Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I don't know, but I feel like I'm in the vast minority when I say I really don't care when it comes out. I know it will be here eventually, and until then, everything is working nicely for me. Will I be happy when it arrives? Sure! Will it change my life? Nope. I'm even expecting it to have some major bugs when it arrives; so what.

Man, this thread has really turned into a bummer.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
My God...this thread is the worst.

I'm patient. Have been for the last month. Everyone gets their panties in a twist for the smallest thing. I'm new to these forums - can someone direct me to the more optimistic and cheerful side?

Welcome to MacRumors. Part of the reason I've been less active the past few years. Used to be a much nicer community.

Back on topic. November isn't over yet, so we should all chill. It's coming in the next couple days.

Yevhen

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
itunes 10 works fine because of Steve Jobs.
itunes 11 will be like ios maps, Tim Cook knows too. I think the software will be out before the end of next delays. iTunes, iDelays, iBad, iTurtle...

There will be another letter from Tim Cook.​
While were improving iTunes, you can try alternatives by downloading sync apps from the Windows Store like iTools iExplorer, iFunbox, iWinamp, or use Google by going to their websites and search a better program.

iMiss Steve Jobs.

Oh, yes. In fact, iTunes 11 is cancelled. Expect a Microsoft announcement on Friday about the rerelease of Windows Media Player for the Mac. Oh, and Apple is doomed.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
It's not entitlement, it's basic customer service. They've known for far earlier than October 31st that it wouldn't be ready for October. .

You're making an assumption. For all we know, they were planning to release it at the iPad mini event (the mini box says "requires iTunes 11" after all) but they decided at the last minute to work on it more.

Unfledged

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
Oh, yes. In fact, iTunes 11 is cancelled. Expect a Microsoft announcement on Friday about the rerelease of Windows Media Player for the Mac. Oh, and Apple is doomed.

Except, of course, that Media Player has essentially been killed by Windows 8 (previous version included, but somewhat crippled without DVD codecs), replaced by Xbox Music and Videos - both lacklustre applications for the moment,at least (Microsoft have committed to updating Windows 8 apps on an ongoing basis, before the release of Windows 9). Both giving iTunes the opportunity to become the users default media player on Windows if it can be made good enough before the Windows 8 apps are updated sufficiently. Another reason, maybe, to only release iTunes 11 when it's actually ready.

Last edited:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Except, of course, that Media Player has essentially been killed by Windows 8 (previous version included, but somewhat crippled without DVD codecs), replaced by Xbox Music and Videos - both lacklustre applications for the moment,at least (Microsoft have committed to updating Windows 8 apps on an ongoing basis, before the release of Windows 9). Both giving iTunes the opportunity to become the users default media player on Windows if it can be made good enough before the Windows 8 apps are updated sufficiently. Another reason, maybe, to only release iTunes 11 when it's actually ready.

So Microsoft named their media player after their video game console?

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2012
just kidding :)

You're making an assumption. For all we know, they were planning to release it at the iPad mini event (the mini box says "requires iTunes 11" after all) but they decided at the last minute to work on it more.

i wasn't the member of the macrumors till today, just read and leave:cool:
the mini box says "requires iTunes 11"
They could just say earlier 2013 or Q3. but it is said that in october, end of the november...
ios maps, did you like it. amazing?
iphone 5, bigger than nothing...
the newest ipad is like the other ipad. without innovation.
"if you say i am the best you have to be the best."

ThunderRoad

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2010
Came in here out of interest to see if there was any news on the update. Amazed at the amount of anger in some users posts.

Maybe I'm out of the loop but does a new version of iTunes really mean that much to some people?

Unfledged

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
So Microsoft named their media player after their video game console?

Essentially, yes. Microsoft had tried to create the Zune brand for music and videos. After that failed, they have rebranded them to Xbox, trying to place their console as not just a games console, but as a general entertainment center. Similar to Apple, who have branded their entertainment (and computers) as "i' - the iPod, the ipad, the iPhone, the iMac and - most impotantly - iTunes and iCloud.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Essentially, yes. Microsoft had tried to create the Zune brand for music and videos. After that failed, they have rebranded them to Xbox, trying to place their console as not just a games console, but as a general entertainment center. Similar to Apple, who have branded their entertainment (and computers) as "i' - the iPod, the ipad, the iPhone, the iMac and - most impotantly - iTunes and iCloud.

Ah ok I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010

lol how sad would it be if it was the windows version that was causing the delays :p

BlackMangoTree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2010
The new iTunes will not be available this year. It was leaked onto Twitter last month by an Apple insider, the tweet was quickly removed.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Came in here out of interest to see if there was any news on the update. Amazed at the amount of anger in some users posts.

Maybe I'm out of the loop but does a new version of iTunes really mean that much to some people?

I don't think it's simply the iTunes update that is making people upset. It's anger at Apple's incessant quietness and announcing a delay at the very last minute when they clearly knew they weren't going to meet their deadline.

Unfledged

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
lol that sad would it be if it was the windows version that was causing the delays :p

Why? Ok, I don't have the figures in front of me, but I assume there are still more people using their iPods, iPads and iPhones with Windows machines than Macs. (The same way there are still more people using Windows than Mac...)

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
I don't think it's simply the iTunes update that is making people upset. It's anger at Apple's incessant quietness and announcing a delay at the very last minute when they clearly knew they weren't going to meet their deadline.

At the same time though its Apple, the most famous, most wealthiest and most sought after company in the world. Something tells me they don't give a rats a$$ about meeting software deadlines. Joe Bloggs out there for example isn't even expecting this, just us forum and apple junkies.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
At the same time though its Apple, the most famous, most wealthiest and most sought after company in the world. Something tells me they don't give a rats a$$ about meeting software deadlines. Joe Bloggs out there for example isn't even expecting this, just us forum and apple junkies.

They're notoriously quiet about everything. I hope they learn to word things a little differently in the future though. Set a broad release time like Fall or Winter, it gives development more time than just a month and consumers don't hound on them for missing a set date.

Unfledged

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
They're notoriously quiet about everything. I hope they learn to word things a little differently in the future though. Set a broad release time like Fall or Winter, it gives development more time than just a month and consumers don't hound on them for missing a set date.

Here here. A good way to give information without setting up expectations.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
My God...this thread is the worst.

I'm patient. Have been for the last month. Everyone gets their panties in a twist for the smallest thing. I'm new to these forums - can someone direct me to the more optimistic and cheerful side?

LOL Yeah iTunes 10.7 still plays all your stuff! Its FREE! And works relatively well. I suspect iTunes 11 will be free too! Oh and if you have $$ to spend you can still use them in iTunes 10, it hasnt been disabled. So cheer up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.