Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VitaliyT

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
US of A
Sigan Loss

definately getting biiig signal loss from a knock-off. My basement area doesnt have strong signal to begin with , 2-3 bars at most. Once i put the case on, signal drops to 1 bar and sometimes goes into searching mode. text messages and phone calls dont go through at all.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
definately getting biiig signal loss from a knock-off. My basement area doesnt have strong signal to begin with , 2-3 bars at most. Once i put the case on, signal drops to 1 bar and sometimes goes into searching mode. text messages and phone calls dont go through at all.
That's what I was worried about. :(

The Afroman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2009
Austin,Tx

Is this with the Vapor Pro style one? Also have you checked field test?

http://www.cultofmac.com/128306/access-the-hidden-field-test-app-for-iphone-ios-tips/

What are you getting before and after.. I was really hoping the Vapor Pro style didn't do this..:confused:

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012

How would he have it if it just came out and it takes 3-4 weeks to ship here plus the delay from Sandy, he's probably talking about the full metal version.

In theory I dont think this case will be a problem because it doesn't bridge the two antennas with a full metal piece it stops that with a plastic piece since most plastic and polymer don't conduct electricity it doesn't bridge them together, bridging two antennas together originally with your hand was what caused this in the Iphone 4 since your body conducts electricity. Although it might have to have all 4 pieces cutting this off like the Sector 5 for it to work because your hand can bridge the plastic but 4 pieces cuts that off almost completely.

Last edited:

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I ordered a black one, 20 bucks isn't a big loss if it doesn't work, I also ordered a Black sector 5 so either way, I think they'll probably get here the same time.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
No clue, ordered mine last Friday and they shipped it on Saturday and USPS still has it in China a week later, United States postal service sucks balls they just lost one of my packages last week also...

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
No clue, ordered mine last Friday and they shipped it on Saturday and USPS still has it in China a week later, United States postal service sucks balls they just lost one of my packages last week also...

When I've ordered from them in the past, the package sat in China for what felt like FOREVER and then suddenly was in NY. The first leg of the journey takes the longest.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009

Which one did you get? ebay or caseswill?

mikegoldnj

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2005
Got my Casewill vapor pro today.

Quality seems good (although I'm not quite sure if I really like this style case yet).

Amazing that, not only are they copying the design, putting the Element name on the thing, but it also came with a card saying that it was an authentic Element product!

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
LoL black market products for the win! I have NO issue buying the knock off for $22 when Element wants to rip me off for $140. I would certainly not mind if the element name wasn't on the Chinese clone but I really give a hooties cow that it's on there. I see you say you're a business owner so your perspective is a bit different BUT I bet if the Element bumper was more competitively priced there would be less of a rush to buy the counterfeit product. I have done some CnC work before with paintball parts and know the amount of time and money that goes into design, programming, re-programming and ensuring the completed product is top notch (though I have no clue what elements time/cost runs) so I can honestly say their pricing is way to high. BUT they get away with charging that much so like with apple, they will continue to do so. Maybe if they got rid of the hottie spokes model they could lower the price! Nah just kidding, they can keep her and I'll keep buying mine from china!! (by the way shleif, if you really want to get pissed go to http://www.caseswill.com and check out ALL the element models for the 4/4s listed :eek:)

Element put money and time into R&D, marketing, which your pals from China don't.

Your estimates of cost and price are anecdotal, and the development and marketing costs of an iPhone case are worlds apart from 'paintball parts', aesthetics, fit and finish notwithstanding.

Obviously, Element has provided value by designing a popular case - otherwise, why would people be rushing to buy the design? Element also did the work to ensure that their case didn't interfere with signal, unlike the knockoff.

This is why we can't have nice things. An American company does the innovation, a Chinese company copies it with none of the overhead and dubious quality, and you reward the ripoff with a purchase. Nice.

I'm just guessing, but you might whistle a different tune if you made paintball parts for a living, devised some neat feature and after hours and hours of testing and CNC work refining it, put it up on the market and a month later found it on paintballswill.com for less than your cost to make it. "lol black market products for the win!"

Last edited:

indyzzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2010
Element case shills are everywhere :D, damage control in full swing. :p

Your sense patriotism will be questioned, personal attacks will be hurled and if all else fails, mods will be alerted, lmao, it should be fun to watch the fur fly :D. no wonder thier cases cost so much more than chinese replicas, they gotta pay these guys.

der-kaiser

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Brisbane
I've had the authentic Vapor, Vapor Pro and replica Vapro Pro for the iPhone4/s. While there is a minor difference in finish, the huge difference in price more then makes up for it. All in all, if EC ever produce a case that gets my attention in the future (S5 looks ugly), I'll pay for a replica. I don't care to add on to EC's profit margin or that they are an US company.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.