yeah i noticed, he is looking SOOO thin! i do hope he is ok. poor old Steve. maybe he will perk up when he announces the new portable macs

Sorry dude. they are just normal iMacs.

markm49uk

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2008
Kingston Upon Hull, UK
yea, gotta agree, I was disappointed. It's rare on 'announcement days' that I don't feel the need to instantly spend cash.

No laptops, no ACDs, just more ipods.

Are you joking - it was an iPod event so why would they release details of laptops and ACD's ?

I just don't get why people are unhappy with the event today - in my eyes Apple delivered exactly what was needed to refresh the iPod range for the coming season - they will be like gold-dust this Christmas I bet.....

chaosconan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
I can't see them ever bringing out a hard drive based Touch - the device is way too thin to fit a drive into unless you are happy for the size to increase in order to accommodate this ?

Yes, I don't mind for a thicker ipod touch as long as they have a hard drive :D
I want massive storage. Like 250 GB. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.