Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dendowling

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2011
So, if Google Maps is calling this 'Quest' mode are they making fun of MapQuest?

Also, on Google Maps, Get Directions options they need to change 'Avoid Tolls' to 'Avoid Trolls'.

mrfoof82

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2010
Lawton, OK
So, if Google Maps is calling this 'Quest' mode are they making fun of MapQuest?

Also, on Google Maps, Get Directions options they need to change 'Avoid Tolls' to 'Avoid Trolls'.

No. The sprites are taken from the original Dragon Quest (sold in the US as Dragon Warrior) which was made by Enix (now Square-Enix) in the 80s.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Safari adblock is now showing cats instead of ads :D

Screen Shot 2012-04-01 at 10.51.58.png

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Last edited:

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
For those interested, there is a "Dopey Dopey Dodos" for the iPad. Not affiliated with product or developer, but it's the "closest" representation of HHH.

Doesn't seem to have good reviews though.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
I, for one, was mightily impressed with the retina display quality hippo-graphics in the ThinkGeek video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM1n8QC0LeQ

I appreciate why Arn skipped ThinkGeek's Technomancer Electronic Wizard Hoodie. I couldn't resist putting a comment on my FB wall:

You may have fascial fitness, but can you bring your piezoelectric skills to an entirely new level? Can you master the somatic components to be a real wizard? If so, the Technomancer Digital Wizard Hoodie may be for you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4PHzSjEH8 .

The reference to piezoelectric is a geek joke to my massage therapist friends. Bones (and maybe other biological structures) that are under stress can wind up with small electrical potential; this is used by the body for healing and maintaining our structure. But absolutely nothing exists to allow you to hurtle lightning bolts from your fingertips -- not without the ThinkGeek attire, anyhow. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.