Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:34 PM   #501
cali0028
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisey View Post
Do you think the case would fit with a back protector?
I don't think so cause its tight fit and snaps in the back case.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
I have this exact color for my white mini. So far, so good.
Ya it's nice but only one small gripe is that there is no soft cloth or anything on the back but it's not moving or anything to I guess it would be okay ( only time would tell)
__________________
13" MacBook Air i7, iPhone 5 (White) 2X, iPad Mini
cali0028 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:51 PM   #502
solo118
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2011
Im going for the Poetic slim portfolio case on amazon. $7 shipped!
__________________
iPhone 6 at&t/2012 Macbook Pro Retina 13"/ iPad Mini
solo118 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:35 PM   #503
glen e
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ft Lauderdale
I've got both; the poetic is junk, compared to the khomo....
glen e is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:02 PM   #504
Kisey
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali0028 View Post
Ya it's nice but only one small gripe is that there is no soft cloth or anything on the back but it's not moving or anything to I guess it would be okay ( only time would tell)
Exactly why I'd want to (try to) use a back protector as well. I don't want dirt getting trapped in there and scratching the back of the iPad.
Kisey is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:33 PM   #505
cali0028
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisey View Post
Exactly why I'd want to (try to) use a back protector as well. I don't want dirt getting trapped in there and scratching the back of the iPad.
Good point. I didn't think about that. I might just keep it though cause so far this is one of the best smart case i've seen.
__________________
13" MacBook Air i7, iPhone 5 (White) 2X, iPad Mini
cali0028 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:57 PM   #506
glen e
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali0028 View Post
Good point. I didn't think about that. I might just keep it though cause so far this is one of the best smart case i've seen.
oh c'mon...are you guys at a job site or something? - put some painters tape back there if you are that OCD......I've owned every ipad they have made and never seen a pad scratch from DUST....
glen e is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:37 PM   #507
Rigby
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by andgosun View Post
I preordered a Berlin Cognac cover from Amazon some time ago, and received it today. Have only had it for a few hours and really love it already. All of the cut outs are perfect. I also love the built in buttons for the power and volume. The case covers and closes completely, leaving no exposed surfaces. It is Genuine Leather with a pleasant leather smell. Outside dimensions are 8 1/8" tall, 5 1/2" wide and a very slim 1/2" thick. The stitch work is very fine. The design is very form fitting. I Love It! ! !
This looks great! Can you confirm whether the upright viewing position is stable? I've read some comments that it tends to fall over.

BTW, it's apparently not available at Amazon US anymore (and the UK and German stores don't ship it to US addresses).
Rigby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:10 PM   #508
DarkAether
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigby View Post
This looks great! Can you confirm whether the upright viewing position is stable? I've read some comments that it tends to fall over.

BTW, it's apparently not available at Amazon US anymore (and the UK and German stores don't ship it to US addresses).
I just received mine and was as equally unhappy with the fit as the other folks that have been posting their reviews on Amazon. It appears as of today, Kavaj or Amazon pulled them from sale.

-A
DarkAether is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:14 PM   #509
SAL8116
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali0028 View Post
here is the Khomo Red that I just got today too!
I ordered one also. Fits great. Thanks for whomever posted the link to it.
SAL8116 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:17 PM   #510
cali0028
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL8116 View Post
I ordered one also. Fits great. Thanks for whomever posted the link to it.
it was me :P and trust me you will like it. I might order one for my ipad that i have in the car lol....
__________________
13" MacBook Air i7, iPhone 5 (White) 2X, iPad Mini
cali0028 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:24 PM   #511
Rigby
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAether View Post
I just received mine and was as equally unhappy with the fit as the other folks that have been posting their reviews on Amazon. It appears as of today, Kavaj or Amazon pulled them from sale.
Hm, the reviews in the Amazon UK and Germany stores seem to be mostly favorable?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KAVAJ-leathe.../dp/B009VK276K

http://www.amazon.de/KAVAJ-Ledertasc.../dp/B009VK276K
Rigby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:51 AM   #512
jacoder
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by andgosun View Post
I preordered a Berlin Cognac cover from Amazon some time ago, and received it today. Have only had it for a few hours and really love it already. All of the cut outs are perfect. I also love the built in buttons for the power and volume. The case covers and closes completely, leaving no exposed surfaces. It is Genuine Leather with a pleasant leather smell. Outside dimensions are 8 1/8" tall, 5 1/2" wide and a very slim 1/2" thick. The stitch work is very fine. The design is very form fitting. I Love It! ! !
Agree!!! Got mine yesterday also!

Here are KAVAJ iPad mini leather case photo:


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr


KAVAJ - iPad mini Leather case by Tohru にゃん, on Flickr

Rest of photo are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tohru/s...th/8232098714/

jacoder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:27 PM   #513
Macnificant
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
This looks like a great case. A reviewer on You Tube gave it 5 stars. You can get it at Amazon.com for $26.95:
http://www.amazon.com/Slim-iPad-Mini...=IA8D6NK3TNRPM
If you look at the amazon.com reviews it has a perfect 5 stars by 35 people. All within the last couple days and each reviewer has NEVER reviewed anything else on amazon....

be careful!
Macnificant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 04:28 AM   #514
ZipZap
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
While the kavaj looks good in black it has only 2 viewing angles. Devicewear still wins in my book
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 04:59 AM   #515
CD3660
macrumors 68030
 
CD3660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
While the kavaj looks good in black it has only 2 viewing angles. Devicewear still wins in my book
I have a Kavaj Hamburg for my iPad 3 which is more versatile, and is absolutely superb. Perhaps they'll bring one out for the Mini.

