Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrisg2014

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
USA
Why can't the genius show us how to use this thing/screw up the commercial?

My thoughts exactly, mainly it has to do with the sad and untimely death of Steve, everyone wants everything to be the same. And if everything is going to be the same I'm switching Hardware/software, I don't want the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, see now I could keep going but you don't want me saying the same thing over and over again it's BORING! and annoying. hehe I made a pun

I personally liked the Genius commercials. I thought they where entertaining, now this feels like I've seen it before, I wonder why, it couldn't be because for every iPad Commercial they pretty much did the same thing... At least it was something new... they probably made this commercial in a Day...

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
So much better than the genius ads.

The Genius ads weren't for people like us, though.

After someone watched the Genius ads... they might realize: "Hey... I don't know how to edit a movie or print a card either"

The Genius ads tapped into that particular group of people... which is a huge part of the market.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
I used my grandma's iPad 2 a little, and boy is it fancy. I'd use one for sure if I was not an advanced user.

You really had to go there? Maybe it's not a useful tool in your line of work or all of your advanced tools are on the desktop, but that doesn't automatically mean that it's a toy. Being easy to use is definitely not one of the iPad's weaknesses.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
You really had to go there? Maybe it's not a useful tool in your line of work or all of your advanced tools are on the desktop, but that doesn't automatically mean that it's a toy. Being easy to use is definitely not one of the iPad's weaknesses.

I wasn't calling it a toy. It's just that I need some features that it doesn't have, so it's just not quite worth $500 to me, especially because I have a MacBook already. And a lot of its great syncing/cloud features don't work with my Mac.

J.acks

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2012
Apple is back on track! This is more Apple like but I do kind of missed the Mac and Windows guys.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Apple is back on track! This is more Apple like but I do kind of missed the Mac and Windows guys.

Yeah, me too. But I was kinda annoyed when the PC guy said "Hi, I'm a PC". OK, so is the Mac.

Last edited:

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
I wasn't calling it a toy. It's just that I need some features that it doesn't have, so it's just not quite worth $500 to me, especially because I have a MacBook already. And a lot of its great syncing/cloud features don't work with my Mac.
Fair enough. I guess I overreacted a little.:apple:

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
They should make new Mac vs. PC ads...

...but have it be iOS vs. Android... or iPhone vs. Samsung

"Hi, I'm an iPhone... and I'm a Droid. Droid... why are you sitting on that copy machine?"

heheheh :D

macsmurf

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it,
Drag and drop it, zip - unzip it,
Lock it, fill it, call it, find it,
View it, code it, jam - unlock it,
Surf it, scroll it, pause it, click it,
Cross it, crack it, switch - update it,
Name it, rate it, tune it, print it,
Scan it, send it, fax - rename it,
Touch it, bring it, pay it, watch it,
Turn it, leave it, start - format it.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
I was inspired after the commercial, so I used mine as a cutting board in the kitchen. Lo & behold "it just works"

Wipes off easily & it's one step closer to paying for itself. :D

Even "permanent" Sharpie comes off of it, almost all the way with just a damp cloth and completely with alcohol.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Even "permanent" Sharpie comes off of it, almost all the way with just a damp cloth and completely with alcohol.
Quite true. The best is denatured alcohol. It is the least likely to affect the Oleophobic Coating, since unlike rubbing alcohol, there's zero residue.

If one lightly dampens a microfiber cloth with it, there's nothing you can't remove.

It's also very inexpensive when purchased by the quart or gallon in the Paint Dept at Home Depot or Lowes.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.