Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:48 PM   #276
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

I think they will release it on a Wednesday so Im going with November 28th since that is the end of November. We definately wont see it before the middle of the month.
mattburley7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:05 PM   #277
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminum213 View Post
But there is no reason or indication that apple would ever delay the release of a product just to preserve the mystery of an apple conference as you are insinuating
Sounds like a straw man argument, has anyone said they should delay a release just for that? The point is, if they're manufacturing a product and info is leaking or likely to leak, they might as well announce earlier instead of waiting until release date.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:10 PM   #278
Aluminum213
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Master View Post
LOL.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ive took a look at iTunes 11 and decided it needed work:

don't know who is behind it but I thought the design for iTunes 11 is fantastic and I like the edge to edge design and how it matches the iOS iPad and iPhone stores
TV (3rd Gen)
Aluminum213 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:17 PM   #279
digitalove
macrumors regular

Unexpected from Apple. Omg.
digitalove is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:27 PM   #280
MacSince1990
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyes View Post
Ha. Who cares.

iTunes has never been slick and fast, and it never will. Apple does not know how to make software.
iTunes 1 and 2... especially 2.0.4.. WERE slick and fast. 3-4 was reasonable, too.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:31 PM   #281
CWallace
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisdallas View Post
I don't recall the iPad Mini actually leaking, or the iMac.
A number of parts for the iPad Mini, including the LCD panel, logic board, camera, and both the front and back plates all leaked prior to the official launch. The systemboard for the new iMac along with a report of how thin it would be also leaked before the launch.
CWallace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 05:55 AM   #282
puffnit
macrumors newbie

iTunes 11 should be released today or tomorrow - after iPad Mini official premiere.

http://i.imgur.com/67aUW.jpg
puffnit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:33 AM   #283
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnit View Post
iTunes 11 should be released today or tomorrow - after iPad Mini official premiere.

http://i.imgur.com/67aUW.jpg
it has been delayed to end of november so i doubt its coming today or tomorrow the reason why it shows iTunes 11 is required on the box for the iPad mini is because they where originally planning to ship iTunes11 with the device.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:44 AM   #284
ck2875
macrumors 6502

It's been said a million times, but...

"before the end of November" ≠ delayed to the end of November.

First Option - Anytime between now and the end of November. Second option - end of November. Not the same. Tech blogs really need to stop reporting on what they thought they read on CNET and report the actual quote from Neumayr. Macrumors is one of the only ones I've seen get the statement right and yet all the everyone still assumes the worst.

I doubt it's going to take that long, though now they have some extra wiggle room. Apple probably realized it wasn't going to make it by yesterday and figured Twitter and tech blogs would take it as the final sign of the Mayan apocalypse if it didn't appear by the 31st and no formal mention was made by Apple.

Last edited by ck2875; Nov 1, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
ck2875 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:13 AM   #285
Aluminum213
macrumors 6502a

so the iPad mini and iPad 4 have been confirmed to work with iTunes 10?
TV (3rd Gen)
Aluminum213 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:52 AM   #286
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminum213 View Post
so the iPad mini and iPad 4 have been confirmed to work with iTunes 10?
Yes you are able to sync with iTunes 10 however there are a few bugs like the iPad mini and most likely iPad 4 icon missing on the device main page. iTunes 10.7.1 update to fix this maybe?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:24 AM   #287
Drunken Master
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck2875 View Post
Apple probably realized it wasn't going to make it by yesterday and figured Twitter and tech blogs would take it as the final sign of the Mayan apocalypse if it didn't appear by the 31st and no formal mention was made by Apple.
Laughed out loud, well played.
Drunken Master is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:03 PM   #288
oscarmacca
macrumors member

