Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
I think they will release it on a Wednesday so Im going with November 28th since that is the end of November. We definately wont see it before the middle of the month.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
But there is no reason or indication that apple would ever delay the release of a product just to preserve the mystery of an apple conference as you are insinuating

Sounds like a straw man argument, has anyone said they should delay a release just for that? The point is, if they're manufacturing a product and info is leaking or likely to leak, they might as well announce earlier instead of waiting until release date.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I don't recall the iPad Mini actually leaking, or the iMac.

A number of parts for the iPad Mini, including the LCD panel, logic board, camera, and both the front and back plates all leaked prior to the official launch. The systemboard for the new iMac along with a report of how thin it would be also leaked before the launch.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
It's been said a million times, but...

"before the end of November" ≠ delayed to the end of November.

First Option - Anytime between now and the end of November. Second option - end of November. Not the same. Tech blogs really need to stop reporting on what they thought they read on CNET and report the actual quote from Neumayr. Macrumors is one of the only ones I've seen get the statement right and yet all the everyone still assumes the worst.

I doubt it's going to take that long, though now they have some extra wiggle room. Apple probably realized it wasn't going to make it by yesterday and figured Twitter and tech blogs would take it as the final sign of the Mayan apocalypse if it didn't appear by the 31st and no formal mention was made by Apple.

Last edited:

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
so the iPad mini and iPad 4 have been confirmed to work with iTunes 10?

Yes you are able to sync with iTunes 10 however there are a few bugs like the iPad mini and most likely iPad 4 icon missing on the device main page. iTunes 10.7.1 update to fix this maybe?

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Apple probably realized it wasn't going to make it by yesterday and figured Twitter and tech blogs would take it as the final sign of the Mayan apocalypse if it didn't appear by the 31st and no formal mention was made by Apple.

Laughed out loud, well played. :D

oscarmacca

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2008
It would be nice if Apple could give attention to the annoyance of a) Mail continually asking for passwords. b) The 'New Mail' alert working only spasmodically and c) the bug in iPhoto and Aperture which generates multiple empty Events/Projects.

thisisdallas

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Cupertino, CA
A number of parts for the iPad Mini, including the LCD panel, logic board, camera, and both the front and back plates all leaked prior to the official launch. The systemboard for the new iMac along with a report of how thin it would be also leaked before the launch.

I understand that pieces of them were leaked, but I read these sites daily for the most part and I never recall seeing a 100% correct, pieced together iPad Mini. Same with iMac, I remember seeing rumors that it would be thin, but I never remember pictures. I'm talking about the level of leaks we saw for the iPhone 5. I mean, they had HD pictures and videos of the new design months and months before the actual announcement. I don't remember seeing any of that for the iPad Mini or iMac

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
It would be nice if Apple could give attention to the annoyance of a) Mail continually asking for passwords. b) The 'New Mail' alert working only spasmodically and c) the bug in iPhoto and Aperture which generates multiple empty Events/Projects.

Unlikely any of those will be fixed by an iTunes update.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I mean, they had HD pictures and videos of the new design months and months before the actual announcement. I don't remember seeing any of that for the iPad Mini or iMac

Indeed, we did not see any accurate renderings of the iMac - just folks on the forum tweaking the ATD.

However, some of the iPad Mini mockups were very close - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1434509/ - even if they missed some design details like the chamfered edges and plastic buttons as opposed to metal.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
It's been said a million times, but...

"before the end of November" ≠ delayed to the end of November.

First Option - Anytime between now and the end of November. Second option - end of November. Not the same. Tech blogs really need to stop reporting on what they thought they read on CNET and report the actual quote from Neumayr. Macrumors is one of the only ones I've seen get the statement right and yet all the everyone still assumes the worst.

I doubt it's going to take that long, though now they have some extra wiggle room. Apple probably realized it wasn't going to make it by yesterday and figured Twitter and tech blogs would take it as the final sign of the Mayan apocalypse if it didn't appear by the 31st and no formal mention was made by Apple.

I doubt anything will be released Thanksgiving week, Cook gave employees the option to take the entire week off.

That leaves either the next two weeks or the last week in November.

cgc

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2003
Utah
I'm sure they could make it better and still do everything. That's what I prefer anyway. Otherwise I'd have to open up 3/4 programs to sync photos/videos/music/apps onto my phone?

We'll see what it's like!

That's why I suggested they split iTunes into two apps: one for music and purchasing media (not apps) another for i-device syncing/management (which would sync music and apps as well).

albusseverus

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2007
Guess, we are going to miss some features :(

I'm going to miss Podcasts.

It appears Apple want us to download podcasts on devices. Not one of these devices is a computer, where those of us who sync content that does not originate from iTunes store, sync devices daily or weekly.

This is a flawed strategy and the means Apple provides - Podcasts app, is so useless, it's almost as if Apple wants to turn podcasts entirely over to third-party apps.

The Podcasts app has been fundamentally flawed from the very first. Didn't even sync back to a master library in iTunes. Caused multiple downloads which wiped out cellular customers and upped podcasters' bandwidth bills by a factor of 10. Buggy and almost crashed my iPhone, just trying to use it for a week.

I believe this app is beyond repair and can only be fixed by a complete re-write, or better still, going back to the original method - download and sync from computer, or download in iTunes on device, and sync with computer later.

I've never had any problems with iTunes, except playback when it's doing a major data/sync job. It's big and it's unfocussed, but it works well, especially considering the multitude of tasks with which it's charged.

I don't care how long iTunes gets delayed, as long as it does a good job when it's released. I just pray it still has podcasts. Improved podcasts, would be a bonus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.