Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
I've been on this thread since early October. They better not delay this again.

really? wow, I didn't know October 23rd is considered as 'early october'... because that's when this thread was first opened even before it was merged into a mega thread.

you should work for the iTunes team, considering the 23rd as early. just sayin'

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Ridiculous how Apple's biggest fanboys can also by their biggest critics.

It's even more ridiculous that you would question apple fans for critiquing apple as if we should be blind sheep and just smile as apple delays iTunes another month

Nethan

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Idaho
My God...this thread is the worst.

I'm patient. Have been for the last month. Everyone gets their panties in a twist for the smallest thing. I'm new to these forums - can someone direct me to the more optimistic and cheerful side?

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
It's even more ridiculous that you would question apple fans for critiquing apple as if we should be blind sheep and just smile as apple delays iTunes another month

That's the thing though. They haven't (as far as we know).

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
My God...this thread is the worst.

I'm patient. Have been for the last month. Everyone gets their panties in a twist for the smallest thing. I'm new to these forums - can someone direct me to the more optimistic and cheerful side?

Let me know when you find it; in the several years I've been here, it has yet to reveal its presence to me either.

skysailing

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Really? I mean really???

We have to assume that iTunes 11 isn't out yet because it isn't ready. Are you honestly saying that Steve would have forced the release of software that wasn't ready?

I'm sorry, but that sounds far too much like recent behaviour - and I have already stated that I hope that this delay is the current management changing their behaviour - than that of Mr Jobs.

Thanks for that.

----------

really? wow, I didn't know October 23rd is considered as 'early october'... because that's when this thread was first opened even before it was merged into a mega thread.

you should work for the iTunes team, considering the 23rd as early. just sayin'

Where the application at?

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
This is a pretty intense statement that reeks of self entitlement. I'd hate to see the people making these comments would be saying if Apple released it before it was ready..... Maps forgotten already?

Apple are not harming anyone by taking their time releasing iTunes 11 as no released hardware requires it. In addition it's a free piece of software, and Apple are free to release it if and when they please. Had anyone pay for it, then your comment wouldn't seem so brash.

For the record, I'm as anxious as the next guy, but I have far more important things in my life than stressing so hard over a software release date. Time to kill though, so I felt I would add my 2 cents to this thread.

It's not entitlement, it's basic customer service. They've known for far earlier than October 31st that it wouldn't be ready for October. Then why piss off your customers and wait til the very last day to announce that you're going to be late after all?

This just breeds mistrust. Apple exists because their customers trust them and buy their products. Screw that up and things go downhill.

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2012
Not to mention the whole 3GHz Power Mac G5 "within 12 months." thing, or the PowerBooks G5. :p

iTunes 10 works just fine.

Version 11 is delayed by 28 days at this point, which is a laughably small delay for a software product.

itunes 10 works fine because of Steve Jobs.
itunes 11 will be like ios maps, Tim Cook knows too. I think the software will be out before the end of next delays. iTunes, iDelays, iBad, iTurtle...

There will be another letter from Tim Cook.​
While we’re improving iTunes, you can try alternatives by downloading sync apps from the Windows Store like iTools iExplorer, iFunbox, iWinamp, or use Google by going to their websites and search a better program.

iMiss Steve Jobs.

jreed91

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2009
itunes 10 works fine because of Steve Jobs.
itunes 11 will be like ios maps, Tim Cook knows too. I think the software will be out before the end of next delays. iTunes, iDelays, iBad, iTurtle...

There will be another letter from Tim Cook.​
While were improving iTunes, you can try alternatives by downloading sync apps from the Windows Store like iTools iExplorer, iFunbox, iWinamp, or use Google by going to their websites and search a better program.

iMiss Steve Jobs.

Haven't been to this site for years but holy **** I'm now leaving.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
There is so much entertainment value in threads like these.

A little part of me wishes Apple would come out and say iTunes 11 has been delayed until early 2013....

The folks here who apparently have no life outside of their computers and make it seem like these things are life and death would absolutely lose their S*** :D

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
Haven't been to this site for years but holy **** I'm now leaving.

That post sounds like a joke to me. In any case, there's a little button that can be used to bring trolling activity to the mods' attention :cool::

trollign.png

Yevhen

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
I'm excited for iTunes 11. Hopefully, it'll get here before the Armageddon in December or whatever the heck it is supposed to be.

From my own perspective, I must say that the best version of iTunes ever released was the nice and stable version 4.9 :) Oh, yes. The good old days when iTunes was primarily used for listening to and managing... tunes, hence - iTunes. The easy navigation of the iTunes Music Store, the 99 cents per song price, and the simplistic UI of the application itself made a wonderful little jukebox.

sensorian

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Manchester, UK
I've just popped back to this thread from real life - you know where 'only things that really matter really matter' to see whether anyone has reached a point of apoplexy yet. You didn't disappoint.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing itunes 11 myself but there is a part of me that would like further delays just to see if any spontaneous combustion happens.

*opens popcorn, kicks back *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.