Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MpShannon

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2011
My old expired MobileMe account that I can log into iCloud with doesn't work with the Mail app, but another iCloud account I made recently works with Mail.

RatherDashing42

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2009
I am unable to log in due to "OS X Lion or iOS 5 not found" despite the fact that I definitely have OS X Lion. I am not a developer though.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Logged in earlier, set up my photo and looked around.

It's got some pretty fantastic UI/HTML5 goodness. Sorry Adobe, Flash IS dead.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
LOL Yeah iForgot :p

ScreenShot2011-08-02at023057.png

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
this is only relevant when using a *new* account.
if you use your MobileMe apple ID, you will be given the same email address.

Some of us have seperate Apple IDs we have for our Dev accounts and iTunes purchases though. The paid @me.com subscribers will not be able to merge them together.

ssdeg7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Does Apple compress your data or anything when backing up to iCloud, because surely a 16GB iPhone backup can't fit in, (for free) can it?

iCloud does not copy your apps, just the data, for example it doesn't copy infinity blade which weights about 1GB, it copies your saved files which would weight less than 1MB, so 5GB is a lot!

leroyjamez

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
Some of us have seperate Apple IDs we have for our Dev accounts and iTunes purchases though. The paid @me.com subscribers will not be able to merge them together.

I realise that people will have separate IDs for different uses. (Dev, iTunes/Apps, MobileMe)
However, a consolidation of accounts will likely never come as it is quite a lot of work, when the Apple ID is designed to be a all-in-one userid.

FrankHahn

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2011
I logged in through developer resources using my present Apple ID, not directly through the main login page. I also registered as a developer!

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I'm so stupid!!

At first, I was able to sign in even thought I am not a paid developer and it worked. I paid around with some stuff but there was not much to see because nothing was syncing. The interface was loading slowish but the internet is slow here and I'm sure things will speed up once cached.

Then, I logged into me.com with my Gmail Apple ID and it asked me if I wanted to use *my_email*@me.com, but I got greedy since I wanted a better email and pressed "not now" and I never got the pop up again.

Now, I can't sign into anything and nothing works :(

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
this is only relevant when using a *new* account.
if you use your MobileMe apple ID, you will be given the same email address.

Essentially, the FAQ says you cannot merge AppleIDs (which has always been true). Hopefully, they'll offer the ability to do so some day.

At first, I was able to sign in even thought I am not a paid developer and it worked. I paid around with some stuff but there was not much to see because nothing was syncing. The interface was loading slowish but the internet is slow here and I'm sure things will speed up once cached.

Then, I logged into me.com with my Gmail Apple ID and it asked me if I wanted to use *my_email*@me.com, but I got greedy since I wanted a better email and pressed "not now" and I never got the pop up again.

Now, I can't sign into anything and nothing works :(

I wouldn't worry. This is very much a beta and it will be largely useless to you until some time this fall when it launches. (So I'm sure you'll be able to get an email address then.)

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
It says I need OS X Lion but I am running on Lion.

Tried on Firefox and Safari. No dice.

Same issue here. I have Lion installed, tried to log in with my developer's account ID, and I'm turned away for not having Lion installed.

Seems like this is an Alpha, not a Beta.

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
That may be, but the login, and all the other pages are slow and ugly.

Eh, I've seen worse UI (although I'm not really a fan of this linen thing...better than brushed metal, at least). Speed is probably due to it being beta and not expecting the entire mac community to start slamming it trying to get it (because there really is nothing there unless you got 10.7.2 and iOS 5).

wheres the photos? u can't access photo stream thru web site? :|

Beta.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Essentially, the FAQ says you cannot merge AppleIDs (which has always been true). Hopefully, they'll offer the ability to do so some day.

I wouldn't worry. This is very much a beta and it will be largely useless to you until some time this fall when it launches. (So I'm sure you'll be able to get an email address then.)

I largely wanted to take my pick at an apple ID early :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.