Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carl0sian

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
Last edited:

bsforever

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
Decent, although music could be better. I maintain that the apogee for iPad ads were the iPad 2 ones esp the 'we believe in technology getting out of the way' one.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Wish there was an easier way to market retina display, I mean people cannot really appreciate it until they've seen it in person.

Exactly. It's like when they tried to advertise HDTV on the SD channels, by rather hilariously just showing some slo-mo footage of a frog leaping or something.

Jd001

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2012
Nice commercial...

Which tv is featured in the 'movie night' portion??....:apple: :)

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010
I don't care what the others say... I really enjoyed the Apple Genuis Ads.
And I love how he interprets his role... that he is slightly irritated, but totally enthusiastic. He's awesome :D

----------

Whats the name of that last picture app?

If I am not mistaken this is also iPhoto. The thing you see there is a Photo Journal created with iPhoto.

crossifixio

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2007
London
Thats better!

All back to normal thank god! Was getting worried there! Really bad adverts that would have not seen the light of day under Mr Jobs. RIP :apple:

alexgowers

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2012
Please can all AD copywriters please leave this short sentance 'do it' 'click it' 'buy it' in the trash. I prefer just having music.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Wish there was an easier way to market retina display, I mean people cannot really appreciate it until they've seen it in person.

Steve Jobs did an excellent job of this when announcing the iPhone 4. At that moment in time no one had personally seen the display, yet everyone on the face of the planet wanted one. :D

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
...but did the older spots say "new iPad" and this one says just iPad? Technically, the iPad (3rd gen) is nearly half way through its life cycle, so makes sense. Just wasn't sure if it was a change.

The official name of the product has always been "iPad." Just look at the back.

jkdem85

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2012
Monmouth County, NJ

I think this one is my favorite apple commercial. I remember wanting an iPhone the minute I saw this. Simply and to the point!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4acWkNihaxc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/QUOTE]

I really loved this commercial as well, so revolutionary when it came out.

Did anyone else notice how pixelated the screen looks in the video though, amazing how far we have come in 5 years.

Thanks for sharing!

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Simple and effective.

Who was the num nuts that came up with those terrible genius commercials what where they thinking.

Macclone

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
My thoughts exactly, mainly it has to do with the sad and untimely death of Steve, everyone wants everything to be the same. And if everything is going to be the same I'm switching Hardware/software, I don't want the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, see now I could keep going but you don't want me saying the same thing over and over again it's BORING! and annoying. hehe I made a pun

I personally liked the Genius commercials. I thought they where entertaining, now this feels like I've seen it before, I wonder why, it couldn't be because for every iPad Commercial they pretty much did the same thing... At least it was something new... they probably made this commercial in a Day...

Cool post, bro. I am so over it. And yes, you are boring. Might want to google pun.

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
Back to "what you can do with it" thinking. Who was behind that "customer is an idiot" series? Was anyone fired?

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
These are how all ads should be haha. Simple. Show off the product and it's capabilities.

Hope they permanently ditch the schticky stuff.

----------

Apple needs to change Ad Agencies.
Its hard to create an image..............its easy to destroy it !

No they just need to change who's approving the ads. Based on the Jobs book they pitch about a dozen ideas and green light 1 or 2.

Switching ad agencies could spell disaster, that's years and years of business relationship down the drain.

katewes

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
But with the iPad you cannot easily "just-works" file your content creation in a Hierarchical File System - using Apple software (not 3rd party apps) - and just-works sync it seamlessly to the desktop. The reason you can't do that is that Apple's dumbed down policy means that they assert that most people don't want to do that. So, as an Apple fan, I am waiting impatiently for Microsoft's Windows RT tablets.

For me, it's Apple for desktops, notebooks and phones - but it could be Microsoft for tablets. I won't make a final decision until I get to play around with Windows 8 tablets when they come out.

ChrisNH

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
southern New Hampshire
Spoken like a true ad agency

"We MEANT for them to only run briefly. We MEANT for them to be controversial. We MEANT for them to be unpopular. They got EXACTLY the response we hoped for."

IbisDoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2010
Just rewatched those Genius ads....they were just as horrendous as the first time.

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
Nice! love mine.. only downside is I have too much reading content on there now I'm intimidated by it and haven't read much haha

pbrooks

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
I wish MacRumors would not use the phrase "Apple releases..." when reporting on new ads. I always glance it these headlines, get excited over some new hardware or software, only to be let down with crushing disappointment. Who cares about commercials, anyway?

Last edited:

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I wish MacRumors would not use the phrase "Apple releases..." when reporting on new ads. I always glance it these headlines, get excited over some new hardware or software, only to be let down with crushing disappointment. Who cares about commercials, anyway?

"Who cares about commercials, anyway?" !!!

What kind of question is that!? :eek:

Most of us here care to know about any new Apple commercials, as we have invested our money buying Apple products, it's in our best interest that Apple does well.

Also, all these commercials feature new Apps that may be useful to us.

And the phrase "Apple releases..." is the most appropriate way to indicate that a new commercial is out. Well, they could have said: "Apple launches...", but I'm sure you may have complained as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.