Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfledged

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
I still don't get how broken iTunes 11 could have been to have this much of a delay

Depends entirely what's broken - or, potentially, simply not ready for public release. Say it's a problem with home sharing, for example. A problem which meant that, say, 10% of devices (be they iPads, Apple TVs, whatever) couldn't connect. The difficulty could simply be in tracking down the bug - anyone who has developed software can tell you that it potentially not easy and can take a long time. Or it might be that it requires that part of iTunes to be re-written from the ground up, and then tested fully.

The fact is that we simply don't know what's causing the problems. And, as much as I want iTunes 11 - I want it working right even more!

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
all i can do in the meanwhile..

is dream..

235umu.jpg

:eek:

skysailing

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
If Mr. Jobs was alive, we would have been had iTunes 11.
I've been on this thread since early October. They better not delay this again.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
It is most likely to do with the streaming rights for their radio thing that has been touted.

Doubt it, that would have been announced with iTunes 11 in September. Even if it was just a few independent labels, news outlets would be all over the big labels to follow suit because that's what consumers want.

----------

Push Notifications. White iPhone 4. Leopard.

Steve was at the helm and they were all delayed.

drivera717

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
Apple should really stop announcing things ahead of time and get back to its roots with keeping things under lock and key. It was so exciting when you'd get slapped in the face with a new product you weren't even expecting.

Unfledged

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012

Really? I mean really???

We have to assume that iTunes 11 isn't out yet because it isn't ready. Are you honestly saying that Steve would have forced the release of software that wasn't ready?

I'm sorry, but that sounds far too much like recent behaviour - and I have already stated that I hope that this delay is the current management changing their behaviour - than that of Mr Jobs.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
White iPhone delay is nothing compared to a major software release, and apples most important software

cflem

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Texas
Guys... Relax...

I'm thinking iT11 is done.. has been done... its just a much different piece of software than most of us are expecting.

We are waiting on a few licensing snags...

What if - WHAT IF - iT11 is all about this new Apple music streaming (spotify/rdio) service that is iCloud based...

Without those contracts signed - iT11 cant exist...

would make total sense - also that COULD be the main part of iOS6.1 that will be baked in at release... they both have to be released at the same time - yes?

What If those contracts fel through - and they are having to rewrite iT11 from scratch to use the new GUI with the existing systems...

I am also betting you are about to see a "Podcasts" and "Movies" app for OSX... possibly?

i dunno - im not stressing - but i think theres more to all this.

Tighten your belts.

:)

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Doubt it, that would have been announced with iTunes 11 in September. Even if it was just a few independent labels, news outlets would be all over the big labels to follow suit because that's what consumers want.

----------

Steve didn't wait till the expected release date to tell people that it's delayed

Screw Tim Cook, useless trash

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004

Not to mention the whole 3GHz Power Mac G5 "within 12 months." thing, or the PowerBooks G5. :p

White iPhone delay is nothing compared to a major software release, and apples most important software

iTunes 10 works just fine.

Version 11 is delayed by 28 days at this point, which is a laughably small delay for a software product.

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
I'm thinking iT11 is done.. has been done... its just a much different piece of software than most of us are expecting.

What if - WHAT IF - iT11 is all about this new Apple music streaming (spotify/rdio) service that is iCloud based...

would make total sense - also that COULD be the main part of iOS6.1 that will be baked in at release... they both have to be released at the same time - yes?

What If those contracts fel through - and they are having to rewrite iT11 from scratch to use the new GUI with the existing systems...

I am also betting you are about to see a "Podcasts" and "Movies" app for OSX... possibly?

Tighten your belts.

No, they don't release a streaming service without showing/announcing it on a keynote. Thats a pretty big thing

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012

Tighten your belts.

That's a nice fantasy but an iTunes spotify service isn't something you just slip in

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Steve didn't wait till the expected release date to tell people that it's delayed

Screw Tim Cook, useless trash

So far in this thread, I've literally seen nothing but raw hatred and combativeness from you in EVERY post. Seriously, you add nothing to a discussion with posts like this, all you do is either A-Incite others to be just as petty, rude, and whiny as you, or B-Distract others from an actual discussion as they respond to your combativeness in kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.