Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today posted a new television ad for the new iPad called "All on iPad". The ad is identical in style to Do It All which was released in June. The Retina Display remains a focus, with a number of different apps sharing the spotlight.
Read it. Tweet it.
Be surprised. Be productive.
Make a sale. Make some lunch.
Make it movie night.
Play a game. Or an old favorite
Do it all more beautifully, with the Retina display, on iPad.
This is the third television spot that Apple has released for the 3rd generation iPad.

The ad comes shortly after a new and controversial series of ads focused on an "Apple Genius". That ad debuted during the opening ceremonies for the summer Olympics and were sharply criticized. Those are ads no longer running which Apple's ad agency claims was the plan all along.

Article Link: Apple Releases New iPad Television Ad: "All On iPad"

iSRS

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
Maybe it's just me...

...but did the older spots say "new iPad" and this one says just iPad? Technically, the iPad (3rd gen) is nearly half way through its life cycle, so makes sense. Just wasn't sure if it was a change.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
"On iPad." Because "new" is not part of the product name people!!!

So no "new new iPad" next year. Just "iPad (4th generation)."

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
So much better than the genius ads. Like the previous iPad ads before it, this one clearly shows and communicates the benefits in a way that the masses can relate to.

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
...but did the older spots say "new iPad" and this one says just iPad? Technically, the iPad (3rd gen) is nearly half way through its life cycle, so makes sense. Just wasn't sure if it was a change.

The first commercial was the only one to use the phrase "the new iPad". The second one, in June also only said "on iPad" as does this third one.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I can't stand the celebrity commercials. The new one with Scorsese is annoying as all get out

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
Wish there was an easier way to market retina display, I mean people cannot really appreciate it until they've seen it in person.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Thank God they got a new guy/had the same guy change his voice in this one. The narrator in the last one like this sounded dumber than a bag of rocks. Especially the "make a memory" line.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I still don't get why people disliked the previous ones, they gave me a chuckle.

Because everyone these days has a massive stick shoved up their ***** and freak out anytime changes are made, and because they have no sense of humor. Like you, I also enjoyed them.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
When Apple has such a nice, cool, clean product, all you need is clips of normal usage to make it an ad, and it's a good ad! I used my grandma's iPad 2 a little, and boy is it fancy. I'd use one for sure if I was not an advanced user.

----------

Why can't the genius show us how to use this thing/screw up the commercial?

I got a crack out of reading the original Macintosh manual. "How to use the mouse"...

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Apple needs to change Ad Agencies.
Its hard to create an image..............its easy to destroy it !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.