Watch this You Tube video to see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWdLp...layer_embedded

Last edited by CD3660; Dec 1, 2012 at 05:46 AM.
CD3660 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:43 AM   #516
FrozenDarkness
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali0028 View Post
here is the Khomo Red that I just got today too!
I got this case too in all black but I didn't have the grey inside lining to the Smart Cover. Mine is just all rubber, was hoping for microfiber. Is the grey lining microfiber?
FrozenDarkness is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 02:15 PM   #517
joelk2
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
i ordered a nillkin case from china and its now turned up.

here are the pictures.

Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
__________________
IMac 2011 21.5" - Ipad Mini 16gb - Iphone 4 x 2 - ATV2 - Ipad 2 32gb
joelk2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:30 PM   #518
turbotoes
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestfisherma View Post
If I see one more case maker advertise their case as "vegan leather" I'm going to puke! What a dumb ass term! It's either leather or it's vinyl, deal with it!
Amen to that!
turbotoes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:16 PM   #519
mutigers
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I picked up a rooCASE from amazon for the iPad mini. I plan on using the case for travel so the mini is not loose in my bag. The iPad mini with Smart Cover fits perfectly inside the sleeve. The outside pocket is great for my charger and camera connection kit.


http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Bubble...ad+Mini+sleeve
mutigers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 06:13 PM   #520
ramb27
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: toronto.on.ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb27 View Post
I am interested in this one: toffee slim folio for iPad mini

I know these are a bit pricey and not sure if they are really worth the money compared to others. Just wondering if anyone else here has experience with any of their products, particularly the iPad 2/3 version of slim folio.

Thanks.
I pre-ordered the red version of this Toffee case and received it yesterday. I must say I am very impressed with it. High quality leather, very well made and fits perfectly with all the cutouts properly aligned. Toffee customer service is very good too. One minor gripe is that tab must be used to keep it steady in viewing position.
ramb27 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:55 PM   #521
alexus
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I have iPad mini (black) w/ RED smart cover...

I'd like to be able to take my iPad mini outside, so I'd like to protect it from scratched as such, so I purchased screen protector and now I'm looking to cover back of it. I'm looking for something slim (I dont want to add bulk)

any suggestion (that would co-exists w/ apple's smart cover)?
__________________
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013); 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7; Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3; Apple SSD SD512E
-
http://alexus.org/ - http://alexus.biz/ - http://alexus.fm/
alexus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 04:31 AM   #522
normwood
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In a house...duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexus View Post
I have iPad mini (black) w/ RED smart cover...

I'd like to be able to take my iPad mini outside, so I'd like to protect it from scratched as such, so I purchased screen protector and now I'm looking to cover back of it. I'm looking for something slim (I dont want to add bulk)

any suggestion (that would co-exists w/ apple's smart cover)?
See the Switcheasy Cover Buddy thread. Mine arrived yesterday.
__________________
21.5" I3 iMac+Magic Trackpad. 11" MacBook Air; 13" Macbook; 32 Gig Wifi iPad Mini; 64 Gig iPhone 5; 2nd Gen Nano; 3rd Generation Nano in the car, Airport Extreme and Airport Express.
normwood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 04:53 AM   #523
ZipZap
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD3660 View Post
I have a Kavaj Hamburg for my iPad 3 which is more versatile, and is absolutely superb. Perhaps they'll bring one out for the Mini.

Watch this You Tube video to see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWdLp...layer_embedded
I watched and dont agree. Devicewear is still better although its not real leather. But at $26 ...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramb27 View Post
I pre-ordered the red version of this Toffee case and received it yesterday. I must say I am very impressed with it. High quality leather, very well made and fits perfectly with all the cutouts properly aligned. Toffee customer service is very good too. One minor gripe is that tab must be used to keep it steady in viewing position.
I can see the stitching
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:06 AM   #524
CD3660
macrumors 68030
 
CD3660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
I watched and dont agree. Devicewear is still better although its not real leather. But at $26 ...
You don't agree with what? I wasn't comparing it to the Devicewear (which I have never seen). I was merely stating the FACT that the Kavaj Hamburg is more versatile than the Kavaj Berlin.

Each to his own.
CD3660 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:30 AM   #525
DarkAether
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
[content no longer relevant]

Last edited by DarkAether; Dec 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
DarkAether is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini: if iPad Mini case works on iPad Mini 2 (Retina) ? engagemawu iPad Accessories 23 Nov 26, 2013 06:57 PM
iPad Mini: Will Tumi iPad mini case work for iPad mini retina? Noctilux.95 iPad 3 Nov 14, 2013 09:48 AM
iPad: Ipad air, Ipad mini retina and Ipad mini space grey photo thread gadget123 iPad 0 Nov 1, 2013 05:44 PM
iPad Mini: If iPad Mini Case works on iPad Mini with retina display ? engagemawu iPad Accessories 4 Oct 23, 2013 03:13 PM
iPad Mini: Case Crown iPad Mini Suede Sleeve/Case Anti-Lucifer iPad Accessories 0 Nov 23, 2012 04:55 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC