Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoldenPRGuy

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
The texture of the yellow cardboard/paper behind the "4S" does appear to be different than the rest, almost like a smoothing tool or eraser tool was used on it.

Exactly. This S is from somewhere else on the package or from the same box for the 3GS (that is why as always it's low res and cut off). But that's the point of this site right! I will stop by Apple later and take a few packaging shots. Look for my post tonight or tomorrow, I will show you the all new iPhone 7S!!

DeaconGTG

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2011
The larger camera hole doesn't suggest "larger camera" as much as it suggests "we have no idea what's coming so we're hedging our bets"

seduced

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2011
A5 and 1Gb of RAM, bigger screen, (S)AMOLED Screen, new and thinner design, 8 Mpx Camera ! Or ****** this phone!! I don't want to buy old crap!!!

nanotlj

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
I just called Tim. he said he was quite amused by all the hypes about the 4s. When asked about iphone 5, he said no comments, but then added that he would not screw up his first show as CEO for the damn sake.

glorimda

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
Leaks from acquaintance

Heard from my friends who has an acquaintance working in Korean display pannel company
He said they provided apple with 3.5' & 4.2' both and new iphone will be released early October as rumors.
I hope that 4.2' is for iPhone 5, but I can't say that's not for new iPod.:(

GoldenPRGuy

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
Looking VERY closely at this pic....the S is not photoshopped.

All you have proven is how little you know of photoshop. You're not supposed to be able to tell. That's the point. Like I said, I'll show you how easy it is as soon as I have time to hit the apple store.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
This is crazy, can't believe Apple would wait 16 months to underwhelm so completely, and on top of that call this the "4S" What a ridiculous name!

Who cares what it looks like call it the iPhone 5 at least!

aValerio

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
Just to say

Existing cases for iPhone 4 from Otterbox:

Attachments

• void(0)-1.jpeg
    void(0)-1.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 90
  • void(0).jpeg
    void(0).jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 90

Muad'Dib

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
All you have proven is how little you know of photoshop. You're not supposed to be able to tell. That's the point. Like I said, I'll show you how easy it is as soon as I have time to hit the apple store.

WRONG. Take a look at the second pic I posted above. (The angle is particularly difficult to replicate) Unless this guys is a pro @ PS, there are always traces of the edit.

----------

I'm not saying it is or isn't but I do know one thing.

A person that is very good at Ps would/could make it look very real without you knowing the difference.

You think he added in the entire area with the volume keys on the right side?

I don't think so.

Edit: People also said the 5 on the A5 processor was PS'd because it was crooked. They were wrong.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I wonder what these case companies would do if the design of the 4S turns out to be different than what they were expecting.

CWT1965

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
This is just 3rd party case providers building cases on how they THINK the next phone will look like, they know about as much as we do

urbanj

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
I'll be happy about iOS 5 on my iPhone 4. I'll only become jealous if the new one has a bigger screen or is redesigned completely.

I haven't really been paying attention but what is the word on the street for the delay? The phone itself or iOS 5?

I feel if more people had patience and didn't upgrade every year on minor changes then maybe just maybe Apple will push for bigger updates. But if they sell like hot cakes when barely tweaking stuff then why bother.

Muad'Dib

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
This is just 3rd party case providers building cases on how they THINK the next phone will look like, they know about as much as we do

I GUARANTEE you Otterbox knows more than we do. They wouldn't waste their money making a run of these things and going so far as sending them to Apple stores unless they did. Chronic got this Otterbox case from an Apple store yesterday.

tegrapple

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
I think if an iPhone 4S comes out, they'll definitely release the iPhone 5 as well. If it really is just a spec bump, it would be called the 5. They just have a very tight wrap on the redesign so we've only been seeing "4S" leaks.

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
I don't know how it could be done with as many players as it takes to manufacture an iPhone but if Apple manages to unveil an iPhone 5, then we will have to hand it to them!

It makes sense that they would try their hardest after the iPhone 4 mishap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.