It would be nice if Apple could give attention to the annoyance of a) Mail continually asking for passwords. b) The 'New Mail' alert working only spasmodically and c) the bug in iPhoto and Aperture which generates multiple empty Events/Projects.
oscarmacca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:12 AM   #289
thisisdallas
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWallace View Post
A number of parts for the iPad Mini, including the LCD panel, logic board, camera, and both the front and back plates all leaked prior to the official launch. The systemboard for the new iMac along with a report of how thin it would be also leaked before the launch.
I understand that pieces of them were leaked, but I read these sites daily for the most part and I never recall seeing a 100% correct, pieced together iPad Mini. Same with iMac, I remember seeing rumors that it would be thin, but I never remember pictures. I'm talking about the level of leaks we saw for the iPhone 5. I mean, they had HD pictures and videos of the new design months and months before the actual announcement. I don't remember seeing any of that for the iPad Mini or iMac
thisisdallas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:01 AM   #290
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarmacca View Post
It would be nice if Apple could give attention to the annoyance of a) Mail continually asking for passwords. b) The 'New Mail' alert working only spasmodically and c) the bug in iPhoto and Aperture which generates multiple empty Events/Projects.
Unlikely any of those will be fixed by an iTunes update.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:36 AM   #291
CWallace
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisdallas View Post
I mean, they had HD pictures and videos of the new design months and months before the actual announcement. I don't remember seeing any of that for the iPad Mini or iMac
Indeed, we did not see any accurate renderings of the iMac - just folks on the forum tweaking the ATD.

However, some of the iPad Mini mockups were very close - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1434509 - even if they missed some design details like the chamfered edges and plastic buttons as opposed to metal.
CWallace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:48 AM   #292
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

it's gonna be a long month waiting for this and hopefully does not get delayed again..
Old Nov 2, 2012, 03:57 PM   #293
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck2875 View Post
It's been said a million times, but...

"before the end of November" ≠ delayed to the end of November.

First Option - Anytime between now and the end of November. Second option - end of November. Not the same. Tech blogs really need to stop reporting on what they thought they read on CNET and report the actual quote from Neumayr. Macrumors is one of the only ones I've seen get the statement right and yet all the everyone still assumes the worst.

I doubt it's going to take that long, though now they have some extra wiggle room. Apple probably realized it wasn't going to make it by yesterday and figured Twitter and tech blogs would take it as the final sign of the Mayan apocalypse if it didn't appear by the 31st and no formal mention was made by Apple.
I doubt anything will be released Thanksgiving week, Cook gave employees the option to take the entire week off.

That leaves either the next two weeks or the last week in November.
Reaktor5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:15 AM   #294
cgc
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tann View Post
I'm sure they could make it better and still do everything. That's what I prefer anyway. Otherwise I'd have to open up 3/4 programs to sync photos/videos/music/apps onto my phone?

We'll see what it's like!
That's why I suggested they split iTunes into two apps: one for music and purchasing media (not apps) another for i-device syncing/management (which would sync music and apps as well).
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:53 AM   #295
Ryan John
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CausticPuppy View Post
Why? They should release it when it's done.

If they released it this month, everybody would just be bitching about how buggy and crappy it is.
This will happen regardless of when it is released.
Ryan John is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 01:02 PM   #296
AppleMacFinder
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Dramatically simpler and cleaner interface
Guess, we are going to miss some features
AppleMacFinder is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:19 PM   #297
albusseverus
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleMacFinder View Post
Guess, we are going to miss some features
I'm going to miss Podcasts.

It appears Apple want us to download podcasts on devices. Not one of these devices is a computer, where those of us who sync content that does not originate from iTunes store, sync devices daily or weekly.

This is a flawed strategy and the means Apple provides - Podcasts app, is so useless, it's almost as if Apple wants to turn podcasts entirely over to third-party apps.

The Podcasts app has been fundamentally flawed from the very first. Didn't even sync back to a master library in iTunes. Caused multiple downloads which wiped out cellular customers and upped podcasters' bandwidth bills by a factor of 10. Buggy and almost crashed my iPhone, just trying to use it for a week.

I believe this app is beyond repair and can only be fixed by a complete re-write, or better still, going back to the original method - download and sync from computer, or download in iTunes on device, and sync with computer later.

I've never had any problems with iTunes, except playback when it's doing a major data/sync job. It's big and it's unfocussed, but it works well, especially considering the multitude of tasks with which it's charged.

I don't care how long iTunes gets delayed, as long as it does a good job when it's released. I just pray it still has podcasts. Improved podcasts, would be a bonus.
albusseverus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:44 PM   #298
sensorian
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburley7 View Post
it's gonna be a long month waiting for this and hopefully does not get delayed again..
I find if I just get on with my life and adopt technology as it actually becomes available I can avoid feeling like that.......
sensorian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:18 PM   #299
ipedro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by albusseverus View Post
I'm going to miss Podcasts.

I don't know what you're talking about. Podcasts are right in the drop down menu visible during the iTunes 11 demo.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:53 AM   #300
mattburley7
macrumors 65816

getting closer to end of november and still no news about iTunes11 release

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion